Forums

Help › Forums

Showdowns?

Tue, Feb 27 2024 4:57 PM (91 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2024 1:14 AM

MMOC0528:

Can anyone explain why the list of players that made the cut in the 1st rd of a Showdown, is completely different from the list of players that actually show on the leaderboard for the 2nd rd of the same Showdown?  I guess it doesn't affect me at all, and I place well in these events, but I can't figure out the structure of these tourneys at all.

Each round is a random draw for groups.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2024 1:54 AM

MMOC0528:

Can anyone explain why the list of players that made the cut in the 1st rd of a Showdown, is completely different from the list of players that actually show on the leaderboard for the 2nd rd of the same Showdown?  I guess it doesn't affect me at all, and I place well in these events, but I can't figure out the structure of these tourneys at all.

In round 1 you play against people who signed up at around the same time you did. When each round is finished, everyone who progresses is redistributed to new groups. Whether this is done random or with some seeding system based on people's scores in the previous round, I don't know. But you'll rarely find yourself competing against the same player in different rounds. 

• MMOC0528
    12 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2024 3:30 AM

Ok, so after the 2nd rd is it set up the same way all the time?  So it only matters that you made the cut from your group?  In the 3rd rd, does the leaderboard show all the players left in the tourney, or is there still another group or two out there playing that you never know about?  Seems strange that there wouldn't just be one leaderboard with ALL the players on it, so you can get an idea of how the competition is and where you stand among everybody.

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2024 9:06 AM

AnaNikolaj:

MMOC0528:

In round 1 you play against people who signed up at around the same time you did. Each round is finished, everyone who progresses is redistributed to new groups. Whether this is done random or with some seeding system based on people's scores in the previous round, I don't know. But you'll rarely find yourself competing against the same player in different rounds. 

True, except for this morning I got the same guy in my showdown which I did not want LOL a level 149 average (45) and has won every showdown Royale tournament so basically none of us have a chance lmao 

• Squatch031
    174 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2024 10:33 AM

Came in to post the exact same issue!  I compared names in elimination round to those in the final round and they were all different.  So, I assume they are running numerous rounds.  So regardless of where one finishes, it is not a "true" standing since it is only for your round/group.

On another note, I was playing Royal St. Georges in the first round of the final and after birdieing the first hole, I got the infamous "lock up".  Not wanting to exit and forfeit, I waited for an hour for the issue to get resolved but it never did.  Ended up rebooting my system and somehow got out unscathed.  I lost my birdie and basically had to start over from the first round.  Coincidentally, I ended up playing Royal St. George again in the third round of the finals.  However, this time I has 25-30 mph winds as opposed to 10-12 mph the first time. Just goes to show you that conditions are a random draw and not equal for all players.

I am starting to believe WGT couldn't poor water out of a boot if the instructions were on the heal.  

• MMOC0528
    12 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2024 12:40 PM

I've won a couple showdowns at the rookie level, but did I win out of everyone that played, or just out of one of several groups that made it to one of several final rounds that I never saw or knew about?

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2024 1:12 PM

Squatch031:
    So, I assume they are running numerous rounds.  So regardless of where one finishes, it is not a "true" standing since it is only for your round/group.

In case of the Royale, a group of 20 fills in a few minutes in peak hours, so I assume there are over 100 different groups playing in the 1st round. Which means, you'll have the same number of final groups in the end. Other 2 showdowns with 100 player groups will likely have less groups in round one and only 25% of the original number of groups in the final. But still, it'd not be a low number 😉

Squatch031:
    Coincidentally, I ended up playing Royal St. George again in the third round of the finals.  However, this time I has 25-30 mph winds as opposed to 10-12 mph the first time. Just goes to show you that conditions are a random draw and not equal for all players.

We established that a long time ago. Mind you, at least you got to play the same pins as everyone else, cause RSG only has 1 set. The pins are also random, so there's quite a difference, if you get, let's say WC #13 long pin in low wind and 8 greens, or short left pin in heavy wind and 13 greens 🤦

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Feb 8 2024 4:10 AM

MMOC0528:

I've won a couple showdowns at the rookie level, but did I win out of everyone that played, or just out of one of several groups that made it to one of several final rounds that I never saw or knew about?

Yup, the results are for your group only. 

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Thu, Feb 8 2024 11:17 AM

MMOC0528:

Yes you just won for that group which is still ridiculously hard to do considering some of the players should probably not be in the rookie division. There is thousands of people that play this game so yes there is going to be multiple groups. 

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Thu, Feb 8 2024 11:32 AM

MMOC0528:

Me and you both placed first in the apres' ski showdown, I finished out at -16 in my group. 

RSS