Forums

Help › Forums

Leveling up bs

Wed, Aug 10 2022 4:58 PM (34 replies)
  • Wormburner20170
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2022 6:52 PM

See if some one can answer this. I have been a legend since level 83 avg score was 69. Now I am a level 118 avg score 61.88 still a legend. I have 1361 consecutive days played. I play 9 ranked holes a day plus 6 head to head 3 holes a day. How in the hell haven’t I went up to tour legend along time ago. Thanks. 

• ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 10:41 AM

Average required for going up to tour legend is ≤ 60.00 I believe.

Please be aware that because your average as a legend is computed from your 500 best scores, it calculates to 3 decimal places, ( 1 / 500 = 0.002 ), and your average only displays 2 decimal places. So even if your average displays 60.00, it may actually be 60.002, and therefore you will not be promoted to tour legend until it drops to 60.000 or lower.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 12:04 PM

Wormburner20170:

• Now I am a level 118 avg score 61.88 still a legend.
    • I have 1361 consecutive days played.
    • I play 9 ranked holes a day plus 6 head to head 3 holes a day.
    • How in the hell haven’t I went up to tour legend along time ago. Thanks. 

• Your Level and Consecutive Days played are both irrelevant to your Tier.
    • As Scott said you need to basically get your AVG down to 59.999999. You have a bit over 1100 RR's played so I'm going to assume you are saturated a Legend (500 RR's) and that your AVG doesn't go up at all and only goes down.But even if you're not saturated bad scores don't affect your Tier advancement in the end anyway.
    • From your Score history you seem to get quite a few scores at 30 or less so it should just be a matter of time that you get enough of those scores to Tier up to T Legend 
    • Note that only your 9 hole RR's count for your AVG and the H2H 3 hole matches don't affect your AVG.
    So to recap you are getting the needed scores to advance to T Legend (30 or less) in some of the RR's you play each day but because you will need 500 scores at 30 or below it might still be a while ... but it will happen and you are on the path to get there ... eventually. There is a way to calculate exactly how many scores you still need to Tier up but someone else will need to comment on that as I don't know that.
  • alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 11:08 PM

MarchieB:
    As Scott said you need to basically get your AVG down to 59.999999.
    Pardon me, but your quote and your number are both imprecise. He stated "60.000", and that is correct. It's sufficient to hit that number.

MarchieB:
    There is a way to calculate exactly how many scores you still need to Tier up but someone else will need to comment on that as I don't know that.
    That would be difficult unless you know all the past scores.

It's easier to determine how many rounds are missing to saturation, before the fact.
    BTW: I saturated as a Legend close to 2,000 rounds...

For the OP @61.88 average, it can be said that a saturated score pool would encompass 61.88 x 500 = 30,940 strokes while a 60.000 ave. equals to 30,000 strokes. So, he needs to shave off quite a few strokes by eliminating higher scores from the pool and adding lower scores around 60. To say that he's close would be quite an exaggeration...

My 2 Pfennig for the OP: Play the game without caring much, put your fun up front! The "numbers game" is quite a grind, exhausting if you concentrate on that!

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 4:43 AM

alosso:
    MarchieB:
    As Scott said you need to basically get your AVG down to 59.999999.
    Pardon me, but your quote and your number are both imprecise. He stated "60.000", and that is correct. It's sufficient to hit that number.

Really?!, I'm actually being corrected over 0.000001 😖
    That's like 1/3000th of a C$%T Hair!  😝

alosso:
    To say that he's close would be quite an exaggeration...

Yes you're correct about that. I made a mistake in reading his post and thought he said he was playing 9 RR ROUNDS everyday, but after double checking his score history it's more like maybe 1 per day at best. So yes he's about 1.5 - 2 years away assuming he maintains his current pace of play and % of rounds that are 30 or lower.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 8:04 AM

"My 2 Pfennig for the OP: Play the game without caring much, put your fun up front! The "numbers game" is quite a grind, exhausting if you concentrate on that! "

I fully agree with Paul (Alosso) on this ^^^.  I made it to Legend and, once on the back tees, couldn't figure out what the difference was between Legend and the few higher tiers. So, I switched to Alt shot as I found it far more enjoyable. 

ct

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 8:09 AM

ct690911:
    couldn't figure out what the difference was between Legend and the few higher tiers.

3-6 strokes... 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 9:02 AM

PureGro1:

ct690911:
    couldn't figure out what the difference was between Legend and the few higher tiers.

3-6 strokes... 

LMAO...good pick up. I obviously meant to say that I couldn't figure out what the difference was between being a legend, or a higher tier.  Back tees with top equipment based on level, not tier. So it really makes no difference (IMHO).

ct

• doylerc
    1,154 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 9:08 AM

CT wise as always

Doyler

RSS