If I were King for a day I would.....
-Get rid of coin games and apparel that somehow makes your golf game better. Maybe Tiger Woods was is so good because he wears some of these items! Not likely to happen for 2 words - "Younger Generation". As we are seeing with MLB, many of the "younger generation" just want something that they can participate in for a short while then move on to the next thing before their attention level bottoms out (all while looking "snazzy" while doing it). Getting rid of coin games and apparel would turn these people off and be a revenue hit for WGT. I would agree with you 100% on the "boosts", utterly ridiculous to me.
-Limit clothing to something that is presentable as opposed to some of the ensembles I see now. This I would personally agree with, but hey, to each their own I guess?
-Get the distances corrected on some of the courses/hole, especially the Olympic Club.
-Screen names! Some of this are perverted and political. To be honest, once the opening screen showing who I'll be playing against is over, I really never consider anyone's screen name again. I suppose if it was something totally inappropriate I might take more notice, but I have yet to come across anything that offensive. They only way I'm going to remember a screen name is if we have a pleasant round/chat I may make a mental note of them on the final hole to send a friend request to later.
-Adapt a handicap system where every round you play affects your average. Not really possible without your #1 wish happening. I would like coin games to count for HDCP/AVG, but not really fair if using apparel boosts. Practice rounds you can hit mulligans so those are out. So what's left? Pretty much leaves ranked/tournament rounds, as it already is set up.
-Get rid of tiers Why? (see below)
-Make all equipment available for purchase to all handicaps. I suppose if going with the getting rid of tiers scenario mentioned, this might be possible, but part of the allure of playing a "game" is learning and advancing the more time you put in, so this one is hard pass for me. Also, at that point it just becomes an exercise of who can afford the best gear/balls instead of a "skill" challenge. There are many great players who pay very little real money, but have put in the time to learn/map "lesser" clubs and be extremely competitive.
-Cut back on wind speeds. I am sure that not every tournament on the PGA is played in high winds. 100%! Every few holes, or stretch of holes is fine, but who in real life is playing in consistent 28-30mph winds?
-Put an end to duplicate profiles and those who play down.
-Add timers to EVERY tournament, even if playing single. No more going through various spreadsheets and shooting in the 50s. Is your argument against using spreadsheets in general or against slow play? I can get most of my calculations from a single spreadsheet that includes yardage/wind/putt distance/putt break. I'm working on incorporating my 64* punch into this same sheet. I can calculate my shot and execute in under 30 seconds.
-Hire a staff that is responsive to player inquiries. You don't have to agree, but at least respond. I'm not butt-kissing, but WGT staff has always been more than reasonable about getting back to my requests. Ask in a civil manner and be somewhat patient and you can usually get positive results, at least in my limited experience.
I am sure I have missed a few items but in short, I would make it more like REAL GOLF!
Now mine -
1) Give reasonable drops for lateral hazards. If you hit a drive that goes +/-300 yds, hits a cart path and ricochets into lateral hazard, you shouldn't have to re-hit 3 from the tee, you should be hitting 3 from somewhere near where you crossed the hazard (or at least a drop zone). Or dropping on the other side of the hazard in brush/deep rough/or behind a tree.
2) Add the exact end time of entry deadlines for tournaments to the app. I shouldn't have to open the app, see a tournament I'm interested in, then go to website, then dig through several more layers to see the exact cut-off time for entering.
3) Make these forums a quick link on the mobile app. I mostly play mobile, and if there is a way to get here from there, I sure don't know it. I read WAY WAY more on the forums than I post, and have picked up so much valuable information, I think more players might stick around if they knew about the forums and would do some research.
4) Clean up the Pro Shop search function. Technically there isn't even a "search" button on either mobile or PC, you just have to kind of know what you are looking for and then hunt/peck until you find it.
5) I can't take credit for this but think it is an excellent idea: Have a ball that is customizable and you pay for the attributes you want. It would be one of the "MAX" balls, or possibly a new one-off category. That way you don't pay for extra spin or distance if you don't want/need it. There's too much compromise right now to me. I guess I'm kind of like Goldilocks - this one spins too much, this one has too fast of a meter, and that one looks good but durability stinks. You base the price the price on the attributes you pick. Meter speed is most costly, followed by durability, but you can save some credits if you take a lot less spin and a tad less distance.
Again, just my thoughts in an open discussion, not trying to offend by disagreeing with most of your takes. This is after-all about if you were in charge.