Forums

Help › Forums

12/17/09 Product Release

Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:25 AM (91 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:54 AM

tibbets:
    There's nothing wrong with the system in place as it was implemented.

Everything is wrong with it. This pseudo-reputation tracking is worse than no reputation tracking. Again, if you penalize the victims of quitters in the same way as quitters, it's best to cancel all reputation tracking.

tibbets:
    Get used to it.

Definitely not. If you encounter nonsense, it must be clearly stated it's nonsense. Today's implementation of reputation tracking is hair-raising nonsense.

tibbets:
    In the meantime, sorry you didn't get it exactly the way you wanted it. 

Aw, that's not what it's about. It's not that I didn't "get exactly" what I wanted, but I got the exact opposite of it. I wanted to be able to join random multi-player rounds. But I can't, because the system introduced today penalizes the victims of quitters along with the quitters. It's unreasonable and untenable.

I'm willing to bet yet another sleeve of GI-SD balls that WGT will either cancel or modify the reputation system introduced today, in January's product update at the latest. Any takers?  

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:59 AM

The exact opposite was having no system in place whatsoever.  Now there is a system in place for tracking quitting, just like you asked for....just not exactly the way you asked for it.  If you finish, you won't be penalized, therefore there is no victimization.  Simple!

In the meantime, have fun finishing those rounds, everyone!  Your reputation is on the line now!

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:59 AM

pillsy:

can someone explain to me what a "ready-go" tournament is???

Please read the FAQ guys... it's all in there... if you have specific questions after you've read it, then by all means post it here or in a new thread!

• melabear
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:00 AM

tibbets I am in agreement with you on features but would like to know why they let me upgrade clubs then tell me that my clubs do not match my tier level and can't be used in a tournament.  I am only in pro tier and upgraded to Taylor made set for pro+ which I assumed was for pro tier or higher.  Now I'm out in the cold with the clubs.  If I can't use the damn things then I should never have been allowed to upgrade.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:02 AM

They will not let you play in the amateur tournament with pro equipment.

This is a bug fix that gave players an advantage.

You can use the clubs in any new tournament that you enter because you will then be playing from the pro tees.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:05 AM

melabear:

tibbets I am in agreement with you on features but would like to know why they let me upgrade clubs then tell me that my clubs do not match my tier level and can't be used in a tournament.  I am only in pro tier and upgraded to Taylor made set for pro+ which I assumed was for pro tier or higher.  Now I'm out in the cold with the clubs.  If I can't use the damn things then I should never have been allowed to upgrade.

melabear,

On Dec 7th you were promoted to the Pro tier enabling you to purchase pro equipment, but before that happened you entered the month long December 18 hole unlimited, where you will play from the same tees (amateur tees, slow greens, etc.) for the entire tournament.  So in effect, for that tournament only, you are still an amateur and it would not be fair to other amateurs if you stacked your bag with pro clubs.  This has been an issue for some months now and last nights product update corrected it and made situations like this fair for everyone involved.

*edit... damn you SC ;)

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:09 AM

Look out for the forum ninjas!

• bigbadbert44
    3 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:11 AM

Are we going to have a player like me,that is really left handed.

It would be cool to be able to play the real stroke...

Just a thought.

Regards

BBB44

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:14 AM

pillsy:

can someone explain to me what a "ready-go" tournament is???

Please read the FAQ guys... it's all in there... if you have specific questions after you've read it, then by all means post it here or in a new thread!

thanks, that's all i was looking for!  i tried searching but didn't see anything...

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:15 AM

What a waste of time this conversation is.      I said it once before .. i'll say it again.  

If someone quits and it bothers you ... take a paper and pencil ...  write their name down and don't play them again.   

As Tibbs said .. your reputation is your name not a number.    In the meantime .. it's a game .. make a few friends, have fun and enjoy it.  

Now on to a different point which makes some sense to point out for a possible further revision.

In the ready-go tournaments ... once you enter and play your round you need to wait  either 24 hours or for all 50 players to finish their round before you can play another round on the same course.  This makes sense.   However, it might be nice to know how many players have yet to play their round in that tournament so you can gauge how you are doing.

RSS