Forums

Help › Forums

Abolish unlimited round tournaments

Thu, Dec 24 2009 5:53 AM (32 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:28 PM

Umm, it's one 9 hole weekly tournament that pays out as much to the winner as finishing 4th in any of the six daily Ready-Go tournaments.

I'm not seeing a big deal here about the format.  Any ranked round you play can be like an unlimited tournament round f you choose to only keep the scores you like.  Changing the format of this tournament would accomplish absolutely nothing, so leave it as it is.  It's one type of tournament among many going on, so if the format doesn't meet to your liking, play a different one :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:29 PM

Whew!!! BLM! You beat AvL by A MILE. Would you repeat that please? Just kidding...of course. My-O-My. It makes me think you are one of the hundreds who cobbled together the current Health Bill that, likewise, nobody wanted to read.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:17 PM

I don't think you should do anything to the weekly unlimited 9 and 18 hole tourneys. If these people whine because they cant win the damn thing then maybe they need to be able to play it multiple times to improve their game. There are much more important issues in my opinion for WGT to focus their attention on than BS like this.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:25 PM

Just an idea

That makes the most since to me and like he said,its just an idea. No need for the animosity.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:06 PM

Sorry if i came across the wrong way. I just don't see the point in changing the tourneys. There is a weekly single play 9 and 18 hole and a weekly unlimited play 9 and 18 hole. I don't see what's wrong with the current set-up. Maybe i am missing something.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 9:01 PM

How about this?  Keep the unlimited tournies.... but..... make it so the latest round counts as the posted score, and if you ditch the round because it's bad, you get a DNF.  That way there is something to lose if you re-enter the event and have already posted a pretty good score...

Just an idea

How about 1st round counts, and any others are just for fun.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 9:33 PM

Don't like them, don't play them. To each his own I suppose, I use them for warm up games, works well.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 10:07 PM

Tibbets,

Not really a big deal...Just offering an alternate suggestion to the thread topic, open for discussion of course.    The best ideas usually comes out of brainstorming.  Personally I don't prefer one way or the other except that I do not agree that it should be abolished completely.  More options, more fun!

SP,

Obviously people are disenchanted about the unattainable scores posted at the top of these leaderboards.  My thought process here was to make people think about the score that they may already have posted, and take a gamble on whether they can beat it or not.  If they do, great they improve their standing, if not they would suffer a drop on the leaderboard.  It would remove the aspect of "oh I didn't birdie the first 4 holes... let me restart this"

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 11:42 PM

Leave them as they are i say ... due to technical difficulties ( i.e. THE BEAST ) it is the best way for players of all levels to acheive  what they capable of shooting ...

I can cite numerous occasions when meter glitches and shot deviations have trashed really REALLY good rounds for me and i know it happens to many more people ...

As has been stated before, it is one format among many here on WGT and one can pick and choose the tourney/format that is to one's liking ...

• rainman692
    54 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 1:17 AM

I think the reason why unlimited tourneys should be abolished is that there is nothing like that in reality. The spirit of the game is that every shot counts

One of the difficulties of golf is the pressure you have knowing that you have to get the shot right on the first try. Sure there are meter freezes and jerks, but how many times in real golf you get a bad bounce or your ball ends up in a divot in the middle of the fairway ??? That's part of the game and golfers, especially the good ones, know it wery well.

Clare is right, neither I like them and I too use them as warm up.

Lee's idea is good, and I would like to add mine: a 4 round 72 hole tourney with a cut after 36 holes.

It's just an idea, please don't jump on me !!

RSS