Forums

Help › Forums

Conspiracy Theory

Sun, Oct 30 2022 6:16 PM (123 replies)
  • POPPYPEUX
    839 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 12:58 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Actually i am on top of the black list!!! Trust me on that...

All depends on who's list you are looking at lol

;)

• TheDudemeister69
    1,561 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 1:43 AM

rawits:
    I see I've drawn quite a bit of attention...will any of you address the question?

I'll take a shot at it.

It would be helpful if you mentioned the platform that you're playing on (different devices have different issues).  Since you joined WGT in 2010, it's probably safe to assume you're on PC.

rawits:
    Having spent thousands of dollars, and hundreds of hours mapping clubs and balls for distance and windage...and constantly losing to rank amateurs in coin rooms...

There are likely algorithms in the game that try to level the playing field a bit in H2H games, but I think there's a bit more going on here.

With all due respect, maybe you're just not very good at this game. I'm not trying to be insulting, but I've mapped my clubs and spent far less than "hundreds of hours" doing so, and looking at our stats I have better #'s than you do.

Don't get me wrong:  you're a solid player that gets good scores, and could give me a run for my money, but compare your stats to mine... in every single meaningful stat, my stats are slightly better than yours, and I feel that I still have a lot of room for improvement.  Don't forget to take into account that you have been playing this game for 12 years and have over 6,400 ranked rounds.  Contrast that to me, 2.5 years and less than 1,100 ranked rounds.  I have only 1/5th the experience with this game that you have.

I am certainly not here to brag - I am far from the best player around.  And I'm not here to belittle you.  But not everyone can be fantastically good at this (or any other) game.  Maybe (like most players, including me) you're just not suited to reach the upper echelons of performance at this game, and you just need to be content enjoying the game at your skill level.  I have better stats, and I don't expect to win every time.

I don't win every coin game.  I don't pull off every shot perfectly.  I don't expect that I'll ever compete with the top players in this game.  Despite all that, I enjoy the game within my own skill level.  And when I lose or have a shot play out poorly, 99% of the time I know that I did something wrong - I don't blame the game.

Watch the top players of the game... they don't execute every shot perfectly (but they nearly always recover from a bad shot).  Dinging is overrated, if you ask me.  It was easy to ding with the old Flash game, even using the rock, but sometimes seems nearly impossible with the "new" game.  The top players get far less than 100% dings and still do incredibly well.  As a much lesser player, I've achieved my performance level getting no more than 30% dings.  I've learned to not even try to ding most of the time.  I intentionally ding on the high side of putts and into the wind with shots.  It works for me.

Perhaps you just need to learn to be content with how well you do with the game and leave it at that.

• rawits
    56 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 10:12 AM

Shoot...you've got little room to open your mouth....a quick look at your scores...you haven't played anything but red tees for 3 months...not a single ranked round on a standard course...everything in blue font...meaning a CC Course....pffft...

• rawits
    56 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 10:23 AM

Refer to the title of the post!...Can you succinctly state that certain players don't receive a larger "ding" target, who knows...2-4 pixels either side of the line...would you even know if you are in the preferred group? Can you honestly (be honest with yourself) that you have the ability to hit a 2 pixel target from varying meter lengths, any more than 20% of the time?

Yet I watched one of your Twitch streams...and you dinged various clubs (with supposedly various meter speeds) 11X in a row...missed one, then 4 more...

Since the world's being run by a cadre of child predators out of a pizza shack in Chicago....why is my theory any different...and why will no one deny it on this forum??

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 10:37 AM

To whom are you talking to?

• rawits
    56 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 11:05 AM

Sorry for being a forum noob the "red tees" referred to the Canadian fellow, the one mentioning a Twitch stream...was for you...

BTW...I'm vented...haha....those who like WGT and the inconsistent outcomes will play no matter what...and I'll still play one or two rounds a day... 

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 11:21 AM

You are not vented, you are a liar. Have never done 11 dings in a row in my life. As for the ding line, i have explained publicly the resolution trick a million times.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 12:15 PM

rawits:

Refer to the title of the post!...Can you succinctly state that certain players don't receive a larger "ding" target, who knows...2-4 pixels either side of the line...would you even know if you are in the preferred group? Can you honestly (be honest with yourself) that you have the ability to hit a 2 pixel target from varying meter lengths, any more than 20% of the time?

Every time I think I've read the most hilarious 'game manipulation theory' in the forum, given enough time someone always steps up and tops it. 

Ding size envy.... Love it! 

• IamNicklaus
    493 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 1:43 PM

Apparently Elvis is alive as well and singing every friday night in his retirement home in Kentucky

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2022 3:44 PM

dedBuNNy:
    Ding size envy.... Love it! 

Maybe he has dink size envy

RSS