Forums

Help › Forums

Hole yardage information

Sun, Apr 3 2022 1:49 AM (27 replies)
  • FuturaUK
    1,384 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 5:01 AM

Is there any reason why the yardage per hole is not readily available on any course? I know we see the yardage when we play any hole, but that is not what I mean.

Clicking on the 'Golf Course' link shows each course and clicking on any of them you can see each hole and a description, but not the actual yardage. 

I know tee position and pin position have a bearing but surely it would not be too much trouble to provide this information for players?

I for one would find it immensely helpful.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 10:45 AM

You mean, a scorecard?

You'd have to make it yourself, by setting up an 18 hole game from the desired tees and selecting the scorecards of front and back nines - available before the first shot. Save & repeat for the next course.

FuturaUK:
    Curiously: What for?

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 12:20 PM

While in game "Hole Info" will give you distance from each tee location.

• BPeterson8256
    2,909 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 12:57 PM

FuturaUK:

Clicking on the 'Golf Course' link shows each course and clicking on any of them you can see each hole and a description, but not the actual yardage. 

I noticed this just yesterday. I thought it use to show the distance from each of the different tees where you were looking. 

I did the same thing alosso mentioned to get the information I wanted from the scorecards, but even that was a pain. I thought each scorecard use to show the distance from all the tees, but I must be thinking of an actual scorecard, or perhaps "Flash" scorecards.

alosso:

FuturaUK:

Curiously: What for?

I was looking because I wanted to make as long of a course as possible for a custom course. I know a few courses by heart, but I don't have enough brain cells to remember them all. lol

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 1:52 PM

It was a pain, but i just took a screenshot of hole info for every hole on all the courses

• BPeterson8256
    2,909 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 2:05 PM

dhjam1:

It was a pain, but i just took a screenshot of hole info for every hole on all the courses

This is really cool

...and the link to this wealth of knowledge is where? 😂 Where's my "share the wealth" card when I need it. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 4:15 PM

You can use the notebook too,  just as the pros do ! 

• BIGAL123
    201 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 4:26 PM
    The PGA Tour will adopt a local rule officially restricting the usage of green and yardage books.
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 4:37 PM

But we still have them, to use for better scoring !

• FuturaUK
    1,384 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2022 10:59 AM

I design and post awards for the CC members of the club I am in ... HIO'S, Albatross's, New Longest Drive's etc.

To know the yardage would help me as I like to include this info on the award I make and post on peoples' wall..

here is one 'example' 

RSS