Forums

Help › Forums

How hard can it be wgt unethical

Tue, May 16 2023 6:03 AM (60 replies)
  • Wendallson
    42 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2023 4:51 PM

My questions are & my questions remain...Why do you only give detailed close up reverse camera views close to the green in some instances of chip, pitch & flop shots, (be they from the fairway, bunker or rough) & not give close up reverse camera view options in all instances that are close to the green from the same distances & just give, the one option restricted reverse camera overview of the green from far above the green, instead?

Which gives no detail of the green at all & allows for no shot accuracy or finesse at all, it`s hit & hope, which just completely takes away from the game enjoyment & from giving a realistic experience of the game of golf itself, as you can walk the green & look from different views to assess & choose your shot options...which your limited reverse camera far above green overview, does not give.

it`s clear that you have developed the technology to do so....as you have the close up reverse camera view of the green in some instance of game play close to the Green & in all instances of the WGT Live Series, whether the player be close to the green or from the Tee...So Why is it that you at WGT limit the use of close to the green reverse camera view in general game play & not let it be available in all instances of general game play when you clearly have the technology for doing so?

2nd question, are you going to reintroduce (in this version of the game) to have the option to view instant replays of golf shots, like you had with the flash player version of the game...will it be introduced & if so when? Is it in development? If not, why not?

3rd question, in the 4 to 5 yrs I have been playing WGT Golf Tour, with all my interactions with WGT customer care & member services, not once have I ever had a detailed human response or a specific response to my above questions or of any questions that I have asked you at WGT, other then your run of the mill, vague & generic computer generated replies, such as"thanks for your feedback"question" "clearing the browser cache"( which does bugger all & has never once in doing so, given me the close up reverse camera view in all instances of chip, pitch, flop shots onto the green & at the pin placement when the only option given is the far away reverse overview of the green) or "the intention is to give as realistic a golf experience as possible, that only real golfers would understand"or we will pass it onto our technicians" (with no response from you ever, of there answers to my questions.).

I have posted the above questions in WGT forums & on Discord & on youtube, As I am sick of asking these above questions to you at WGT & never getting a detailed or human informed response or resolution to any of my questions in the whole time that I have been a WGT Customer & member...the way you at WGT do your business & interact with your customers & members, is outrageously unethical & insulting.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2023 5:10 PM

One reason for a non-answer is it's simply not on their radar. IMHO, replays are not important as it doesn't affect play. Something to implement when nothing else needs attention.

WGT camera angles are lacking for sure. When on the green it would ben nice to have a consistent first-person perspective of the putting line with parallel grid lines... forward and reverse. Seems about half of my putts are from a skewed camera where my line is crossing diamonds, not squares. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2023 9:23 PM

Wendallson:

My questions are & my questions remain...Why do you only give detailed close up reverse camera views close to the green in some instances of chip, pitch & flop shots, (be they from the fairway, bunker or rough) & not give close up reverse camera view options in all instances that are close to the green from the same distances & just give, the one option restricted reverse camera overview of the green from far above the green, instead?.

If you switch to your putter and cycle through camera angles twice, it will give you the close up view from the pin every time no matter how far away you are. The only exception is if you are on the tee box.

If you are more than 50 yards away, the putting grid won't be shown, but if you switch to pitch you will get a good look at the green.

Hope that helps

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2023 7:16 AM

BPeterson8256:

If you switch to your putter and cycle through camera angles twice, it will give you the close up view from the pin every time no matter how far away you are. The only exception is if you are on the tee box.

If you are more than 50 yards away, the putting grid won't be shown, but if you switch to pitch you will get a good look at the green.

Hope that helps

You don't even have to cycle through all camera angles.  In most cases just cycle front to back and front to back, to get rear view.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2023 9:48 AM

BPeterson8256:

Hope that helps

Does not work on par 3s though. (the putter view i mean)

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2023 11:34 AM

Yiannis1970:

BPeterson8256:

Hope that helps

Does not work on par 3s though. (the putter view i mean)

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2023 1:55 PM

At this point, we take everything they give us Ross...all the good stuff as you use to say:

ball effects, new clothes, different texts, different colors, changed UI, coin offers etc.

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2023 7:11 PM

Duphpherer:

One reason for a non-answer is it's simply not on their radar. IMHO, replays are not important as it doesn't affect play. Something to implement when nothing else needs attention.

WGT camera angles are lacking for sure. When on the green it would ben nice to have a consistent first-person perspective of the putting line with parallel grid lines... forward and reverse. Seems about half of my putts are from a skewed camera where my line is crossing diamonds, not squares. 

I agree with Wendallson's original post in this thread.  He/She makes valid points.

As for the reason replays are not allowed, I have a theory.  If we customers were able to prove that this game had an anomaly or game error for any particular shot, then WGT would be accountable.  I don't think WGT wants to be accountable.  

I wish I were not so addicted to this game.  

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2023 9:26 PM

Yiannis1970:

At this point, we take everything they give us Ross...all the good stuff as you use to say:

ball effects, new clothes, different texts, different colors, changed UI, coin offers etc.

Oh yes, I feel as though the new cow bucket hats really boosted the morale of the players and certainly improved the experience of this great game 🙄

RSS