Forums

Help › Forums

Goal & Achievements

Sun, Mar 3 2024 2:57 PM (580 replies)
  • i1488
    44 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2023 9:20 AM

I read just recently in another thread, posted by WGTNICO, that the person who worked at WGT and created the COIN Room Games left the company.  Seems that no one at WGT now knows how to change things with the code for this area.  smh

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2023 4:06 AM

i1488:

I read just recently in another thread, posted by WGTNICO, that the person who worked at WGT and created the COIN Room Games left the company.  Seems that no one at WGT now knows how to change things with the code for this area.  smh

Only in relation to the way players are tiering up , when they only play coin rooms .

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2023 2:55 AM

pdb1:

bossbird:
    Only in relation to the way players are tiering up , when they only play coin rooms .

That's " only " one of the biggest controversies & grey areas . 

Well that is what Nico said  , the formula created to allow mobile only players to tier up , was created by someone who no longer works for the company. 
     Personally as a mobile only player who has also played a heck of a lot of tournaments , I don’t really see an issue with what tiers  players are. There are plenty of champions or tour champs who have made it there by playing red tee tournaments , that’s up to them . The tier system is a bit archaic now that clubs and balls can be bought by many players regardless of tiers/levels. Sometimes it’s good that not everything in life or even WGT land , can be pre ordained using formulas and mathematics, in my opinion. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2023 11:03 AM

Blue588:

It’s about 16 hours of play.

16 hours…

If you’re at work Friday, you won’t make it.

Also, is it necessary? Is it meaningful?

Achievement: ”Waste 16 consecutive hours hitting balls, waste $30 on passes and purchase 3 or 4 sleeves of balls”.

That’s where I said “really”.

Absolutely not worth the effort. Mind you, I get through 9 holes 7 times in 1 hour, without any speed boosts... apart from clicking the ffwd button. But I never take more than 10 secs, before I start dragging the meter... 

• Blue588
    273 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2023 11:18 PM

I did get the 44 consecutive games in CC Clash. I played like 23 passes just in the first clash.

I used all those passes one can earn in the Achievements, and I played the rock. So it didn’t cost me anything. I couldn’t afford the cheapest expense, but that’s another story. Not a good one.

My beef was not whether it is doable. It was whether it is meaningful. Whether there is any fun in chasing it. 

It wasn’t meaningful. It wasn’t fun. It didn’t make me a better player, there was no joy in completing the requirement.

But I ticked it off anyway.

I see you address a number of past comments, there’s too many to respond. Furthermore that all my comments pass the moderation filter and they won’t appear for another couple of days. I don’t know why, because I’ve never abused anyone, nor do I respond to bait or provocations. But that too, is another story. All I’m saying is we couldn’t have a dynamic conversation about anything, given all my responses are delayed several days.

I’ll address the counters though, because I’m a developer. A lot of the miscounts are due to counting the ordinal value of the array instead of counting the number of values. All arrays count from 0. 0 is 1. If you play 20 games, their order will be 0 to 19. It’s very basic stuff, I’m surprised that’s the bug.

The only Achievement I’m bothering support with (and I’m really bothering them, which doesn’t make me feel good) is the 30 consecutive wins in coin rooms. That is an award where you can lose all progress in an instant. So I document the wins and submit them.

I have to say in their honour that tie-breakers are being counted as wins. They’ve fixed that. It’s the forfeits that are not being counted. And there you get into how difficult it is to obtain that award. One can not play 5 games without falling on malicious accounts that are here exclusively to do harm. We know of most results one will get when encountering them: frozen app, game terminates with no result, unrealistic performances (can’t say “cheating”, however when you witness it you just know), there’s also all those aggressions that will make you lose focus and throw a game… that award is the hardest.

If I don’t answer, don’t take it personal, this is for everyone and anyone. The circumstances under which I post here make it not worth it.

RSS