• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 11:11 AM

Nico , just sent them via email . Thanks Lesley

• papadeaux
    862 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 2:16 PM

WGTNico:

Hey everyone, over the weekend I some of you were questioning (mostly in the discord but this post is still relevant to post in here as well) the why on Goals & Achievements and I wanted to make a statement and better explain that exact answer. Now this is not me trying to change your opinion on how you feel about it, but I do want to give a bit more insight into why G&A was an amazing addition into the game (even with some of the annoying bugs that came with release).

One of it not THE biggest complaint we see about WGT is that the game is too expensive. That's a perfectly understandable complaint, so we wanted to create a way to award people by playing the game. Goals & Achievements fulfills this by giving you credits by just playing the game. Giving another alternative to spending money, winning credits in game, watching ads, and completing surveys.

Many players will open WGT, complete a quick round to get their consecutive days played (CDP), close the game, and then proceed to do that on a daily basis. Increasing CDP was really the only thing to incentivize many players into playing the game. Now with daily and weekly goals you're more likely to get at least another round or two in. Which is an absolute win for us and also a win for players because you're being awarded just for playing with XP. apparel, coins, and credits. 

A decent number of players only play one game mode, and while that's totally fine there's an even larger number of players that only think coin games for example exists and don't even know about tournaments, CC tournaments, brackets, RGs, etc. even exist. With Goals & Achievements they're more likely to venture into other areas the game offers. It also acts as a pseudo tutorial into the game for newer players which is also something we've noticed can be confusing when starting out.

Now if you think of everything I've said, Goals & Achievements ticks the boxes for all of these from our standpoint as a company to incentivize players into playing the game more. It's also a win for players since you're also being rewarded for the game you're already playing.

Yes Nico i agree with you this is a very nice add to wgt i can see good things to come from it .....

My question is all the achievements that we have already accumulated I maybe wrong but some people did not recieve them and other did I being one who did not like i said maybe I'm wrong just trying to see if i achieved anything in the 12 years on this game 

Joe

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 2:19 PM

There is still an issue with backfilling achievements, we're still working on figuring out what's caused the issue exactly. We have a few theories but nothing concrete yet

papadeaux:
    My question is all the achievements that we have already accumulated I maybe wrong but some people did not recieve them and other did I being one who did not like i said maybe I'm wrong just trying to see if i achieved anything in the 12 years on this game 

• papadeaux
    862 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 3:06 PM

WGTNico:
    There is still an issue with backfilling achievements, we're still working on figuring out what's caused the issue exactly. We have a few theories but nothing concrete

Hello Nico thanks for quick response 

How can one know if they really achieved more then what they got rewarded for ?

• banes1
    236 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 3:52 PM

Hello Nico,

Under “Goals and Achievements” I clicked “go” for “Skills to pay the bills” and was taken to “Stroke play and CTTH.” 

I played “PGA National Challenge 1 CTTH.  When I finished and went to check my progress under “Skills to pay the bills,” there was no change.

I’m still at level 7.......7/8.      Shouldn’t it be8/8?  Or do I need to play stroke play 9 holes or would it be 18 holes?

If neither 9 or 18 hole stroke play, where do I find the “Skills to pay the bills?”

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 11:35 PM

banes1:

Hello Nico,

Under “Goals and Achievements” I clicked “go” for “Skills to pay the bills” and was taken to “Stroke play and CTTH.” 

If neither 9 or 18 hole stroke play, where do I find the “Skills to pay the bills?”

In case Nico lacks time, let me try an answer:  My "skills to pay the bills" says underneath it that it's about tiering up.  You will need ranked rounds to change your average and/or have enough ranked rounds as an TM to tier up from TM.

• terryntx
    56 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 4:33 AM

dumbest crap ive seen  on here o yeah wimn big prizes llike xp points wtf........

• banes1
    236 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 5:14 AM

AlaskanDame:

banes1:

Hello Nico,

In case Nico lacks time, let me try an answer:  My "skills to pay the bills" says underneath it that it's about tiering up.  You will need ranked rounds to change your average and/or have enough ranked rounds as an TM to tier up from TM.

Thank you AlaskanDame, I never even noticed that. LOL!

• Nordglanz
    35 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 7:55 AM

WGTNico:

One of it not THE biggest complaint we see about WGT is that the game is too expensive. That's a perfectly understandable complaint, so we wanted to create a way to award people by playing the game. Goals & Achievements fulfills this by giving you credits by just playing the game. Giving another alternative to spending money, winning credits in game, watching ads, and completing surveys.

Indeed the game is too expensive and the way too fix that is not by giving the few 5-100 cent rewards for goals that cost ten or hundred times more to fullfill. Im quite sure most players would be more happy with WGT actually lowering the cost to play the game and especially the prices of the balls and refreshing sponsors. 15 dollars for a sleeve of virtual balls and you know the prices have gone out of hand. I saw you talked about those good credit prizes, biggest one i have seen is 500 credits for 30 holes in one! It equals only one premier ball and most players wont make 30 holes in one in their lives.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 9:10 AM

RSS