Forums

Help › Forums

Inbox Filling Up With Reply Posts!

Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:37 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2009 7:57 PM

Depends on the email software you use... In some email software, filters can be set up very easily, in other software, less easily. The Help file for the email software you use should have more information. You can let us know what email software you use & perhaps we can offer some specific advice on how to set up a filter.

I use the following filter for these WGT forum emails: if an email contains the string From: "World Golf Tour - Automated Email" <noreply@worldgolftour.com>, move it to the WGT forum folder. That's it.

I have a different filter for other WGT notifications, such as those you get for Wall posts and PMs. I get to see those emails immediately, while the WGT forum emails I only see when I visit that specific folder. The filter for non-forum WGT emails is the string From: "World Golf Tour" <noreply@worldgolftour.com>, or sender address Members@WorldGolfTour.com.

• Zippy-Pivot
    257 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:23 AM
    Tks for the help Faterson. Not sure what I did,but after a few clicks and checks and accepts, the reply posts now go directly to the delete file..................Yahoo!! Who says ya cant teach an ole horse new tricks! Tks again Zippy!!
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:04 AM

I'm afraid that's not a good solution, Zippy. You probably accidentally set up a (spam) filter deleting all WGT emails. That is not good. You may be missing important, legitimate emails that way, such as notifications about product updates, your entries to tournaments, notifications about Wall posts and private messages when players wish to invite you for games, etc.

So, this is not good. I'd revert that action, if possible, and set up a regular filter the right way, as described in the Help file of your email software. It's usually simple to set up.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 10:38 AM

NOONAN, where are you!

• Zippy-Pivot
    257 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 9:55 PM
    Faterson.....Any replies from Wgt goes directly to my deleted file, where I can open and choose to read which ever I want. The rest I just simply eliminate with a simple click...........works for me. My inbox is now in my control again....lol!! Tks again....Zippy!!
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:37 AM

Well... as long as you visit your "deleted" emails folder regularly so that you don't miss any important email, that setup may be working fine for you.

As I mentioned earlier, I found it necessary to set up a 2-level filter for WGT emails: I get to see all Wall post / PM / tournament / product upgrade notifications, etc., instantly, while I only visit the folder with WGT forum notifications if I have the spare time to do so.

• PAGES
RSS