37 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2023 6:50 AM

Too political. Steff for president? No.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2023 10:35 AM

AlvaroGil1:
    Too political

Neither Horrible Comics Group, or its affiliates and subsidiaries, including, but not limited to, The Incredible Hoperman series, attempts, nor intends, to express the views of any political party, or idea, and in no way should be considered a political statement. It is solely meant to be a parody of WGT and intended solely for enjoyment.

Notwithstanding, if you feel that making fun of WGT is political, I disavow myself of any such responsibility and put blame entirely on the political party to which you may belong.

EDIT:  "[p]resident" should be capitalized.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2023 10:45 AM

HamdenPro:

AlvaroGil1:
    Too political

Neither Horrible Comics Group, or its affiliates and subsidiaries, including, but not limited to, The Incredible Hoperman series, attempts, nor intends, to express the views of any political party, or idea, and in no way should be considered a political statement. It is solely meant to be a parody of WGT and intended solely for enjoyment.

Notwithstanding, if you feel that making fun of WGT is political, I disavow myself of any such responsibility and put blame entirely on the political party to which you may belong.

Good response Steff, although you probably lost him after "Neither"...lol

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2023 11:17 AM

HamdenPro:
    attempts, nor intends, to express the views of any political party

I gotta say.... I've read and reread and dont get how it could be considered political.

However, I am extremely concerned about Nicos Tiny cat named Tim...maybe a spinoff of hoperman so we can keep updated on Tim.

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2023 12:14 PM

I've never seen anyone "stick it to the man" in such a fantastic manner.  Great job!  I sense a lot of despair and agony in this message.  Seems WGT players are quite upset at someone at WGT HQ.  I'm not a paying customer and surely will not be after reading this.  Thanks for the heads up.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2023 9:32 AM

i1488:

I've never seen anyone "stick it to the man" in such a fantastic manner.  Great job!  I sense a lot of despair and agony in this message.  Seems WGT players are quite upset at someone at WGT HQ.  I'm not a paying customer and surely will not be after reading this.  Thanks for the heads up.

It's just a comic strip. No one is overly "upset" at anyone else. Steff is a fantastic cartoonist and tries to enlighten these forums with a bit of levity. The subject (Hoperman/Scott) is a well respected member of wgt. The moderator (rep wgt) in this last strip was just a comic foil for the purposes of humor.. 

Don't take any of this stuff seriously and continue to enjoy the game.

ct

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2023 11:25 AM

ct690911:
    Don't take any of this stuff seriously and continue to enjoy the game.

Colin I think he just likes to stir things, the covid vaccine is a poison etc.  Never spend a penny this thread and later the same day he posts this

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2023 11:27 AM

i1488:
    I've never seen anyone "stick it to the man" in such a fantastic manner.  Great job!  I sense a lot of despair and agony in this message.  Seems WGT players are quite upset at someone at WGT HQ.  I'm not a paying customer and surely will not be after reading this.  Thanks for the heads up

For the record, I love playing this game and enjoy the company of the many friends I have made playing and in these forum threads. Nonetheless, there are many problems with the game as well as members concerns that are left unaddressed.

The Hoperman series is meant to be both a parody of WGT as well as to pay homage to ScottHope who had helped so many people over the years. This is not to say there are not other unsung "heroes" which could, and probably should, be recognized. It is just I so much enjoy pasting Scott's cat pic on things.

The comics, and comments, are not meant to deter anyone from enjoying what WGT has to offer.

I also would like to mention, I am very fond of both WGTChampion and WGTNico, both of whom usually receive advance issue of the comics before posting. I know that they read them and, at times, may even like them.

Finally, I do want to point out that you are a paying customer. I see your club rentals!! Just sayin' - we all pay, one way or another.

Please enjoy everything WGT has to offer and do not let my ramblings prevent you from doing so.

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2023 4:40 AM

HamdenPro:
    EDIT:  "[p]resident" should be capitalized.

In the context of his sentence, the word " president " is a common noun, and as such shouldn't be capitalised. 

"President" is a job title like any other, and that means you need to capitalise it based on the context, no need to in certain circumstances .  You might feel that you need to out of respect for the title, but it has nothing to do with correct usage of English grammar.

p.s  The use of the word " Political " can apply quite well to many different situations other than politics.

• AlvaroGil1
    37 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2023 1:59 PM

"Back then, members believe they mattered"

"In the beginning it was not about corporate profits"

Pinko. I'm just being satirical.

RSS