Forums

Help › Forums

Goals & Achievements - Live on all platforms

Fri, Mar 31 2023 9:13 PM (258 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2022 4:17 PM

WGTNico:

A decent number of players only play one game mode, and while that's totally fine there's an even larger number of players that only think coin games for example exists and don't even know about tournaments, CC tournaments, brackets, RGs, etc. even exist. With Goals & Achievements they're more likely to venture into other areas the game offers. It also acts as a pseudo tutorial into the game for newer players which is also something we've noticed can be confusing when starting out.

I'm here to fix WGT. The reason many only know of coin games is a fault by the dev's. Having the bright green "Play Now" button is stupid as hell. Get rid of it and have only "Game Modes". Every player would see every playing option every time they decide to play. I mentioned this before your time here but nothing changed. 

There, all done. Now pay me.😀

P.S. I thought your honeymoon time here has been a little long. Looks like it's over. 😉

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2022 4:22 PM

for what it's worth I also want the main screen to look better and have suggested that could use some updating

CerinoDevoti:
    Having the bright green "Play Now" button is stupid as hell. Get rid of it and have only "Game Modes"

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2022 7:28 PM

WGTChampion:

It can be frustrating when that kind of thing happens because we work really hard and several people will tell us THIS IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE about a hundred different things. 

In my opinion, Goals actually does address some of the biggest issues we see in the game.

Champ,

I don't think there's one person in WGT land who would say you guys aren't working hard.  I for one appreciate the fact that you guys are busting it day in and day out to keep the game going.  But, you have to admit, it appears your updates go awry more often than not and some basic functionality issues of the game just don't get addressed.  I think that where all our frustration lies.   

There's a bunch of us who have worked in IT all our lives and know that ALL companies have a list of prioritized issues and that list also has musts that need to be worked on as well, for example compliance, new course offerings, etc.  These "published" priority lists prevent things such as this from being voiced, "several people will tell us THIS IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE about a hundred different things" as everyone is aware of the priorities and the order in which they're being addressed.  These lists are dynamic and can change based on "user input" as priorities do at times actually get rearranged.

Of course you can't publish your internal issue log/priority list for all of us to see.  I'm sure if you did that you'd be opening up another complete cluster as we'd be seeing things as you at WGT sees them.  Though it would probably solidify public opinion, where it is believed that you're not listening to us, your user community.  We'd be able to see firsthand where something we think is important for the game truly falls on your list of priorities. 

So don't think for one second we don't appreciate all the hard work taking place at WGT/TopGolf HQs.  We do.  It's just hard to be on this side without being able to see the end goal and timeline to get it all done.

Peace...and keep on truck'in in a positive direction!

Paul

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 2:40 AM

WGTChampion:
    I think the difference here is saying "hey I would like this feature" vs blasting the whole game because the feature isn't available. 

Here's what you said on it over a year ago, the usual really.  

07-14-2021 4:18 PM

Even if you don't get an answer it doesn't mean we're not reading these posts. 

I hope we can start making headway on these changes sooner rather than later. 

_CHAMPION 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 5:20 AM

WGTNico:
    I stand by the words I said that evening, and matched the tone in which they gave me (though I admit I should have handled myself better). I also acknowledge how irritating our current invite/availability system is. It's why we're working on the friends UI.

and Kay didn't object either so I suppose it's not really much to do with me.  I just found the tone surprising considering it was from an employee to a customer that's suffered for years with something not working, maybe it's a cultural thing.

WGTNico:
    We didn't make goals & achievements to get more plus/premier memberships, but since we already have people paying for it, it's not unfair to us to want to improve the benefits one can get. You can still get plenty of benefits from goals & achievements by not being a plus/premier member. In fact the good credit payouts come from achievements anyway which play no effect into plus/premier.

Hmmm, not only to get them but I'm sure it was a large part of how to frame the whole system.  You can get a lot less and at lower levels without (premier etc). 

I have two credit payments showing on achievements "Real Star" (completing goals) which currently wants 250 of these for 25c and "Flush with Credits" that will give 10c for winning 100c in tournaments and 50c for 1,000.

Yes the goals will gradually come without special play (for me) but it if you do make any effort it wont take much ball use to cancel out that 25c.   For "The real Star" My main source of credit "wins" is rg's, in truth I spend more than I get back but it's counted as "winning" , for this lets say I finish level.  Every rg I enter wgt get 20% of the entry fee so by the time I "earn" 1,000c (and get the 50c) I will have spent 1,250c.  Ok, It's more than I was getting before.

My main observation with "The real Star" is the obvious one, it easiest for the credit rich to get. If there are others playing more tournaments to get this they will spend, rake and/or ball use, a lot more than they will get from it.  So the "good credit payouts" are these two, one involving a lot of play and the other expensive and out of reach for many (who can't win credits in tournaments).

WGTNico:
    There's also not a large amount of XP gained compared to the previous flash system, and significantly less XP gained when taking into consideration exploits like the waterboy award which many players used.

So this is better?  No "waterboy" but we have "Sunk" (hit ball in water) for XP.  Then we have "Gone but not forgotten" (Lose balls), Beach Day (Hit balls in bunkers), Unlucky mate (make bogies), Double squares (Make double bogies) and "Club Snapper" (others/triple bogie or worse). All of these have been chosen to give XP (not apparel, coins or credits).

Are you seriously saying this takes away potential for exploits, I stopped looking there may even be more further down.  Add to that the "others" will probably happen in maxing out rounds.  A serious question, do you really believe this new system means there are less xp available?  

WGTNico:

side note: there are legitimate concerns about G&A to have issues with

• the bugs it currently has
    • having issues with backfilling achievements
    • giving the popup mid shot ruining the "suspense" of the shot

:-) at the obvious jibe. 

#  Other stuff pushed even further back while we get the latest cash cow running.

The issue with Invite; what has happened is that it's been ignored, probably as it's judged it doesn't lose you much money, while new stuff (that is thought to make money) is brought in.  The new stuff has bugs so which do you fix?  That's happened over and over  and seems to be happening again.  More and more new stuff comes in already broken, and prioritised,  and more and more historic bugs aren't fixed. 

nico — at 11:05

We're literally working on friends UI.  Is that still true?

I'm not saying wgt shouldn't make money but I'm not going to ignore what I think is misleading.  I suppose life would be easier for us both if I did :-(

• Robev101
    6 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 6:55 AM

WGTNico I have a question also for Nico. If the sunk balls, gone but not forgotton, bunkers etc have replaced the waterboy etc. How many levels exist for each and what is the total amount of xp available or do the levels just continue. I assume a maximum will exist.

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 8:06 AM

Yes we are still working on it, there was a chance it was going to go out last update actually but some stuff happened and it got delayed. The team is still working hard on it and we're hoping to get it out in the next couple updates

DodgyPutter:
    We're literally working on friends UI.  Is that still true?

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 8:15 AM

I have a question please , I was just awarded the achievement goal , giving me 11x silver apparel boxes , I watched them open , I should have had thousands of coins because most of my apparel are maxed out , but could t add them all up as it was too quick. I did screen shot before I accepted the boxes , and screen shot afterwards , and despite closing out of app 4 times and coming back in the amounts haven’t been added. How long do we have to wait before flagging it as a problem please .?

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 8:38 AM

Would you send me a message with the screenshots please?

bossbird:

I have a question please , I was just awarded the achievement goal , giving me 11x silver apparel boxes , I watched them open , I should have had thousands of coins because most of my apparel are maxed out , but could t add them all up as it was too quick. I did screen shot before I accepted the boxes , and screen shot afterwards , and despite closing out of app 4 times and coming back in the amounts haven’t been added. How long do we have to wait before flagging it as a problem please .?

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 11:06 AM

I can send the screen shots as an email , but on an iPad I can’t easily send them as a message , I am a non tech nearly old woman !! I will send them to members@worldgolftour.com for your attention

RSS