*** Downtime Tonight 8/30

Fri, Sep 2 2022 10:58 AM (61 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,529 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 4:57 AM

MioKontic:

maoriand1:

Hope you can fix it asap

Give it 12 months... then it will be forgotten and swept under the carpet.

The following is a response to a comment CT made to me in another thread.  It's a prophecy that will be fulfilled one day...

pmm711:

ct690911:

"Here....they fly on the seat of their pants."

@ Paul

While this ^^^ is seemingly true, it's irrelevant. WGT understands that most players will continue to put up with endless glitches. The moaning about the glitches will continue, but very few players actually quit the game because of them.

Basically saying....they truly don't care about those that feed them.  That's a formula for ultimate disaster.  One day, a poor release could kill the game.

It doesn't take much for apps to go the wayside in today's world...just saying.

• pmm711
    5,529 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 5:34 AM

Robbo81303:
    I've been tossed from 2 multiplayer stroke games. Each time the screen froze & a reboot brought me back to Main Menu rather than a game resumption.

I've been booted from 2 coin room matches so far due to the same reasons you mentioned.  Haven't finished a one.  On #3 now.

EDIT: Finished match #3 after 2 freezes and hard closes and restarts.  Things are unstable to say the least...at least on the PC side.

2nd EDIT:  Anything more than a 1-hole coin match is a crap shoot to get the match finished.

• pmm711
    5,529 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 5:46 AM

Just wondering if the # of players is correct as these are the lowest I've seen in weeks.

A short time later...only 2 players in Casablanca doesn't seem right at all.  Others must be amiss.

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 7:27 AM

MioKontic:

And the list of new bugs begins.  I'll start us off...

What has happened to my Score History???  Half of my games have disappeared!

Half? Then you are lucky....

• bossbird
    2,196 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 7:48 AM

bossbird:

callaghan159:

bossbird:
    Someone else needs to check whether the apparel points are added or not ,

I won a silver apparel box in the "Winners Circle" which had some shirt points and they were not added, so the problem is still there. Need to change the name to "Losers Circle".

So the update has altered the working of apparel boxes when won anywhere ? Before it used to only be in achievements ! That’s not good , at least we can hold back opening up the boxes in achievements , can’t hold back the opening from winners circle or coin rooms. I must check coin room boxes when I next have my sponsorship !

Callaghan , I have played my sponsorship and all my coins won in the boxes were paid out correctly. What I don t know is for the points added to apparel not maxed , because when it says +4 for example is that already added into the figure they quote. The only way to know for sure is to screen shot before playing for every item of apparel that you have , because there is no knowing what items may get pulled out of the hat . Maybe that is what you have done , I know I haven’t because I have so many items of apparel !! 

• pmm711
    5,529 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 7:54 AM

Yiannis1970:

MioKontic:

And the list of new bugs begins.  I'll start us off...

What has happened to my Score History???  Half of my games have disappeared!

Half? Then you are lucky....

Computers were originally invented to churn numbers.  Churning numbers is a basic task that is pretty easy to do…especially with a computer.  Us older COBOL programmers know only bad data would create bad numbers.  In fact, a lot of large banking institutions still churn large amounts of numerical data via the old methods we programmed.  Why?  Because they’re proven to work and because errors are unacceptable.  If anything in the world of WGT should be right it’s the Stats.  I mean you guys can’t even get our 18 and 9 hole best rounds calculated correctly.  

Now I’m also seeing “ranked” for each stat.  I guess that means you’re planning on keeping stats for practice/coin room play too??  If you can’t get the current stats calculated correctly then why add even more of them?  Obviously the integrity of your data has been compromised, or, your devs can’t figure out how to compute simple formulas.  I mean this isn’t rocket science.  It’s basic math.

I’m blown away by the lack of urgency to get even simple math calcs to display correctly.  Thank God you guys aren’t working for AMEX, Citi, etc.  

And if you can’t get the math right here, very simple calculations btw, how do you expect to address any other issue with any level of confidence in the outcome/result?  You guys need to hire some six sigma black belts to prevent an imminent implosion.  You guys are definitely on self destruction mode.

• WGTNico
    622 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 8:19 AM

Hey everyone,

I just posted all the bug fixes that we've done in this past month, many of which won't be fully reflected until the client update. 

we're still looking into the scoring issue, if anyone has any screenshots of specifically what their stats putting specifically) looked like before this downtime, it can go a long way in helping us. 

I'm going to be honest I'm really annoyed that this stats/scoring history issue has popped up.

• WGTNico
    622 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 8:53 AM

Good news. Been told that client update will fix putting stats

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 9:03 AM

Thank you Nico.  ; )

• callaghan159
    6,232 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 9:29 AM

bossbird:
    The only way to know for sure is to screen shot before playing for every item of apparel that you have , because there is no knowing what items may get pulled out of the hat . Maybe that is what you have done , I know I haven’t because I have so many items of apparel !! 

I only have 5 pieces of apparel....1 each for hat, glove and so on. I have all the numbers written down and nothing has changed for over a month now.

RSS