Forums

Help › Forums

Abolish unlimited round tournaments

Thu, Dec 24 2009 5:53 AM (32 replies)
  • columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:45 PM

There is no such thing in real golf. You enter, you play, you score. Once. Period.

You would limit the fake rankings. Players would have to post or withdraw, no quitting and trying again.

Scores are becoming ridiculous. This should be a game with some connection with reality.

• rainman692
    54 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:07 AM

I definetely agree, this has nothing to do with golf. There are a lot of tourneys anyway, useless banging your head trying to do better than -8, for God's sake...!!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:15 AM

They should replace the unlimited stroke play tournaments with multiple round tournaments.

They should not just get rid of them with no replacement.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:22 AM

I also think the scores have become unreal in the unlimited tournaments. Maybe they should change them for soemthing like letting you play three or four times and you get your best score.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:37 AM

The unlimited play events are just another aspect of our community and reflect what is possible. They offer no harm. They allow one to strive toward the best they are capable of in a given week. If one is bothered because they can never cut the mustard in one of these events it's because they continue to cut the cheese.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 11:08 AM

How about this?  Keep the unlimited tournies.... but..... make it so the latest round counts as the posted score, and if you ditch the round because it's bad, you get a DNF.  That way there is something to lose if you re-enter the event and have already posted a pretty good score...

Just an idea

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 11:39 AM

The voice of reason as usual, Lee.

Sean

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:09 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. In the meantime we'll continue to offer better payouts and prizes for single-play tournaments.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:50 PM

What Avater Lee says above is completely without thought or logic. What is to be achieved by such a proposal? What is the point? What is it the troubled want? Please enlighten me. 

• BLM1
    98 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:01 PM

how about instead of the unlimited, you have a 5 limit and that is it! you either finish a round or drop! still counts as 1 round. this way you get 5 tries to get your best round in! just a thought and i guess you would have to rename it from unlimited to best out of 5 or best out of 3 and only get 3 rounds!

just my 2 cents!

RSS