Forums

Help › Forums

2023 Andyson Memorial

Tue, May 7 2024 3:14 PM (492 replies)
  • Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sat, Nov 11 2023 11:30 AM

this is one of my favorite tourneys in the year...again it was a treat ...well played Jack!

Thank You

11.11.23 Erin Hills, Full 18 Tour Champion 59
  • HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Sat, Nov 11 2023 5:07 PM

Salutations from Mio:

We have a winner!  With 6 of the remaining 8 players failing to make the cut at Erin Hills and one No Return, the sole surviving player to have made the cut with a score of 58, and therefore winning the strokeplay tournament and becoming the Andyson Memorial 2023 Strokeplay Champion, is JMH1.

Congratulations to Jack for his achievement, and thank you to everyone who took part.  I hope you all enjoyed the format of the tournament.  If there is anything you would have liked to have seen done differently, or have any suggestions on how it coud be improved, please let me know by either posting here, writing on my profile wall, or sending me a private message, and it will get considered for next year (if I'm still around and running the tournament again).

Jack - your trophy will be presented in due course.  You have a choice of receiving a club/clubs/set of clubs (dependent on the price), or 3 sleeves of balls.  I suspect it will be the balls as you seem to have all the top level clubs, but please confirm.

• JMH1
    286 Posts
    Sat, Nov 11 2023 5:49 PM

Thanks, Mio, and thanks for all the work you put in staging this fun tourney. I was very lucky to make the final cut--a 93 yard holeout and fairly long putts.

Your presumption is correct.  I'll take the 3 sleeves of TP5 level 92+ balls will be most appreciated.

Jack

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2023 4:09 AM

JMH1:
    Your presumption is correct.  I'll take the 3 sleeves of TP5 level 92+ balls will be most appreciated.

Sent.  Enjoy.

• TomCarioca
    288 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2023 12:33 PM

Congrats Jack - outstanding performance!

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2023 5:02 PM

As promised, here is Jack's trophy for winning the Andyson Memorial 2023 Stroke Play event:

And that concludes this year's tournament... except that we still have a few prize donations.  Over the next couple of days I will do some random drawings to win a sleeve of balls each.

Thank you all for participating, and all being well I might see you all again next year.

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Sat, Nov 18 2023 2:36 PM

FROM MIO WITH LOVE....

Sorry for the lateness of this post, but I have been away for the past week.

"We have 4 remaining prize dontations from players.  Because I hadn't set them for anything in particular, I have decided to do a random draw.  I have randomly drawn 4 players, the only proviso being that they must have played at least 1 game in either the stroke play or matchplay events.  The first 4 names drawn at random are:

GHOST3715   (1 sleeve donated by opyeuclid)
    lousoly   (1 sleeve donated by TomCarioca)
    Rossembo   (1 sleeve donated by AnaNikolaj)
    conveyorguy   (1 sleeve donated by DufferJohn7)

I will send a message to each of those donating the prize.

Once again, thank you to everyone who took part, and to HamdenPro for helping with the running of the tournament."

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2023 9:16 AM

First off, Thank you to DufferJohn7 for the sleeve of balls. I'll do my best to keep 'em dry :).

A big thank you goes out to Mio, HamdenPro, and everyone else who helped make this years tournament the great success that it Continues to be. Dennis would be quite proud. Congratulations to JMH1 and JerseyJake72 on their wins, with condolences to AnaNikolaj who took me down in the first round of match play. It looked like he was on his way to taking it all !.

I still have the ball marker and Thank You note from MrCaddie on my coomputer next to me (as well as all of the others) and look forward to playing again next year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and have a safe and wonderful Holiday Season.

Cheers !!!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2023 5:35 PM

Day late , Things happen .

I might not post much but but I do like to watch .  some how that does not sound right .

Anyway it was a pleasure to see how this years Andysons tourney turned out , Some old faces and new got together as a team and made this years game a treat of what this stupid game we play called WGT that we still play ....  Why do you ask ?

Because there is this community of a few that see something other here than a " Birdie "  or a Squatch , they look for signs and search for eggs and work past glitches and puzzles with Hope in mind ,

We gather for what once was and what is to be in some simple way to make the best of this place some of us call home with friends and family some who you may never see for real but are Kin ,

We look and search for ways to keep that special point or points to make this a place !

Thank You to all who took part of of " This " game this year and all the hard work it took .

OPY

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2023 10:43 AM

Well said Opy.

opyeuclid:
    We gather for what once was ...  to make the best of this place some of us call home with friends and family some who you may never see for real but are Kin

Exactly this.  I can't say the future is bright here, hasn't been for some time now, but some of us have lots of memories, wonderful memories (and some bad ones!) and some great friendships that keep us hanging on.

RSS