Forums

Help › Forums

TO CATCH A CHEAT

Tue, Nov 23 2021 1:49 AM (79 replies)
  • CaverNolema
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2021 6:25 PM

The when bothers me most of the time. I see too many quit while there's still a chance for them to win  

I'm still learning how to read greens, putting, and chipping. 

A few weeks ago in the Paris room I had an opponent hit tee shot into deep rough on 1st hole. 

They quit on the spot before they even saw me hit. There were 2 holes left after that one  

I want to finish holes to work on getting better in competition. 

I guess I'm using the wrong format for that. 

Just a personal preference 

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2021 8:38 PM

CaverNolema:

A few weeks ago in the Paris room I had an opponent hit tee shot into deep rough on 1st hole. 

They quit on the spot before they even saw me hit.

CaverNolema:

That's all it is . The wrong format .

You are on the right track though . You have already played 179 ranked rounds .Presumably WGT Single Player Unlimited Play Stroke Play WGT default conditions .

Those are your best practice rounds . Except . If you were not in a " DEAD CC " . One with an inactive owner . Essentially making the concept of a CC worthless .

If you were in an " ACTIVE CC " . One with an active owner . Able to provide information and details . Allocate responsibilities to various directors in different areas . Oversee the making of all tiered tournaments at all times . And other events that the CC prefers as part of their agenda .

If that were the case . You could play customized versions of the WGT Tournaments you already play . Changing the variables once or twice a week if you wanted to .

You can do that in an active CC .

If you want multiplayer competitiveness . There is not a tougher , harder more enjoyable , friendly , competitive format than Multiplayer Stroke Play .

In the " CREATE A GAME " or " JOIN A GAME " MODES .

Preferably " CREATE A GAME " So that you can pick the course , the holes , the tiers , the shot clock , and the timeouts , etc .

Since you probably don't have a slew of friends online at the same time . Looking for a good match .

Then those modes will find you some very ready and willing , very good players of your same tier . That are complete strangers . But that is a good thing . Because it turns out that they too love some good competitive rounds .

You will soon find yourself stepping up and finding your game . Playing these harder core players that you didn't even know were out there .

There is that .

Or continue to play the " Single Player Unlimited Play Stroke Play " rounds .

Which probably means something different than you thought .

In those rounds ( whether they are WGT or CC ) . The idea is to play a front 9 or a back 9 . Trying to get a score lower than your average . Or a score you can live with .But the objective is to lower your average .

You only complete the 9th or the 18th hole if you like the score . Otherwise you quit or restart the round at any hole before the end of the 9th or 18th . And you do that as many times as you want . 100 times if need be . Until you get a score that you can live with .

This format is the only one that has a restart button . To quickly restart the round .

This " Single Player Unlimited Play Stroke Play ". and " Multiplayer Stroke Play " .

Are the only formats where all your statistics count .

Stroke Play Score Average
    Best 9-Hole Round
    Best 18-Hole Round
    Total Ranked Rounds Played
    Total Holes-In-One
    Total Double Eagles
    Total Eagles
    Total Birdies
    Total Pars
    Total Bogeys
    Total Double Bogeys
    Total Others
    Par 3 Score Avg.
    Par 4 Score Avg.
    Par 5 Score Avg.

Skill Challenge Avg. Score

And many more if you check your AWARDS list .

And affects your average as well . NO OTHER FORMATS DO THAT .

So my suggestion to you is to quit your CC first and foremost . Go to Country Club Corner . Read about all the hundreds of fantastic CC's . Message the owner of one .

Depending on if you get or what type of a response you get . Will yell you if it is good for you . At least to check out for a while . If it works . And is very active . You will have the best time you can have in WGT .

More links to read .

HOW DO I GET UP IN THE CLUB ?

LET'S HELP COMMUNICATE

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT

PCEA PLAYERS vs COIN PLAYERS

VALLEY of the SUN C C ( a look back at VOTSCC & WGT)

QUICK LINKS TO VIDS & TUTORIALS

MP INVITES ALT SHOT , STROKE , COIN

Enjoy and Good Luck .

• gutzy555
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2021 10:09 PM

Hey I played this guy ...and lots of his friends.lol

Most guys are good if they act like jerks go to settings and turn chat off for the match

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2021 11:09 AM

gutzy555:

Hey I played this guy ...and lots of his friends.lol

Most guys are good if they act like jerks go to settings and turn chat off for the match

I'm curious . Was it a Coins match or Multiplayer stroke play .? I know you are stereotyping when you say

gutzy555:
    and lots of his friends

But did you mean other seemingly mobile type players ?

The reason I ask is these guys are more like " us " than we know . They just lack the depth of the knowledge of the vastness that is WGT . And genuinely seem curious to learn .

Let's help show them more .

• SamSpayed
    3,514 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2021 1:17 PM

CaverNolema:

I'm still learning how to read greens, putting, and chipping. 

Caver, as pdb1 stated, coin games are not always the best format for reaching those goals.  And he raises some very good points about your being in a dead CC.  It looks like your CC owner started the club back in Oct 2018 and quit playing 8 days later.  He has not been seen since.

If you'd like to join a more active CC, I'd suggest looking at the recruiting posts in Country Club Corner.  There are many active CCs there who I'm sure would welcome you.

Whatever you decide... best of luck to you and enjoy your game ­čśü

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,568 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2021 10:34 AM

MY MOST INTERESTING CONVERSATION FROM LAST NIGHT!!

I can mostly tell if an opponent is a cheater, and is playing under a new member identity. Lately, I've just been blocking them and trying to just beat them outright. But last night, it took a different turn!

Here is the conversation VERBATIM...(well not quite).

CHEATER: !@#$%^&*()

ME: !@#$%^&*()

CHEATER: !@#$%^&*() !@#$%^&*()!

ME: !@#$%^&*() !@#$%^&*() !@#$%^&*() !@#$%^&*()

Then CHEATER missed an easy putt for a par...

ME: hahahahahaha! !@#$%^&*()

You know, sometimes I enjoy playing Head to Head!

• Jerrodcaldwell53
    27 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2021 10:31 AM

first thing anybody with a 150 average worries me unless they are a hack or ameture. also if they are level 60 ore more and they are pro,s or legends at real low levels, or they have starter clubs with the best putter you can get. And real high level apearll like level 8 or better with no stats no games recorded. and also when they take a long time to load..

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2021 9:45 PM

Jerrodcaldwell53:

first thing anybody with a 150 average worries me unless they are a hack or ameture. also if they are level 60 ore more and they are pro,s or legends at real low levels, or they have starter clubs with the best putter you can get. And real high level apearll like level 8 or better with no stats no games recorded. and also when they take a long time to load..

WGT forgot to tell the Mobile World about the WGT Universe WGT.com and WGT.com/forums. That there was an already established protocol for tiering up , upgrading equipment , lowering ones average , collecting and improving statistics , etc.

So these guys have been playing their asses off for years  . Not knowing how to tier up . Not knowing to play ranked rounds and lower their average .

And what about taking a long time to load ? I'll bet they don't take longer than me .

So give these guys a break . Once they find out about these forums . And the protocols . They will want to make things right . And once they do . They will really kick our asses .

It'll be a new generation . Surpassing the current best .

• BillyGore
    28 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2021 6:03 AM

I played a guy yesterday and I was first to hit and noticed that I had no meter. I tell him that and he left the game and came back and I had a meter. I birdied the first two holes and he pared both, he left the game and came back and he birdied six of the last seven holes and I had one bogey and six pars. He would never say anything, so this would lead me to believe something wasn’t right with him. 

RSS