Help › Forums

WGT Nico Q&A - 1/27

Mon, May 8 2023 12:31 PM (236 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,200 Posts
    Sun, Apr 23 2023 8:52 AM

pdb1:

Imahacker58:
    (well just a couple of regulars) on the WGT discord channel were on about having tour legend only ready goes and after a while nico agreed to do it,

Vocal minorities have been a constant here forever . Always a pitch , or a btch for some tier or format or event .

Rarely are they catered to . These vocal minorities are as fickle as they come . Flipping switches at a blink of an eye . I'm sure making decisions in management very difficult .

Trends and popularities and statistics change like the wind .

Pleasing any of the people any of the time is an impossible task .

Made even more so by managements lack of attention , response , promotion , interest , follow up ......................

And so it goes .

I have to disagree, Paul. Take what Leslie posted about that racist idiot she encountered. This guy deserves to be banned... end of.  By banning him, and those like him, many decent people would be pleased.

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Apr 23 2023 9:41 AM

ct690911:

pdb1:

Imahacker58:
    (well just a couple of regulars) on the WGT discord channel were on about having tour legend only ready goes and after a while nico agreed to do it,

Vocal minorities have been a constant here forever . Always a pitch , or a btch for some tier or format or event .

Rarely are they catered to . These vocal minorities are as fickle as they come . Flipping switches at a blink of an eye . I'm sure making decisions in management very difficult .

Trends and popularities and statistics change like the wind .

Pleasing any of the people any of the time is an impossible task .

Made even more so by managements lack of attention , response , promotion , interest , follow up ......................

And so it goes .

I have to disagree, Paul. Take what Leslie posted about that racist idiot she encountered. This guy deserves to be banned... end of.  By banning him, and those like him, many decent people would be pleased.

Thanks Ct , I am still upset , it’s all a bit raw and close to home ! 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Apr 23 2023 11:38 AM

Imahacker58:
    I have to disclose that I frequently play 10, 25 and 50 credit rg’s but have very little interest to enter higher fee tournaments. Call me cheap, I prefer realistic, lol.

:-) I'm the same.

Imahacker58:
    A lot of players (well just a couple of regulars) on the WGT discord channel were on about having tour legend only ready goes and after a while nico agreed to do it, but only 100 and 200 credit rg’s, and the 200 at SA has high winds and championship greens so after 2 weeks open still only 37 have signed up, whilst the 100 at Congo I think is on its second go round and three quarter full. So instead of 2 x 10cr rg’s going at about 10 per day each catering for 500 players approximately per day we have the 2 TL which in two weeks have attracted about 125 participants so far. I’m not doing the math on that but I think it means a significant drop in ball hits to cater to a vocal minority.

I saw the Discord stuff too but what's 500 players a day compared to three of your friends.  Actually one of the rg's that was missing was the SOTW one, the previous round it said it was set of the week but wasn't.  The round before that it was 100c/18 holes with the hickory clubs and I played it, it filled once a day.  A bit like uel we'd no doubt hear how SOTW isn't popular enough, so we get these instead.  I'm sure we'd also hear it wasn't just set up as it was asked for by those guys on Discord, there will no doubt have been lots of DM's.

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Sun, Apr 23 2023 2:17 PM

I tried telling nico it would be far more popular at 25 or 50 credits but he wouldn’t agree, and yes I played the “sotw” and realised it wasn’t sotw, think nico has too much on his plate (searching for cat gifs to put on discord takes time,lol).

DodgyPutter:

Imahacker58:
    I have to disclose that I frequently play 10, 25 and 50 credit rg’s but have very little interest to enter higher fee tournaments. Call me cheap, I prefer realistic, lol.

:-) I'm the same.

Imahacker58:
    A lot of players (well just a couple of regulars) on the WGT discord channel were on about having tour legend only ready goes and after a while nico agreed to do it, but only 100 and 200 credit rg’s, and the 200 at SA has high winds and championship greens so after 2 weeks open still only 37 have signed up, whilst the 100 at Congo I think is on its second go round and three quarter full. So instead of 2 x 10cr rg’s going at about 10 per day each catering for 500 players approximately per day we have the 2 TL which in two weeks have attracted about 125 participants so far. I’m not doing the math on that but I think it means a significant drop in ball hits to cater to a vocal minority.

I saw the Discord stuff too but what's 500 players a day compared to three of your friends.  Actually one of the rg's that was missing was the SOTW one, the previous round it said it was set of the week but wasn't.  The round before that it was 100c/18 holes with the hickory clubs and I played it, it filled once a day.  A bit like uel we'd no doubt hear how SOTW isn't popular enough, so we get these instead.  I'm sure we'd also hear it wasn't just set up as it was asked for by those guys on Discord, there will no doubt have been lots of DM's.

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2023 2:59 AM

Paul , WGT reacted really fast , and have banned him , just hope it was t only a temporary ban. 

• craigswan
    31,006 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2023 5:05 AM

In small country clubs even mine they struggle to get 16 entries for a brackets game .

Sometimes it takes weeks for the waif's and stray's to enter holding everyone up .

Why not let 8 people enter twice getting two shots at the game and moving the enjoyment along for those interested .

So what if craigswan plays craigswan in the final .

I might win .

Best Golf Shot

• okiechuck
    6,486 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2023 4:02 PM

Nico, thanks for taking the time to review these requests. The problem I have most is reaching Club Members with private messages. Most players seldom go the the Web site. They just go directly to the App page to play a game. We need some way to alert members that they have a private message and to check the Website. We have a Club Forum button but most do not know what it is for even after explaining it. Please take a deep look in to this and see if there is a solution.

Cheers

RSS