Forums

Help › Forums

12/17/09 Product Release

Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:25 AM (91 replies)
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:45 AM

tibbets:

Just as many  if not more of us didn't care at all about reputation tracking either  (just ask the top 50-100 Masters).  Didn't stop it from happening.  I say you got what you wished for, and now it has to be lived with. 

Nivac is right, quitting is quitting.  No more complaints, no more quitting without consequence...it applies evenly to all who choose to start a multi-player game. It's how the stat must be, without discrimination for reason, justification, or excuse.   I'm glad the last man standing doesn't get to quit.  I've finished more rounds that way than most people have even played :)

Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Maybe now we'll start to see some ranked rounds logged.

Happy golfing!

Agreed completely.

As the saying goes, "be careful what you wish for".

I have no problems with the rep tracking as implemented.   Then again, I wasn't the one screaming about a need for it, practically everyday, from the nearest mountain top.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:47 AM

I agree totally with Tibbets except i finished the round - the guy i was playing quit after id putted out and my game went into freeze mode. The score still appears in my ranked rounds but ive now got a drop in rep! Can someone explain how this happens - my rep is bad enough as it is lol

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:01 AM

Two things to say:

1. Whatever happened to the 'Home' button at the top of the page? It seems to have been replaced with a 'Buy credits' button. Hm....

2. Nothing to say about rep tracking. I've been on here long enough to know who to trust and who not to. However, I have one question:

If I play a multi-player game, and for some reason one of us has to quit, then we have to finish the game in single player. But will my rep still go down if I get invited to another game before I finish that game?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:07 AM

Spacklero:

I agree totally with Tibbets except i finished the round - the guy i was playing quit after id putted out and my game went into freeze mode. The score still appears in my ranked rounds but ive now got a drop in rep! Can someone explain how this happens - my rep is bad enough as it is lol

It's probably a bug due to the freezing of the game when the other person dropped.

Of course, it's probably a smart idea on the part of WGT to not implement something like a "rep" system when people dropping from multi player games can cause the game to freeze or the other players to get the informative "unknown error" message.

But, I guess since so many people were clamoring for this to be implemented, WGT did what they thought was right, though technically it probably wasn't the best idea to implement a system like this without making multi player games more stable when one or more players drop.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:08 AM

Richard4168:
    The Sunday red shirt was my idea, and JTxpress came up with the color.

I could be wrong but I think the RED SHIRT idea came from,oh who is that guy,dang it,it's on the tip of my tongue.Oh well I can't think of that guys name right now but I'm sure it will come to me eventually.I think his name is associated with a cat or something.I'll think of it and when I do I'll let you know.

Larry

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:09 AM

EllisSpice:
    1. Whatever happened to the 'Home' button at the top of the page? It seems to have been replaced with a 'Buy credits' button. Hm...

You can just click on the WGT logo and it will do the same thing...

EllisSpice:
    If I play a multi-player game, and for some reason one of us has to quit, then we have to finish the game in single player. But will my rep still go down if I get invited to another game before I finish that game?

Try it and find out.... let us know!

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:11 AM

Also just did another thread about 'Minus money' so I won't talk about it at detail here, but I was wondering:

a. How long have you been able to do this?

b. What happens if you do go into 'debt'?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:17 AM

EllisSpice:

Also just did another thread about 'Minus money' so I won't talk about it at detail here, but I was wondering:

a. How long have you been able to do this?

b. What happens if you do go into 'debt'?

You'll have to work off your debt to WGT.

So, how handy are you with a vacuum cleaner?   How about Flash programming skills?  :)

79 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:20 AM

Spacklero:
    The score still appears in my ranked rounds but ive now got a drop in rep! Can someone explain

So many of us were looking to WGT to stop the quitters, so they did. Now they penalized the quitters, and the non-quitters. Sounds fair to me. I can see entering a 18 hole game, and the guy quits on the 1st hole, and I will continue to play 18 to save my rep. lol. WGT, you again showed us that problems on this site will never be corrected. I know that anyone who could figure out the business plan for this site has an IQ of over 150, so I do question if they are sincere in solving the minor problems this site has. As a very famous person once said (me) "nothing is going to be ok, so why worry about it"

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:24 AM

GITrDONE:
    I could be wrong but I think the RED SHIRT idea came from,oh who is that guy

Hey Larry,

Unless Tiger came and gave WGT the idea for a Sunday red avatar shirt, I would say the idea is mine, as far as WGT implementing it.

Good one though Larry.

RSS