Forums

Help › Forums

To ding or not to ding ? and other thoughts...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 1 2022 12:56 PM (30 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2022 11:54 AM

SamSpayed:

ct690911:
    Yes, Paul is on my FL, unfortunately, Scott isn't. You are also on my FL, so 2 out of 3 ain't bad...lol

FR sent, Colin.  But if you don't want to accept, I understand 😎

Thx Scott...much appreciated. I didn't receive it, but will send you one. Maybe better luck.

• JonnoAUS
    31 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2022 4:01 PM
    Nice reply! The strange thing is…I was being serious.
  • JonnoAUS
    31 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2022 4:04 PM
    Playing a hole every day yes, but that won’t get you to level 23 after 4 days. You’d need a LOT more than that. A lot more I probably averaged 3-5 games a day and it still took me several years 3+ to get to level 80.
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2022 4:31 PM

JonnoAUS:
    Playing a hole every day yes, but that won’t get you to level 23 after 4 days. You’d need a LOT more than that. A lot more I probably averaged 3-5 games a day and it still took me several years 3+ to get to level 80.

I don't remember how long it took me, so I personally won't argue the point with you. I will say that, regardless of your level, try to remain a Tour Master. It seems to be the biggest regret of many Legends that they couldn't remain at that tier a bit longer...lol

Moving back to the parking lot tees and having to upgrade clubs to accommodate the move isn't that much fun.

ct

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2022 5:38 PM

JonnoAUS:
    Playing a hole every day yes, but that won’t get you to level 23 after 4 days. You’d need a LOT more than that.

Playing one hole a day, it would take less than 2 weeks to get to Level 23.

And playing one hole a day would get a player to Level 90 in a year. 

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 5:32 AM

(reply to my former post)

JonnoAUS:
    None of that makes sense. It’s taken me over 5 years to get to Level 91. That’s a level every 3 weeks average. So level 23 would take around a year and a half. Even if you played a lot - 50+ games a day, I can’t see how it could take any less then 6 months minimum. Maybe I should report you - for talking nonesense! :D
    Mind you that Level 23 is 3,820 XPs, easy-peasy in a few days.

The whole ladder is non-linear. Until L80, the gap to cross between levels is <10,000. From there, it starts to gallop to 99,000 at L92.

Thus, L80 to L91 alone is 356,000 XPs. See the Reference Table.

Happy grinding!

• JonnoAUS
    31 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 8:22 AM

MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!!

Ok, firstly I will apologize to all.

I loaded the game on my wife's IPAD and played 5 games. OMG. Its a level up every 1 hole game! I played a couple 3 holers. level up after every game. So I'm basically able to (if I wanted to continue) progress very quickly. Craxy. 

And every hole you play you get free club rentals!!! Drivers, 3W, hybrid, Irons.  Then apparel is offered. You can't lose. Seriously they made it this easy???!!!    (since I have some skills, I'd deliberately miss fairways and greens as I didn't want to ruin the new Hack's fun). 

No wonder everyone is progressing so fast! 

To be fair, I started in 2016 and it didn't happen like that at all. You played a lot before levelling up, and it took some time to get free club rentals. No apparel. I don't remember the XP videos to watch to quicken it up but it was sometime ago. 

So, basically we are ALL correct. And to show my sincerity, I contacted the guy who i reported as a 'cheat', but he since moved on. He said he 'checked out' for a year or two after the banning, lost his job, home etc.

But he's since moved to Siberia, got a great job in a salt mine and is saving his roubles like crazy for some fishing line and hook as his budget only allows one meal a day. So good for him!!! Great to see he's not holding any grudges and is enjoying life again.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 8:50 AM

JonnoAUS:
    To be fair, I started in 2016 and it didn't happen like that at all. You played a lot before levelling up, and it took some time to get free club rentals. No apparel. I don't remember the XP videos to watch to quicken it up but it was sometime ago. 

Actually, the newer CDP system began before you joined in November 2016. So, the way it operates now is basically the way it operated when you joined. Here's a thread that was started on it at the time:

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/427224.aspx

Note the date of the thread: October 2016.

And even the old system, in which a player maxed out their CDP bonus at 880 XPs, allowed a person to progress fairly quickly through the first few levels.

Under the old system, it would have taken less than 2 weeks to get to Level 23. It's the higher levels that took more time because, as alosso notes, progression is not linear.

• JonnoAUS
    31 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 11:51 AM
    Strange as I don’t ever recall it going that quickly. Or getting the amount of free rentals etc. And this was on the mobile version?
  • twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 12:21 PM

JonnoAUS:
    Ok, firstly I will apologize to all.

I apologize as well Jonno. Telling someone as long time helpful to all as Alosso has been when he is just explaining truth to you, that you ought to report him too, along with your other post scam crapping on WGT about some ball offer, led me to post to you as I did.

Everybody here is usually very helpful unless they are responding to obnoxious and belligerent posts.

Now enjoy playing the game again and be sure to use the forums when you need some help with something!

TP

Nostradamus says, " I'll Take Multiple Accounts for 200 please, Alex".

RSS