Forums

Help › Forums

Windows 11 Thread

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 10 2024 12:35 AM (20 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2022 3:51 PM

When you play fullscreen, you need to hit windows button to have access to anything else you might want to use (excel sheet, calculator).

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2022 3:59 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

pdb1:
    Lol . I don't think that is even possible Simon .

??? What do you mean, Paul?

While being a mobile player mostly, I do sometimes play on two different laptops I've got at home : 1) HP ProBook 4530s [W7, i5-2450M, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6490M] and 2) HP ProBook 470 G5 [W10, i7-8550U, 32GB RAM, GeForce 930MX]

They're not gaming PCs at all and yet I've never ever had any issues with the meter on both.* What is even more ironical is the meter on the first (which is now almost 10 years old!) runs smoother than the latter.

(* Except for the one and only time when I had to stream live but that was an exceptional case since it was forced to perform multi-tasking then.)

Of course, what really helps me is I maintain my devices in a regular basis, meaning I only install what's really necessary, always monitor what's running behind, checking viruses, and reformat them every 3-4 months even if there's no problem. Anyways, all this to say the vast majority of times it's really not about your computer's spec or operating system you're running, but rather how you use it.

As you say Simon. I run a 13 year old system with an RX 570 and have no issues of any kind....(10 days ago passed on win10...no problems).

The only thing i can think of for the poster with the super duper system is: temperatures. I have said it a million times...wgt is an easy game for almost every PC.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2022 12:52 AM

Yiannis1970:
    10 days ago passed on win10..

Wouldn't it be better for you to move on to Windows 11 directly by now?! LOL Can't believe Windows 10 is already 7 years old!

Yiannis1970:
    The only thing i can think of for the poster with the super duper system is: temperatures.

Yup, that can be a huge factor, too.

↓↓↓ 😂😂😂 ↓↓↓

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2022 1:19 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Wouldn't it be better for you to move on to Windows 11 directly by now?!

After 26275275282624267427622642 service packs Simon!!! LOL

• mik11235
    55 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2022 5:57 PM

No. 

Why would you if you can run W11.?

STF' up with this useless thread.

• BifCrowley
    8 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2024 4:41 AM

Hey everyone!

Okay, so I bought a new HP laptop, and not long after setting up the laptop, I went over to WGT and hit "Play Now," where it took me to my options.  My computer hosts Windows 11, by the way.  I then hit the "Microsoft" option, and it downloaded the WGT file, and after it downloaded, I hit the "open file" portion, and it gave me, "The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app," "Get Apps From Store," and "Change my app recommended settings." 

And since I'm somewhat of a techtard—ole Duder's not very savvy—I have no idea how to do any of that.

It also read that my computer needed JavaScript for support, so I downloaded that, but I received the same thing I did when I tried to first get on to WGT.

I read what you guys wrote above in the "WGT loading problems under Windows 11," but that query was about someone who downloaded Windows 11 with their original laptop.  I already have Windows 11, and this, again, is a brand-new laptop.

So, do any of you have any other options for me to try?  

I'm starting to get WGT withdrawals here, people!  And I'm pretty sure my country club, The Big Lebowski's, is starting to wonder why I dropped off Planet WGT. 

really like this game, and a lot like ole Dude's, or his Dudeness's, or uh, Duder's, or El Duderino's—if you’re not into the whole brevity thing—missing rug, this game really tied the room together.

Bif Crowley 

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2024 6:02 AM

Hi Bif, I would suggest that you check what version of Windows 11 your machine is running. You can do this by pressing the Windows key + r then, in the run box, type winver then hit enter.

If the window that opens shows that your machine is running a Windows 11 S version, then you will not be able to download apps from anywhere other than the Microsoft Store.

This link will explain to you what the S version is and how to switch out of it, once you have switched out of that version, hopefully you will then be able to download WGT.

• BifCrowley
    8 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2024 2:57 AM

Hey Scott, thanks for the advice, I'm going to try that right now.

I read that if I get out of the S system, I can't get it back.  Will that be a security problem for me?  Or will my security just take care of that potential risk?

Okay, I did what the page said and got to the part where I could get rid of S but balked because it read that I could give up both "performance and peace of mind" where security is concerned.  Should I worry about such a thing?  Or is that just Microsoft trying to keep me under their app thumb, so I won't buy other products?

I'll wait for your response to make my final decision.

Thanks again,

Bif

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2024 3:17 AM

I don't believe there is anything to be concerned about by leaving the S mode behind. If you were to give your laptop to a child then it probably is a good idea to have it enabled, but for adults, no.

Cheers.

Scott.

• BifCrowley
    8 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2024 1:43 PM

Hey Scott, thanks again for the advice.

I will give it a shot and get back to you.

Yep, just got done doing it and it worked!

Thanks a bunch!

Bif

RSS