Forums

Help › Forums

Windows 11 Thread

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 10 2024 12:35 AM (20 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 1:39 PM

I've seen several discussions scattered about the Forums here about Windows 11, so I thought I would start a new thread here where we could discuss our experiences with running the WGT PC app under Windows 11.

More specifically, the purpose of this thread is to discuss any issues or problems we might be having, as well as any solutions or work-arounds we've found.

———————————————————————————-

In order to get this thread started, I guess my first questions are: 

• Is anyone here running the WGT PC app under Window 11 (or have you tried)?
    • If so, are you experiencing any problems or errors?
    • If you are having problems, have you come up with any solutions or work-arounds to solve them?

———————————————————————————-

Here are a couple links to some previous posts in other threads:

Windows 11 discussion in ScottHope's thread

WGT loading problems under Windows 11

Mouse problems under Windows 11

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 3:28 AM
    • Is anyone here running the WGT PC app under Window 11 (or have you tried)?
      • Yes
    • If so, are you experiencing any problems or errors?
      • None that I believe are specific to Windows 11. MP games ending for no apparent reason is my biggest frustration.
    • If you are having problems, have you come up with any solutions or work-arounds to solve them?
      • No
  • ShalomAloha
    840 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 5:28 AM

Running 11 pro no problems 

• player0738
    1 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2022 5:49 AM

I'm running Windows 11, i9 11th Gen, 64GB RAM, RTX 3080. The meter jumps so fast that it's unplayable. Timing on my shot is just a guess, even when putting from close. I tried with my CPU/GPU overclocked and that didn't help either in a couple of different screen size configurations. Think I'll stick with my tablet.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2022 12:32 AM

player0738:

I'm running Windows 11, i9 11th Gen, 64GB RAM, RTX 3080. The meter jumps so fast that it's unplayable. Timing on my shot is just a guess, even when putting from close. I tried with my CPU/GPU overclocked and that didn't help either in a couple of different screen size configurations. Think I'll stick with my tablet.

!!! Your PC is way way overspec'd to play a game like WGT. Plus you even tried overclocking on it and still having the skippy meter problem?! Whoa... I dunno what exactly but there's definitely something seriously wrong with your PC, bro! Did you thoroughly check stuff like CPU usage at the task manager? Anyway, I bet you it's definitely not your PC spec, neither the operating system causing the problem. That's for sure...

• mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2022 3:54 PM

player0738:

I’m running a very high spec gaming pc including 128gb Ram and a threadripper. I never have any meter issues. That’s not to say I didn’t though. I had steam and WGT loaded onto an external hard drive months ago and the meter was shocking, since moving it onto my m.2 I have not had it jump once. Do you have WGT stored on an external drive? If so move it over and you shouldn’t experience the issues again. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2022 7:51 PM

pdb1:
    Lol . I don't think that is even possible Simon .

??? What do you mean, Paul?

While being a mobile player mostly, I do sometimes play on two different laptops I've got at home : 1) HP ProBook 4530s [W7, i5-2450M, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6490M] and 2) HP ProBook 470 G5 [W10, i7-8550U, 32GB RAM, GeForce 930MX]

They're not gaming PCs at all and yet I've never ever had any issues with the meter on both.* What is even more ironical is the meter on the first (which is now almost 10 years old!) runs smoother than the latter.

(* Except for the one and only time when I had to stream live but that was an exceptional case since it was forced to perform multi-tasking then.)

Of course, what really helps me is I maintain my devices in a regular basis, meaning I only install what's really necessary, always monitor what's running behind, checking viruses, and reformat them every 3-4 months even if there's no problem. Anyways, all this to say the vast majority of times it's really not about your computer's spec or operating system you're running, but rather how you use it.

• rockinroller
    11 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2022 1:19 PM

I uploaded WGT into my new computer yesterday which has the Windows 11 Pro OS.  I set my Video Resolution as usual but had to use "Frame" instead of "Full Screen" as Frame basically hid the entire lower frame of the game--the swing meter, club choice, etc.  In addition, you had no access to the 3 vertical dots normally accessed at the top left corner.  "Full Screen" however loses all of the quality resolution of my monitor, causing everything to be blurry.  Selecting the optional resolutions didn't help matters.  And although the bottom border containing the swing meter, etc. is now revealed, Full Screen hides the usual Taskbar icons which used to be present in the Windows 10 OS.

Here's hoping WGT finds a fix for this so that us Windows 11 Pro users can have that quality resolution back without Full Screen that hides other stuff we need.

• rockinroller
    11 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2022 1:59 PM

By the way, in order to get back into accessing Settings, I had to totally remove WGT from my computer which also meant going into both the Hard Drive (ProgramsX86--TOPGOLF, then right clicking that folder to delete) but ALSO to amend the Registry (regedit--HK LOCAL USER--SOFTWARE--WGT, then right click to delete that folder).  Then after restarting, I reloaded WGT for Windows and set up the Video Resolution through Settings.  I lost access to the Task Bar icons while playing due to the "Full Screen" Resolution, but at least I have the swing meter and club selection area back.

RSS