Forums

Help › Forums

12/17/09 Product Release

Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:25 AM (91 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:06 AM

oneeyed:
    OK now its happened again im the only 1 left in game, he left b4 a shot was fired, now ive gotta finish this game by myself

It's gonna take a little time for reputation to catch up to everybody.  You may have to complete a few games by yourself while everyone settles into their numbers, but the longer the system is in place the less that will happen because folks who keep quitting are going to end up with pathetic reputations and you won't be starting games with them.

That's a growing pain of a new feature.  Give it time to work itself out.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:07 AM

I completely disagree with you, Nivlac. I believe that this false reputation tracking is worse than no reputation tracking. We pointed out weeks ago that this feature must be implemented carefully; unfortunately, this hasn't happened.

nivlac:
    If the player who is left behind simply finishes his or her round then they are not penalized.

"Simply finishes"? You gotta be kidding, Nivlac. Many multi-player rounds collapse after a few holes; now I'm supposed to play a large amount of rounds by myself just to escape a severely flawed reputation tracking whose setup is totally wrong?

Again, the first minimal, and 100% logical fix for this is (it should be easy from the programming point of view): as soon as someone is left alone on the course, consider it to be a single-player round, and no longer include that round in the player's reputation stats, just as no other single-player rounds are included in your reputation.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:08 AM

Faterson:
    Simply finishes"? You gotta be kidding, Nivlac. Many multi-player rounds collapse after a few holes; now I'm supposed to play a large amount of rounds by myself just to escape a severely flawed reputation tracking whose setup is totally wrong?

As I mentioned in the post above, reputation numbers will probably take a short while to settle in.  A growing pain of a new feature.  You won't be starting games with folks with bad reputations in a few days, so you'll soon have a lot fewer disconnections to worry about.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:10 AM

I don't share your optimism about that, but let's wait and see.  

• oneeyed
    14 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:15 AM

I am thinking that the guys quit b4 there game loaded, so does that mean that they are not penalized? Just me who is left alone?

• oneeyed
    14 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:17 AM

By the way like the change in pin placements

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:23 AM

That's another thing that should be clarified. It definitely often happens that folks quit just after you hit the TEE OFF button. If that forced you to finish the round by yourself, that would be travesty.

I'll continue avoiding the random-pickup multi-player rounds, just as I have in the last few months. I just play ladder/league matches. Because now the real danger is here, that not only folks will quit on you, but you'll be publicly labelled as a quitter, too, along with them. Nivlac says this is only temporary, but I'm really not sure. My reputation score will suffer anyway, because we frequently need to play sudden-death holes for the ladders, which will now penalize both players and brand them as quitters.

Overall, today's product update is fantastic and I'm very happy about it, but the implementation of the reputation tracking looks like a disaster to me, which is what some of us feared in a number of forum threads in recent months.

• oneeyed
    14 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:31 AM
    Just finished my damn game that i had to and now it shows me with 66% in My profile. OMG whats going on? ill be 0 b4 the nights out
  • hackerchris
    27 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:32 AM

when o when will they fix the meter until then this game sucks

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:33 AM
    I have to agree with sir faterson on this one sorry nivlac
RSS