Forums

Help › Forums

Coin room etiquette

Fri, Feb 17 2023 1:18 PM (8 replies)
  • tnivka
    130 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2023 8:25 PM

...because I really don't know.

If you're getting slapped around, is it more polite to 1) quit. Because it saves the winner strokes on his ball and saves time on his sponsorship? 2) lose graciously as a gesture of respect?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,527 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2023 10:08 PM

When a defeat seems inevitable with my opponent having a huge, insurmontable lead on me, I say GG and kindly ask him to allow me to finish the match since getting an apparel box is the one and only reason why I play coin rooms. And I also play as fast as I can 'cause my shots won't matter from that point on.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2023 12:06 AM

Good point, Simon!

tnivka:
    is it more polite to 1) quit.
    /methinks that quitting = dropping out is never polite - it will harm the winner by consuming his time and cheating him of the benefits.

OTOH, the winner may take pride in getting his win acknowledged in the final panels.

I'd say, play on unless you can't bear it. Then, offer to concede and do so by the game menu.

• GreenLaser
    181 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2023 2:31 AM

People quitting doesn't bother me most of the time.  Sometimes it deprives me of one of the daily Goals, but I'll get the Goal soon enough.  It irks me when I have about a 2 foot putt for an eagle, and someone can't wait 5 seconds for me to putt.  It bothers me less if someone quits early on a hole than if they quit later.

• RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2023 4:44 AM

PLEASE DON'T QUIT!!! Would you quit, on a real golf course? Play all rounds to the finish, we are humans not everyone is perfect, and we all have had bad rounds. Suck it up butter cup, and loose or win with pride, that you finished the round.I take pride of never quitting on my own, only by the crashing internet has ended my rounds. Have fun.

• GreenLaser
    181 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2023 5:01 AM

I mainly play 1 hole coin games for XP.  Yeah, the more holes in the match, the more it would bother me if someone quit.

• craigswan
    31,067 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2023 5:07 AM

The young and the gamers are on a different planet to the real golfers .

Everything must be instant .

• dragonmouse
    26 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2023 1:18 PM

Everyone has bad games, having said that I try to finish the round most times as it's a matter of principle.. Having said that if I am getting spanked from a bad round, down 7 or more shots at the 8th hole of a nine round for example, I simply offer my opponent that I will withdraw if they wish me to so they can move on to another round.

I have never had one yet tell me to go away.  The coins don't matter and other things do for some folks.  For me I just wish to be polite.  I usually on the flip side thank those who don't quit and offer encouragement that then next game will be better.  Just the way I see it, YMMV.

RSS