Forums

Help › Forums

TO CATCH A CHEAT

Mon, Jan 24 2022 4:06 PM (116 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 10:47 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Until wgt take the cheats out before awarding the prizes what is the point in reporting them?

The point in reporting them is to get the cheats out of the game and keep them from gaining any benefit from cheating.

Like Nico said, WGT tries to identify cheaters and remove them.  Our reporting suspected cheaters helps them with that.

WGTNico:
    As many cheaters as we do catch on our end, there are some that slip through and that's where player reporting helps a lot in combatting these. 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 10:56 AM

I was accused of cheating once...then they saw me play...lol.

Honestly, it didn't matter what tier I was, what equipment I used, or from what tees I hit. It always came down to putting and that's where I flailed about like a sailboat in a tsunami.

The more I practiced, the more "average" I became. I finally gave up trying to become a great (or even really good) player and just enjoyed the companionship of my fellow players.

I'm now 60 years old and learned long ago to simply have fun whenever possible.

cheers,

ct

ps;  I'm told I don't look a day over 55..:)

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 11:25 AM

TO CATCH A CHEAT

As I said, I had picked out 5 possibilities of cheaters. 1 of the cheaters named Iplayaround played when the tournament was ending a scored a -3.. and ended 35th, so someone on the bubble at -1 didn't make the cut.

I looked up the home page of the cheater...

See the 2 friends? I looked them up too...

The other "friend" was a big disappointment for me, so I won't divulge any information.

I reported the 2 cheaters to WGT like we're suppose to...

The following was sent to WGT...

This CHEATER is in the tournament and has a 2nd account.

The name of the cheater is

Iplayaround

and BOLT449 is also a 2nd account but I don't know if this one played in the tournament.

Both of these CHEATERS were created by *********

Now someone in the final round will finish UNDER the cheater and lose a better prize.

PS I wrote a seperate email last tournament complaining that I lost 5,000 coins to the cheater just ahead of me. Topgolf said the "will not" give me the coins.

So this why I'll report them. I'll continue to do so.

Throw them off WGT and eliminate them from the tournament.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 11:37 AM

HamdenPro:

There are also players that are very high level, but low tier.  I just got done playing against a level 80 Tour Pro during the final round of the current showdown. Joined 2010 and has played only 91 ranked rounds. His profile suggest that he is not a cheater. At the end of the 3 holes, I was -2 and he was -3.

My point is, there some lower-level players that are just that good and there are cheaters. All you can do is, if you think someone is cheating, check out the profile and, if still feel strongly then send an email to members@worldgolftour.com

This is logical and makes great sense-

The ones complaining about their winning % against lower tiers being some proof that people cheat does not. since 3/2019 I've played almost 3K ranked rounds and since flash ended I play maybe 100 or so coin games a month, In all those rounds and games I think I maybe could say someone wasn't playing right (possibly cheating) in maybe 5? of those games...

SamSpayed:
    Our reporting suspected cheaters helps them with that.

Or ties up their resources chasing down every player who beats someone of a higher tier...lol

DuFussMcGoo:
    As I said, I had picked out 5 possibilities of cheaters. 1 of the cheaters named

Unless you know for a fact what is going on and even then its debatable but naming players here in the forum is just not good, no matter the intent.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 11:58 AM

PureGro1:
    Unless you know for a fact what is going on and even then its debatable but naming players here in the forum is just not good, no matter the intent.

I agree.

I found 2 cheaters and did not mention the other.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 12:05 PM

PureGro1:

SamSpayed:
    Our reporting suspected cheaters helps them with that.

Or ties up their resources chasing down every player who beats someone of a higher tier...lol

Chris, are you suggesting that we should NOT report suspected cheaters to WGT, because it will tie up WGT resources?  🙄

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 12:06 PM

PureGro1:
    I've played almost 3K ranked rounds and since flash ended I play maybe 100 or so coin games a month, In all those rounds and games I think I maybe could say someone wasn't playing right (possibly cheating) in maybe 5? of those games...

I agree with your observation. 

Keep in mind, the cheaters I am talking about, do not waste time in the coin rooms. They start an account for the sole purpose of performing in a few events, sometimes even 1.  Once they reach the final round, some like those in this thread, would report them and account is gone. Move to another account.

These players are looking to make a few "scores" and move on to a new account.

Consider forming a club. No members, just you. You then make a new account right before a tournament or showdown. Level the player to 20 and rent clubs. Win credits. Let the new member create a tournament within the club, say for credits. Then the primary owner wins the tournament or perhaps the second account sends balls or etc as a gift. Second account then removed from club and/or unfriended or WGT is alerted, and 2nd account is banned but the primary remains. You could do this over, and over and over again until someone catches on and reports the member. This is just one of many examples why and how members cheat.  I know one that I suspect the only reason they do it is to keep themselves in free balls.

At the end of the day, although I think is so wrong, on so many levels, I am just here to enjoy the game and the people I meet along the way. I figure cheater hunting takes too much time away from that.

Now, if WGT offered a bounty, a sleeve for every 3 confirmed cheaters, I am all in.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 12:09 PM

PureGro1:

Its your Post that started 6/14 talking about being cheated out of apparel- This doesn't turn to SD cheating until 6 months later.

your answer? to my question was back to head to head and dealing with being beaten by lower tiers. I am honestly confused by all this and thought a straight forward question would help me understand.

Hope this helps. I began by stating what I think a cheater's profile is, and have focused in on what is wrong with cheating.

I've sent you a friend request so we could chat further about this and come to an understanding.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 12:14 PM

HamdenPro:
    Consider forming a club. No members, just you. You then make a new account right before a tournament or showdown. Level the player to 20 and rent clubs.

Good investigation. Can COINS be transferred or played for in tournaments, or just credits?

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 12:27 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Can COINS be transferred or played for in tournaments, or just credits?

To my knowledge, only credits can be transferred (by means described below). The "true" cheaters are in it for the credits more than the coins. Coins can be transferred via match play. Using two devices, it is possible for one account to play the other and lose coins.  Primarily, in showdowns, they are looking for the top spots which pay credits.  Coins can be used, as long as account not shutdown to level up apparel and to for WGT rental sets, both of which can come in handy in Showdowns.

Obviously, there are cheaters in the Showdowns but I think, in the larger scheme of things, the better ones are in the credit tournaments. They keep low profile. So, nothing like E-tour but in the weekly and sweeps and brackets.  

EDIT: After some further consideration, I could see a benefit for the coins. You need coins to play in the coin rooms. You can level up without going to a higher tier, easier in the coin rooms. This is how you can get to be a level 80 Tour Pro. This would enable you to get much better equipment and still play from shorter tees in tournaments.

RSS