Forums

Help › Forums

How I would improveWGT....

Fri, Aug 4 2023 9:17 PM (22 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2023 5:25 AM

I believe WGT needs a Grievance Committee. A 3-person panel who will hear, and decide upon, grievances lodged by members of the playing community or WGT staff. 

Members can contest such things as being on moderation, or suspension of suspected multi accounts, or accusations of sandbagging, cheating, etc....

The committee would consist of 1 moderator from WGT, 1 member who would be picked randomly and 1 person from the WGT Junior Moderator Program (JMP). Seeing how I am the only person in the over staffed Junior Moderator Program, I would imagine I would be one of the committee members (totally makes sense).

In any event, WGT needs some type of Due Process, a vehicle which would allow for members to contest/dispute various actions WGT has carried out against said members. It is insufficient to sanction any member without disclosing to that member the offense that was allegedly committed and, to do so, without providing that member with the opportunity to be heard

EDIT: I would also make me a Moderator with all the rights, entitlements and privileges that go with said position. I would like to work remotely, from an exotic location, and be paid a large salary, together with a living stipend, WGT Moderation Uniform, car and travel expenses, free balls and a VEM button. Finally, I would like to have the final say on the development and design of all hats and sweaters.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2023 5:43 AM

HamdenPro:
    WGT Moderation Uniform

Would the uniform be moderate or in need of moderation? 

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2023 9:09 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    Would the uniform be moderated or in need of moderation? 

Well, I presume that entirely depends on whose friends list I wish to appear on.

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2023 9:41 AM

SO, the status quo you mean...

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2023 11:31 AM

HamdenPro:

It is insufficient to sanction any member without disclosing to that member the offense that was allegedly committed and, to do so, without providing that member with the opportunity to be heard

Ehhh, the counter would be they already know what they did and why they are moderated- this would just provide another avenue for them to make excuses and seek attention.

Have you seen someone placed on moderation unfairly or without just cause? I have not.

Gotta add- I saw your test posting and I'm not sure who has been recently moderated as I use scotts script to block certain people's posts from showing up, Only see em when someone not blocked quotes them.

HamdenPro:

Well, I presume that entirely depends on whose friends list I wish to appear on.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2023 1:09 PM

HamdenPro:
    In any event, WGT needs some type of Due Process, a vehicle which would allow for members to contest/dispute various actions WGT has carried out against said members. It is insufficient to sanction any member without disclosing to that member the offense that was allegedly committed and, to do so, without providing that member with the opportunity to be heard

They won't because they don't have to.  So Pdb, Yiannis and the poster that commented on "moderate uniform" are what, suspended?  I didn't see the Yiannis and Pdb thread (I assume it's gone) and I hope the one here wasn't the cause of a time out but a quick search has revealed nothing more controversial.

I thought Nico had been suspended too but it turns out he was just on holiday during all of this ;-)

You'd have my vote for it all HP, so no chance.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2023 3:51 PM

PureGro1:

Ehhh, the counter would be they already know what they did and why they are moderated- this would just provide another avenue for them to make excuses and seek attention.

Have you seen someone placed on moderation unfairly or without just cause? I have not.

Nullum crimen, nulla poena sine previa lege....

Nullum crimen nulla poena sine lege certa....

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2023 2:32 PM

Or as he would post, although with a more sarcastic picture.

Image result for Nullum crimen, nulla poena sine previa lege....

Nullum crimen nulla poena sine lege certa.

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2023 7:46 AM

Posted in error.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2023 11:07 AM

HamdenPro:

Ok, that's a foul...

Can't help what he steps in if following me around is the intent.

RSS