Forums

Help › Forums

Alternative shot play

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 11 2023 3:32 AM (20 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2023 1:36 PM

Hi , as a forever mobile player, I would like to acknowledge and thank WGT for bringing to the mobile format alt shot , skins, and match play. The most recent , alt shot , became available to me today on iPad , and I joined a very interesting group of players . Admitting I was a newbie and first timer at that format, I would like to thank them for their welcome and encouragement. The chat between four of us made my head spin , and the abbreviations , I think I may need to learn . It was most enjoyable , and it will increase the mobile spectrum of entertainment immensely. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,964 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2023 8:49 PM

You need to add 2 more people to your club, L!  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, May 27 2023 12:11 AM

AlaskanDame:

You need to add 2 more people to your club, L!  

Hahahahah , I don’t want two more people , but Gaz and I can take on others , he is such a good putter , we just need to time our shots so he does all the putting !! Lol 

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sat, May 27 2023 4:48 PM

Good to hear Boss, AltSht is best part of WGT!  

• Mightymousemv
    595 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 3:57 AM

Was very much looking forward to this update, but could someone please explain the wisdom of not having practice mode as a setup option only scored. For example like to play with a Legend. Tour Legend and a couple Tour Pros. I surmise conditions most likely being the highest tiered player with most likely the typical asinine winds and Championship greens. Would have been nice to be able to set conditions for all to enjoy. Am I missing something?

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 5:42 AM

I have only played one round of alt shot match and can see it recorded only as an alt shot won. It isnt recorded in my score history, so am assuming , it isn’t really a scored round , how can it be when I haven’t played all the shots, so it seemingly is just scored for the stats part of alt shots and nothing else. But I get your point about making it more inclusive if lower level  players are playing with or even against higher level players . Is that correct that conditions ie speed of green are set to the highest level player ? 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 6:07 AM

bossbird:
    Is that correct that conditions ie speed of green are set to the highest level player ? 

It is correct, the highest Tier sets conditions. 

IMO- Alt shot is a great game mode and forced me to play with friends on T12/C13s and in higher winds as a hack, I quickly started to love C13s and hate my own green speeds.

• Mightymousemv
    595 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 6:42 AM

Maybe so, but the Pros Tour Pro friends I have may not agree :)))

• bwsq
    98 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 7:00 AM

It's a fun format, but finding a match can be challenging. 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 10:19 AM

bwsq:

It's a fun format, but finding a match can be challenging. 

+1

RSS