Forums

Help › Forums

2023 Andyson Memorial

Tue, May 7 2024 3:14 PM (492 replies)
  • JMH1
    286 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2023 6:02 PM

Standing up for my clubmate,Pete, he did play PGA on Nov 3.  

This is from the scores on his profile.

• Allqvie
    291 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2023 6:04 PM

Congratulations Jake, and also congrats Wildcoast on your runner up finish, superb performance all the way Steve.

On another note, I find one factual error above looking at Jake's score history;

Jake posted a 57 at PGA National on Friday November 3rd, this would be his first ranked game at PGA National this week.

This is what the rules states:

I don't know if this is a miss in Jake forgetting to post his score or a technical issue on WGT but from what I can tell he played his round and made the weekly cut :)

All the best,
    Freddie

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2023 6:19 PM

Allqvie:
    Jake posted a 57 at PGA National on Friday November 3rd, this would be his first ranked game at PGA National this week.

This is what the rules states:

I don't know if this is a miss in Jake forgetting to post his score or a technical issue on WGT but from what I can tell he played his round and made the weekly cut :)

We will have to wait for word from MIO. Just to be clear, the rules also state that a score must be posted by the deadline. Not sure whether that means shown on score history or posted here. (I did not make the rules- LOL).

In any event, whatever happens, just remember, this is all for fun. No credits were spent to play and this is just a game. :)

• Allqvie
    291 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2023 6:21 PM

Yeah, sorry for any confusion,I didn't mean to say either is right or wrong I just wanted to point out that Jake did play PGA National :D

• kasia1967
    1,320 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:20 AM

Be very harsh if jake was not allowed in as only human error  .everyone knows with  some of my boys acting so fast and stepping up an posting jakes card   even tho in history shows the date..its only fair i think jake should be given the rights to go for the Double  ..

THO We will all accept Mios final outcome  ...and thank you in keeping this great event running  hats of to you 

• jerseyjake72
    352 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2023 1:49 AM

Hi all oh dear my mistake I posted in my clubs room and forgot to update it to the forum. I will except what ever decision is made but it's the only round I played at PGA that week.

Thanks to all for such a great tournament.

Ps thanks to all my club members for their posts 

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2023 8:38 AM

Sorry for the late reply, but my posts don't get through moderation over the weekend (one from yesterday still isn't up at time of writing this), so I'm replying now and hopefully it will get through soon..

I did indeed look at jerseyjake's score history a few hours before the deadline, and for some reason which I can't explain, I didn't see a score on PGA National.  And even 30 minutes before the deadline I checked again, and still didn't see a score, hence why I asked HP to make that post.  I should add, those were my words, HP was just the messenger, so there was no fault on her part.

Once she made the post and a few people replied, she messaged me and I checked the score history again.  I must have been going blind because initially I still couldn't see it.  It was only when I focused on the date it had been played that I finally saw the score.  So yes, even though no post was made here, the score is in his score history, within the required dates, and therefore he progresses through to the next round.

I apologise for any inconvenience or distress caused, it was not intentional.

So, just to confirm, all 8 players are through to this week's round on Erin Hills.  The cut line it at -14 (58).  Good luck to everyone involved.

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2023 1:42 PM

With the 2023 matchplay event complete, here is a summary of the way things went...

In the top half of the draw AnaNikolaj, the bookie's pre-tournament favourite (I was the bookie  :D ), sailed through to the semi-finals, with some resistence only coming from hokeypokey300, but in the end experience came through.  Also in the top half jerseyjake72 was quietly disposing of players one by one to reach the semi-final stage.

In the bottom half of the draw WildCoast didn't play until the third round, and then had good wins against Tdotdoba and Trinbagoboy to reach his semi-final.  Slimjim001 took TomCarioca to the 2nd extra hole in their second round match before having to concede the win, and Tom then continued on his way to the semi-finals.

In the first semi-final match jerseyjake obviously hadn't read the script and beat AnaNikolaj 3&1 to book his place in the final.  In the second semi-final, WildCoast was meticulous in his play against TomCarioca and cruised to the final with a deserved 4&3 win.

In the final jerseyjake was relentless, missing only 3 putts in 16 holes, to close out the tournament with a 3&2 win over WildCoast, who didn't quite have the touch he showed in his semi-final match.  Well done to both finalists, and thank you to everyone who took part in this great event.

And now for the trophy presentation.  This trophy, and a cheque for $0 (zero dollars), is presented to jerseyjake72 by the CEO of Horrible Comics Group, and a sideline trophy design & engraving service - HamdenPro:

Jake - you have a choice of receiving a club/clubs/set of clubs (dependant on the price), or 3 sleeves of balls.  I suspect it will be the balls as you seem to have all the top level clubs, but please confirm.

WildCoast will receive 2 sleeves of balls for coming in the runner-up spot, donated by Bills Band CC.  I will let Paul (Tdotdoba) know.

• jerseyjake72
    352 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2023 3:04 PM

I am loving the trophy a beautiful thing and by far my most prestigious. 

Thanks miokontic for the great competition. 

The sleeves would be most appreciated. 

Many thanks Jake 

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2023 4:14 PM

jerseyjake72:
    The sleeves would be most appreciated. 

Sent.  Enjoy.

RSS