Help › Forums

Donating

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 25 2021 5:58 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SwaggerIII
    3 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2021 7:25 PM

Can i donate a set of iron that im not using to another player ? 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 1:13 PM

No, but you can sell your irons back to the pro shop at 25% of the original purchase price, then use the credits to gift something to someone.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 1:39 PM

ScottHope:
    25% of the original purchase price

WGT, sorry for saying this but... you guys are worse than used-car dealers. LOL

No but seriously... how about opening up a used (second-hand) market? And you WGT sell a ticket or a voucher in the pro shop so that anyone who wishes to sell or buy used equipment would have to purchase and use it for each and every transaction.

Sales of brand new products may drop, but you will generate a new source of revenue that has much greater potentials.

How many times have you gone through these experiences? You bought, tested certain balls and didn't like them, and they're sitting in your inventory forever. You regret selling back or miss some old equipment now unavailable in the pro shop and such...

This will be a jackpot for every party involved, WGT by selling vouchers (charging commission fees for each transaction from both buyer AND seller), people who want to get rid of unwanted or unused balls & clubs, and those who want to buy equipment not sold in the pro shop any longer or wish to play with advanced gears at a tight budget.

Why not giving it a try at least? You WGT are still on the driver's seat. If any abuse or misuse found, eliminate that portion or take appropriate measures like the way you did with free credits.

↓↓↓ EDIT : Thank you, sir. ↓↓↓

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 10:59 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    how about opening up a used (second-hand) market?
    How often have you seen this idea, unanswered?

Also, you can only sell items that you own, and players own nothing in this game, see the T&Cs!

Once we part with our real money, we only receive licenses, i.e. credit licenses, gear licenses, ball licenses...

which are
    - non transferable, and
    - subject to termination at the company's whim.

Therefore, 25% no questions asked are a good offer!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 11:14 PM

alosso:
    Once we part with our real money, we only receive licenses, i.e. credit licenses, gear licenses, ball licenses...

Okay then... how about opening a used license exchange market? ;-)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 2:05 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    opening a used license exchange market?
    Should they spend resources without revenue in sight?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 1:53 PM

alosso:
    Should they spend resources without revenue in sight?

Well... You can look at it this way. WGT will be able to make extra additional revenue by selling the right to exchange licenses between players (from credit license to gear/ball licenses or vice-versa depending what you are, either a buyer or a seller).

This is nothing new since they're already selling (the licenses to use) equipment which are, in essence, nothing but imagery stuff combined with various stat numbers so with all due respect, alosso, I can't agree on "without revenue in sight" because it's going to be as easy as fetching water from a creek on your backyard and selling it to people. The funniest part? People will still actually buy it, I bet. I, for one, will for sure.

• PAGES
RSS