Forums

Help › Forums

Leveling up bs

Wed, Aug 10 2022 4:58 PM (34 replies)
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 9:04 AM

thestylecouncil:
    Hi Alosso, I'm level 115, have played 1000 ranked rounds at TL(not including custom courses), still not saturated, in the past 3 days i have hit 2 scores of -10 on ranked 9 holes, one went down by .02 one by 0.01...don't understand how my scores are going up, at one point i was 59.84, now standing at 60.00...after a 10 under which went down .01....i hope i don't have to play another 500 rounds to saturate my score
    I can't say anything about your saturation - just wait for it to happen, the average will drop significantly over a number of games when the high numbers are pushed out.

Concerning your rising average, there are quite a few scores >30 / 60 in your history, plus a lot with "0" scores which obscure the picture (and I don't know which mess they might cause in the calculation.

So, all I can tell you, "Be patient!"

I'd guess that saturation will come sooner than the 59 (or even 56!) average necessary for Champ.

(One report of today convincingly points to a change in the Champ threshold to 56!)

BTW: They have dropped the "total RR number" in the stats. Instead, there is "total score", which might be useful if it's reset on tier promotion, but this I don't know. Looks like another step into obscurity, concerning the tiering grind.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 11:10 AM

pdb1:
    I was not aware that Red Tees could be an exclusive format by choice . Being 90% of their game play . In that unlikely case . That could obviously be very detrimental to ones game .

So, Now that you are aware- We Agree...

This is exactly what I have said repeatedly, The players I was seeing in match and alt shot were spending 90% of their time playing red tees with the sole purpose and intent of increasing their tier and it WAS DETRIMENTAL TO THEIR GAME. The other 10% they played Match/Alt-shot and typically became very frustrated playing with others.

I am not talking about anyone other than the people I played/play in match and Alt Shot.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 12:06 PM

IMHO there is nothing wrong with playing red tee tourneys. I've played what ever my club....at the time...had set up to play. Some were blue, yellow, white and black along with red. Every color of the rainbow. lol. I'm no expert at this game but I think I know how to play to be competitive. My issue is I'm the most consistent inconsistently player there is,. I just don't take this game serious any more or like some do. I play for fun only.

• VanMeerV
    989 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 12:26 PM

He lies alot , lol my story sticking to it. 

Vic

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 3:20 PM

callaghan159:
    I've played what ever my club....at the time...had set up to play. Some were blue, yellow, white and black along with red

Soon, WGT will be adding gold tees for those of you long time members.

Image result for senior citizens playing golf

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 3:58 PM

alosso:
    BTW: They have dropped the "total RR number" in the stats.

It's still there.  "Total Ranked Rounds Played" is now under Tourneys in your stats.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 5:27 PM

HamdenPro:

callaghan159:
    I've played what ever my club....at the time...had set up to play. Some were blue, yellow, white and black along with red

Soon, WGT will be adding gold tees for those of you long time members.

Image result for senior citizens playing golf

I always thought the game should have ladies' and senior tees.  Why not?  They do in RL.  :-)

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 5:29 PM

pmm711:
    I always thought the game should have ladies' and senior tees

I always thought the red tees, on WGT, were the ladie's tees. Probably why so many "red tee" champs and guys wearing skirts, although no longer, since flash gone.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 5:33 PM

HamdenPro:

pmm711:
    I always thought the game should have ladies' and senior tees

I always thought the red tees, on WGT, were the ladie's tees. Probably why so many "red tee" champs and guys wearing skirts, although no longer, since flash gone.

+1

I mean in the tourneys...but then there'd be no men or young members playing the game. (wink wink) 

RSS