Forums

Help › Forums

12/17/09 Product Release

Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:25 AM (91 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:45 AM

Too much worry about the rating thing ... I've found a good old fashioned paper and pencil work best.  If someone disconnects on you .. write the name down and unless you get a note of apology or some other reason that works for you ... Just don't play them any more. 

Other than that ---- Great job on the update WGT .... Plenty to keep us busy until new courses come out.    Keep it up.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:47 AM

More feedback on the update:

WGT product update:
    Pro and master level clubs and balls are not available for gifting

Why, for heaven's sake? This largely defeats the purpose of gifting. Am I gonna gift a Hack club to my Pro/Master friends? That's a silly restriction that primarily defeats WGT's cash flow. Of course, WGT can make a restriction where I can only gift a Pro/Master item to a Pro/Master player, but don't forbid us to gift any Pro/Master items. That's going overboard massively.

As to avatars: why not let us freely combine any colour of shirts with any colour of pants, etc.? These fixed combinations aren't all that attractive. I bet there'll now be many foursomes featuring 4 Tiger lookalikes in their Sunday Reds.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 4:24 AM

You guys are seriously charging for "avatars"?

Am I playing Sim3 or WGT?

I know you guys need to pull in income, but at least do something like Faterson mentioned and perhaps the paying avatars will come with multiple tops and bottoms which can be switched and mixed and matched.   Then, maybe, it would be a worthy purchase.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:28 AM

Faterson:
    We pointed out weeks ago that this feature must be implemented carefully

Who is "we"? Your opinion on this feature is well documented and well known by all that read here. Nivlac's suggestion to give it a while to level out is a good one. Please let's focus on the positives of the update, like the now 6 different versions of BPB  you can play! 

YJ

79 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:38 AM

YankeeJim:
    Who is "we"? Your opinion on this feature is well documented and well known by all that read here. Nivlac's suggestion to give it a while to level out is a good one. Please let's focus on the positives of the update, like the now 6 different versions of BPB  you can play! 

AGREE

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:57 AM

Consult the Search box if your memory no longer serves you, YankeeJim. Quite a few players expressed their worries, over the last few weeks, that something like this might happen: if others ditch you on the course, you should be allowed to quit, because at that moment it's no longer a multi-player game. I'm stunned by this gaffe, that this everyday sad scenario was overlooked.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:34 AM

Please stop being redundant and stay on the positive side. I am interested in the feedback from others on the new stuff. TY

YJ

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:36 AM

apologies if im off topic but the new rep tracking is whacked. Guy disconnects on me, crashes my game and i lose rep! Really not good. Other than that I LOVE the new slower meter ball - just what i wanted. :)

Oh and charging for avatars lol - nothing to say on that!

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:40 AM

Just as many  if not more of us didn't care at all about reputation tracking either  (just ask the top 50-100 Masters).  Didn't stop it from happening.  I say you got what you wished for, and now it has to be lived with. 

Nivac is right, quitting is quitting.  No more complaints, no more quitting without consequence...it applies evenly to all who choose to start a multi-player game. It's how the stat must be, without discrimination for reason, justification, or excuse.   I'm glad the last man standing doesn't get to quit.  I've finished more rounds that way than most people have even played :)

Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Maybe now we'll start to see some ranked rounds logged.

Happy golfing!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:40 AM

marioh:
    You guys are seriously charging for "avatars"?

Thanks WGT, for stealing my avatar color. The Sunday red shirt was my idea, and JTxpress exclusively came up with color. If your wondering, I didn't pay 750 Cr for this Sunday red shirt my avatar is currently wearing.

This may sound absurd to some, but I feel JTxpress and I should be compensated in some small way. I came up with the Sunday red idea weeks ago, then approached JTxpress about making the color.

Like all the problems everyone has at WGT, this one will never be vindicated either. I just want everyone to know, The Sunday red shirt was my idea, and JTxpress came up with the color.

RSS