Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Mon, Apr 29 2024 8:55 PM (1,175 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2023 9:08 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

HenryKawa:
    You are one of the longest serving WGT members that is still active.   2009, WOW.   Also Level 200.  I think that's as high as it gets.  No one is higher than 200.  I would like to send you a friend request.  I have so few friends.  

Well thank you for the accolades! "So few friends"? My eyes aren't what they use to be, but I thought I saw 7,585 FRIENDS on your Home Page. Actually, since my Cataract surgery, I've got 20-20 again! I recommend it to any old f*rts who need it!

Our friend Nancy1959 was the 1st to get to level 200...and she's still there!

Thank you for the friend request. I'd be honored to accept!

You do realize that HK collects "friends" like marbles in a jar. Not sure where the honour is, exactly. But, whatever blows your hair back.:)

• craigswan
    31,069 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2023 3:14 AM

Top 5 Posters of ALL TIME
    1 Craigswan 30,141
    2 YankeeJim 25,827
    3 Pdb1 23,148
    4 Ladychipper 20,927
    5 Alosso 20,631

Unfortunately yankeejim and Pdb ain't coming back . Miss them terribly .

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2023 6:07 AM

ct, Just sent you a friend request.  I know we have been at odds over the years, but I think we are good now.  Fellow Canadian.  

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2023 10:44 AM

HenryKawa:

ct, Just sent you a friend request.  I know we have been at odds over the years, but I think we are good now.  Fellow Canadian.  

Any issues between us is "white noise". How is your wife doing?

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2023 8:56 PM

ct690911:

HenryKawa:

Any issues between us is "white noise". How is your wife doing?

She is okay for now.   She has to go to the cancer clinic for treatment every 3 weeks for the rest of her life.  She gets 2 bags of chemicals put into her body through a permanent port she had surgically implanted under her skin.   At least its not chemo.  That sh.. knocks the heck out of you.   So any trips we take are short ones - less than 3 weeks.   Thanks for asking CT.   

• HamdenPro
    2,424 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2023 1:41 PM

• craigswan
    31,069 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2023 2:22 PM

Wish your wife all the best from me too Henry . Real life is more important .

Met an old workmate at the weekend and he never goes out without an oxygen bottle on his back .

Pneumonia .

Health is everything .

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2023 7:55 AM

craigswan:

Wish your wife all the best from me too Henry . Real life is more important .

Met an old workmate at the weekend and he never goes out without an oxygen bottle on his back .

Pneumonia .

Health is everything .

Yes that's true Craig.  I am fortunate enough to be in pretty good shape.  I don't really do anything special. I am fairly active because I can't just sit for extended periods of time.  I have to be doing something most of the time.  I think if a person is moderately active you will be okay.  DO NOT - I repeat do not go overboard with the exercise.  Its not healthy.  Everything in moderation I always say.   I know body builders whose muscles are so strong, it restricts blood flow (big problem).  I know people who say drinking water is healthy so drink a gallon of water a day, now are on pills for low "this and that" because they drank too much water.  I know people who run 8 miles a day, so now need hip and knee replacements.   So bottom line:  being too healthy is NOT HEALTHY.   People who are thin as recommended by your physician, is not healthy.  They eat so little their body lacks things your body needs.  I over eat so eventually my body gets what ever it needs from real food - not vitamins (which are no good for you).  I am slightly overweight, but that is WAY WAY better than being underweight and lacking minerals that you need.  By overweight, I mean if I lost 15 pounds I would be perfect.   The perfect man in his 60's. lol.  Above is about your physical health.  What about your mental health?   That is a whole other problem.   Its relatively easy to work on and fix your body.  Your mind is a little harder to fix.  Different things work for different people.  Its a matter of finding what works for you.  Mind over matter, concentration, meditation, relaxation, bonding, brain activity, physical activity, hobbies, coffee's with friends, doing something new everyday, fun with food.  Those are some things that "I" do -  for brain health.  

• HamdenPro
    2,424 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2023 7:23 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    I believe Irishking1916 is still active. I wonder if anyone the list still plays?

Irishking1916 and Thunderbird are both very active.  Irishking1916 streams regularly and is often among the leaders in tournaments.

EDIT:  Irishking1916 streams regularly and is often among the leaders in tournaments. or was (sorry Karl, but true!).

• HamdenPro
    2,424 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2023 7:50 PM

HenryKawa:
    I am fortunate enough to be in pretty good shape

Henry, you are way too modest...

RSS