Help › Forums

TO CATCH A CHEAT

Mon, Jan 24 2022 4:06 PM (116 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 3:30 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    HOW TO CONTACT WGT IF YOU SUSPECT YOU'RE PLAYING A CHEATER

This is very informative. I usually just send by gmail.

For what is worth, Scott would have either a video, with background music, or a power point presentation and a link on his page.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 4:13 PM

HamdenPro:
    Scott would have either a video, with background music, or a power point presentation and a link on his page.

I bet I don't play as well as Scott does either!

AND........

Check this out!

WGT Tools (wgtdingmaster.com)

I've seen this ad on many new player's wall!

PS It ain't legal!

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 2:25 PM

Hey all I think it's fair to say that this thread has gotten a bit out of control. For that reason I will be locking this thread.

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2022 4:44 PM

I have decided to unlock this thread, because I think the originals intentions were good.

Giving players good tips on how to catch a cheat. 

I will not hesitate to lock and fully delete this thread if it derails again.

Also if you ever feel like you see a cheater in game please send in a ticket to support

https://m.wgt.com/help/request

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2022 4:55 PM

WGTNico:

I have decided to unlock this thread, because I think the originals intentions were good.

Giving players good tips on how to catch a cheat. 

I will not hesitate to lock and fully delete this thread if it derails again.

Also if you ever feel like you see a cheater in game please send in a ticket to support

https://m.wgt.com/help/request

lol, good tips on how to catch a cheat, isn't that what you should be doing, 

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2022 5:22 PM

As unfortunate as it is, there are cheaters in every game and many players do not know how to report it in the terrible event it does happen.

As many cheaters as we do catch on our end, there are some that slip through and that's where player reporting helps a lot in combatting these. 

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2022 6:00 PM

WGTNico:

As many cheaters as we do catch on our end, there are some that slip through and that's where player reporting helps a lot in combatting these. 

What hurts the honest player is the feeling they get when they lose to a HACK or an AMATEUR. You've been playing honest for years and in the Head to Head competition you lose coins to someone who cheats.

We need to report them to WGT. They can investigate if the player has a 2nd account. I would think there are similar IP numbers, friends, cc's, etc.

in the tournament now in progress called NORTHERN LIGHTS SHOWDOWN, I counted the number of (maybe?) CHEATERS who "made it" to the Elimination round in the section I'm playing in.

There were 5. 3 are HACKS and 2 are AMATEURS. Just how could I tell they were cheaters? I can't really. If they are in the Elimination round they made it through the Qualifying round so they had to shoot even par to be in the top 50. Could they do it? Maybe.

But the funny thing is, these potential cheaters have not played in the Elimination round yet with 15 hours to go.

It seems their best way to cheat is to wait until the last few hours or so and you won't be caught.

The cut off for the top 50 right now is -1 with 15 hours to go.

I'm watching......closely.

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2022 6:21 PM

pdb1:
    Lol . 1st post is confrontational .

as is the 2nd but no point arguing with a fanboy

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2022 6:29 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Also, all Topgolf players are identified by their IP number on the SETTINGS page. I would think that an easy way to check out of someone cheats is to find duplicate IP numbers for players.

I went back to first post and reading all this, I have to ask what your idea is exactly...

Are you saying people who have started over or have a 2nd account are able to beat you using lesser equipment and balls due to the tee advantage coupled with experience level, and there doing this in coin rooms? 

I think a lot of people either play the "one hole" for a friend to keep the daily streak alive, have Wives/GFs/Husbands...etc that also play WGT on same connection. Then you have the VPNs that may double sometimes, I think checking Duplicate IPs would catch a lot of fish but most would not be the species you seek.

RSS