Free credit ads suddenly very buggy

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 9 2023 11:53 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2023 4:03 PM

@ Gooner,

I'm getting the same exact thing.  One thing I found I can do is click on the in-brain survey tab, then close it once it opens, then I get a few more videos.  I'm also not getting the videos at the end of rounds, but I am still getting credit for the XP points without actually watching the video, so that's a good thing.

My biggest gripe is that I can't open the TapJoy offer wall anymore.  I click on it and it does absolutely nothing.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled and it didn't help.  I don't want to reset Ad ID because I'm currently in the middle of an offer and will probably lose all progress.

• club578
    561 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 9:33 AM

same here takes twice as long to get 150 creds just wgts ploy to get you to buy credits

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 10:20 AM

callaghan159:

Free credits working fine for me.

+1

I've noticed that free credits are also very dependent on the region or location you're at, not only the type or brand of device you use.

Those having the issue, check if you're connected from a European IP (or VPN going through a European IP if you're in North America or elsewhere). Once it's determined to be a "common denominator" of the problem, then we could narrow it down more specifically to a country, province or even county.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 10:52 AM

Seems to be fixed today.  Unfortunately I ran them late I believe, so what I actually got was tomorrow's videos.  But I just ran all 75 on a computer using both nox and bluestacks emulators hard wired and on a Samsung tablet, an Amazon tablet, and on my nokia phone. 

Both tablets running off of my Wifi.  The phone running also running on my Wifi.

All running videos running at the same time.  My date and time is 3/9/23 and at 1:40 PM Eastern time.

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 11:22 AM

BlackBogey:

@ Gooner,

I'm getting the same exact thing.  One thing I found I can do is click on the in-brain survey tab, then close it once it opens, then I get a few more videos.  I'm also not getting the videos at the end of rounds, but I am still getting credit for the XP points without actually watching the video, so that's a good thing.

My biggest gripe is that I can't open the TapJoy offer wall anymore.  I click on it and it does absolutely nothing.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled and it didn't help.  I don't want to reset Ad ID because I'm currently in the middle of an offer and will probably lose all progress.

**Edit**  As of this morning I can access TapJoy again, and videos seem to working more like normal.  Not sure if there was an update pushed overnight, or WGT did something on the backend to my account in response to my Customer Service email I sent yesterday, but for now all is back to normal for me at least.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 11:35 AM

Usually resetting Ad ID or delete Ad ID helps if the videos won't play.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 12:12 PM

Duphpherer:

Yes you are correct. 

But the videos have a cut off time for daily.  In my case it is 1pm, Eastern.  Just as WGT does for the consecutive day bonus or when you have played.  I usually do the videos in the morning, but was late in doing today.  That means I will have to wait a day before I can get the 150 credits again, in the morning.

Not sure who you might of been responding to if anyone, but I normally don't have problems with the videos.  But lately I have, and I even posted to Nico concerning.  He responded that they have contacted the video supplier about the problem.  That was 3 or 4 days ago.  His response came to me at about the same time he posted on Discord concerning the same issue.   But today when I tried them, they were again working correctly.  

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 5:12 PM

Haven’t been able to run videos on iPad since last week. Have been able to run videos on Android using a brute force approach, ignoring the no videos notification, closing it, and hitting yes until the videos start up again. Today, though, everything returned to normal. iPad videos ran with only two interruptions and Android ran with no interruptions.

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2023 11:53 PM

Duphpherer:

Yes, this may work for the videos, but it will also wipe out any of the TapJoy offers you may have ongoing (the ones where you get credits for downloading a game and completing certain levels), at least it did all of mine last time I had to reset Ad ID.  

• PAGES
RSS