Forums

Help › Forums

How do I stop invites when I’m playing ALT?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 22 2023 2:48 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaskanDame
    19,041 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2023 12:24 PM

I have to put my settings to “online visible” so the person setting up ALT can invite me.  I used to be able to un-check a box on his invite so that I would no longer be visible.  That box is now gone.  I think it “left” because WGT got the green/red situation fixed finally so that I would show red if playing and not be invite-able.  

That’s not working.

I got four invites during today’s ALT game, and I see no way to stop them (very distracting) or to respond that I’m already in a game (probably seeming to be unsociable).

Advice?  Thanks.

AKD

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2023 1:18 PM

When your in a stroke play game on left hand side of screen if I click  on course icon you get a box open, scorecard hole info etc if you go in setting you can change your online status, maybe be you can do the same in ALT play, hope it helps/

• AlaskanDame
    19,041 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2023 7:29 PM

If I choose the left side invitations option in order to decline (so they don’t hafta wait 2 minutes), I will stay safely in my ALT match?

I can’t really change in “Settings” mid game, can I?  (As other advice was). Surely,  that will boot me.

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2023 9:26 PM

I do it in stroke play and it’s never booted me, can’t see why it would in ALT play.

• BPeterson8256
    2,909 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2023 9:47 PM

AlaskanDame:

I can’t really change in “Settings” mid game, can I?  (As other advice was). Surely,  that will boot me.

I have never had a problem changing settings mid game. I know some say not to, but it has never booted me for doing it.

• ScottHope
    10,141 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2023 1:08 AM

AKD, as you are unsure about changing the game settings when in a multiplayer game, why not arrange a friendly game with someone, letting them know beforehand that the game is just for testing purposes to try stuff out. You can drop the match once you're done.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2023 6:12 AM

AlaskanDame:

If I choose the left side invitations option in order to decline (so they don’t hafta wait 2 minutes), I will stay safely in my ALT match?

Yes

AFAIK- having a certain number of invites w/o interacting with them to decline can cause a game ended glitch. I would think the safe option is to open and decline them.

AlaskanDame:

Yes- you can

It will or did before screw up the chat but the game plays on just fine.

I try to wait for invite to come and then go OFFLINE- then accept the invite.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2023 11:39 AM

sounds like Henry Kawa has run amok...sayin'

• PAGES
RSS