Wed, Dec 22 2021 12:00 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HamdenPro
    2,414 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2021 9:32 AM

Robert1893:
    That's my take on spam and WGT

THANK YOU!!!

Without regard to whether you are 100% correct, you have set forth an idea of what SPAM means that seems logical and simple to understand.

The official Terms and Conditions provides, under the "POSTING ETIQUETTE" heading, inter alia::

• Make commercial use of the Site or the Application, including distribution of advertising, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and spam. (emphasis added)

Your reply differentiates Spam from advertising, chain letters, etc..  (Which is what was confusing me - there was no differentiation).

Until such time as a moderator can elaborate, I am going with your interpretation.

If you are wrong, and I end up unwittingly spamming, I will simply send a message to member services that directs them to your reply. (I could not resist adding that but, in all seriousness, I truly appreciate all the replies).

• HamdenPro
    2,414 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2021 9:42 AM

ct690911:
    That's probably why you were moderated and others who break the rules (far worse) weren't

Although, a little off topic, I appreciate the input as I did indicate I was (at the time) under moderation.

In my case, I had always been under moderation from my very first post. I think everyone is when they first start. 

I also believe that once someone is off moderation, they are pretty much free to say what they want until someone complains and then can be put back on moderation. I say this because we all see post, every day, that violate TOS, sometimes, an entire thread is a violation. Yet, no moderation and no censorship.

People use language here that is not blocked but would be in "in-game" chat.

IMO, there are no bots in the forum moderating. It is self-policed. That is the only way to explain how some members are not under moderation, after thousands of posts, when they most likely should be.

For me, I never questioned why I was on moderation, only why I was always on moderation.

I am now off moderation in part, I assume, because I should be and, in part, Champ granted an early Xmas wish, which I truly appreciate.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2021 11:13 AM

All best wishes for the festive season , and the year to follow

Lesley  

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2021 12:00 PM

I don’t believe there is a firm, fixed definition of spam. It is like many other things these days, relative. The definition is refined, redefined, adjusted, whatever term you chose to address a particular situation at hand. What is spam one day may not be the next.

• PAGES
RSS