Forums

Help › Forums

A question for CC owners

Mon, Jul 17 2023 3:16 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • looselugnutz
    1,400 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2023 12:44 PM

We've had 36 players join our country club since 4 July. Their tiers rank from Hack to Legend. While we're always on the lookout for new members, 36 in 3 days is far more than we've gained in the past year. I'm not complaining about rising membership, but just want to know if any other CC owners have seen an increase like this over the past few days, or at any other time. An anomaly like this just tweaks my curiosity.

Thanks,

Scott

• AlaskanDame
    19,038 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2023 6:52 PM

Not in my club, no.

Strange indeed!

• looselugnutz
    1,400 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2023 11:10 AM

What is Autojoin and how can a country club opt out of it?

The issue I raised yesterday seems to be connected to this new feature added during the latest update. We now have 55 new members since 4 July. None of these new members were invited. None have friends in our country club. The're just.... showing up. At the rate this is going we'll be a saturation in the next few days, and I'll have to start culling members in order to invite some players we would like to join.

I'm hoping this thread might start a discussion whereby we find out how this new feature works, and we can get some answers as to how we can un-do what looks to be a bad idea by WGT.

Scott

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2023 11:17 AM

looselugnutz:

I figured this was what was doing it, I think if you setup so that you must approve new members will "opt" you out...Might be best to ask Champ or Nico in PM or on discord.

• looselugnutz
    1,400 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2023 11:33 AM

Thanks for your input, Chris.

• HamdenPro
    2,424 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2023 1:17 PM

looselugnutz:

This, from Champ:

One of things we've been talking about is an autojoin to match players to active clubs (of course owner would be able to block autojoin if they want)

And this:

We try to get players into clubs because people in clubs are having fun, but we show them clubs that no one's playing in

And, finally, this:

it's a bummer.

Hope that helps!

• AlaskanDame
    19,038 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2023 10:58 PM

In Owners Tools, you will find these options:

——————-

Looking for players?
     YES: Allow new players to join my club automatically upon membership request
     YES: Allow new players to join my club with my approval
     NO: Do not list my club as looking for new players, and disable membership requests
    I have always used the middle setting.  I make them be friends first and exchange at least one private message.  I want to know that they can/will communicate and can navigate the site.  Also, with higher tiers, I want to know what didn’t work for them in their previous club(s).  Everyone is a free agent, but long-termers are preferrred.
    ————
    My club “recruiting message,” which is also in owners tools, says this:
    Active, friendly club with very few requirements….EXCEPT you must “friend” the owner and communicate before you will be admitted.  We do not use Discord or other apps, just our very active club forum.
  • looselugnutz
    1,400 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2023 10:48 AM

Everyone's input on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks all for your time and advice.

Scott

• EWisniewski1
    39 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2023 3:41 PM

A great thread. Like your club we gained many new members; we gained 110!  I changed our recruiting message as well as the requirement for  a Join Request.  I have no clue what will happen now. Will I get an email? An in game message? 

any owner that might know, I’d appreciate the help.

Evan 

• looselugnutz
    1,400 Posts
    Mon, Jul 17 2023 12:15 PM

On the game app, when you click on 'Country Clubs' at the bottom of the screen, you'll be directed to your club's home page. There, in the upper right of the screen, you'll see 'Manage Club Requests.' If anyone is wishing to join your club, you'll see a colored dot to the right of that. When you click on it you'll see 'Requests to Join' and 'My Invitations.' You can accept or deny entry from there.

You won't get hammered with requests like before, unless there are droves wanting to join your club, but it will be more like it was prior to the latest update. Your requests will be much more manageable. Hope this helps.

Scott

• PAGES
RSS