Forums

Help › Forums

Conspiracy Theory

Sun, Oct 30 2022 6:16 PM (123 replies)
  • TheDudemeister69
    1,561 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 1:28 AM

pdb1:

First off . The topic in question for conspiracies is COIN's . Which has nothing to do with stats . A very grey area at that . Or unknown enough to stir up questions .

More disparity and seemingly inequities than any other format . Definitely quite suspicious .

True, and I did say this...

TheDudemeister69:
    There are likely algorithms in the game that try to level the playing field a bit in H2H games...

What I find in the coin rooms, though, is that the players who complain the most vociferously that the game is fixed, and/or calling out "BS", "WTF", etc. in the chat... are often less-skilled players, as evidenced by their stats.

I just don't encounter a lot of low-tier players doing suspiciously well in the coin rooms - not the ones I play in, anyway.  Maybe in the lowest/highest rooms there is more happening behind the scenes, but I don't see it in the middle rooms that I play in.

There's a bit too much harping about the game being fixed, etc., in my opinion.  It comes off as disrespectful to the people that actually play the game decently, as if implying that someone is only winning a game because the game is fixed.  When someone beats you in a coin room game, it is entirely possible that they might actually be better than you.  Often it's no more complicated than that.

Sure, the game seems to give amateurs extra forgiveness, makes the hole seem 8" wide for them at times, and even lets amateurs pull off amazing shots... that all levels the playing field a bit.  But in my experience, a higher-skilled player with better equipment still wins the vast majority of times.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 7:47 AM

TheDudemeister69:
    the players who complain the most vociferously that the game is fixed, and/or calling out "BS", "WTF", etc. in the chat... are often less-skilled players, as evidenced by their stats

TheDudemeister69:
    There's a bit too much harping about the game being fixed, etc., in my opinion.  It comes off as disrespectful to the people that actually play the game decently, as if implying that someone is only winning a game because the game is fixed.  When someone beats you in a coin room game, it is entirely possible that they might actually be better than you.  Often it's no more complicated than that.

• Fist0Blister
    27 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 9:16 AM

God Mode is Real

• Hilltopbuck
    261 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 9:46 AM

“Any given Sunday!”

Amen.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 10:27 AM

If I thought for a minute the game was controlling a pre-determined outcome, I would have deleted it long ago. Sure there are shots I can't explain, but I think that adds to the game, not detracts. Why morph into the narcissist playing the victim to some master plan on bad shots? The coin rooms are full of sore losers, mostly the higher tiers, emphatically blaming the game for all their bad shots.  

Been gaming over 50 years. This is one of the easiest golf games to enjoy without dedicating your life. 

Bottom line... if you ain't having fun, why torture yourself? Try Oculus Golf Plus it's a blast.  

• duerna
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2022 1:58 AM

Can any of you golfing kin explain why I'm being forced to quit games when I never pressed the quit button?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2022 2:31 AM

duerna:
    Can any of you golfing kin explain why I'm being forced to quit games when I never pressed the quit button?

Sorry I can't, but...

You've got a very interesting collection of friends, THAT I can tell you. LOL 

RSS