Forums

Help › Forums

TO CATCH A CHEAT

Mon, Jan 24 2022 4:06 PM (116 replies)
  • golferguy2018
    362 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2021 5:24 AM

A 45 second clock is enough time to chat (more than enough by the way ) When the other playing is playing type your rely to them , After they hit send the chat. Not to hard to figure it out ,. Also takes about 5 seconds to say ty or n hit.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2021 2:39 PM

Robbo81303:
    Just like real life these days, this is indicative of what happens when the chronically amoral are in charge of things.

"I'd happily settle for a few less egregiously judgmental dimwits myself."

Unless you were talking about here (the UK), which I doubt.

• veximus
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 10:32 AM

Thanks a ton mate .....I always suspected the very thing u mentioned .....do glad u put it online.....not that the cheaters don't any conscience left or any sense of moral......they will will sink to any level to win instead of enjoying the game ....the are otherwise known as leeches !

thank you sir !

• Cleverish30
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 8:27 AM

Today i was playing in Monaco and the guy was flat out accusing me of cheating.  He was saying something about my account being linked to 2 e-mails which i may have done accidentally or they may have transferred it for me i honestly cant remember. The guy was harassing me.  Ive never cheated and i shouldnt have to listen to people accusing me of doing so when i am just trying to enjoy the game.  I have actually ended up here seeing if what he was saying was true because i had no idea. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 2:25 PM

Cleverish30:

Today i was playing in Monaco and the guy was flat out accusing me of cheating.  He was saying something about my account being linked to 2 e-mails which i may have done accidentally or they may have transferred it for me i honestly cant remember. The guy was harassing me.  Ive never cheated and i shouldnt have to listen to people accusing me of doing so when i am just trying to enjoy the game.  I have actually ended up here seeing if what he was saying was true because i had no idea. 

An ordinary player , would not have access to your account t to know anything about your email address. He was winding you up ! He was probably sore that you were playing better than him. Best way forward is to tell him to shut up , and tell him you will screen shot his abuse , then switch off the chat , and block him.  Blocking him doesn’t stop you from being matched against him in the future , but he won’t be able to post on your wall . A final thing you can do is to report his behaviour to his clubs owner , pointing out that a player such as him is bringing the reputation of his club down. 
     at the end of the day , play your game and forget about him once you have whipped his butt and taken his coins . Move on and enjoy the next match . 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 2:44 PM

Cleverish30:
    oday i was playing in Monaco and the guy was flat out accusing me of cheating.  He was saying something about my account being linked to 2 e-mails which i may have done accidentally or they may have transferred it for me i honestly cant remember.

He was making it all up, probably just to put you off your game.  As well as what BB has advised you could contact member services or perhaps our new Community Manager could do something.   Looking at his wall (the other player, not the new...... :-/ ) it seems there are plenty of witnesses that this sort of behaviour isn't just a one off.

• Cleverish30
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 1:46 AM
    Well that’s good to know he can’t access my details. I had a feeling he was just trying to put me off, however, it’s just not necessary. Usually I just ignore them and yeah I probably should have just muted the chat. Thanks for the advice though. My main point being unless you have solid fact someone is cheating then don’t harass them accusing them of doing so. (Just a general statement not specifically to you)
  • Cleverish30
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 1:50 AM
    Agreed. Seems to be a common theme. I have only just discovered this forum yesterday and I’ve been playing the game for quite some time. It’s good to know this is here and hopefully some issues can be addressed.
  • DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 3:09 PM

pdb1:

I just go by what I see everyday . Although the Hacks and Am's that make birdie eagle birdie all day long might be suspicious . I have only ever seen one of those . Didn't bother me .

But the Pros Tour Pros Masters and Tour Masters that I see that are making birdie eagle birdie all day long are legitimate hard core players .

What is the difference between those guys and the ones that are being called cheaters ?

Oh it was the 3 day start date . Yeah that'll do it .

Or are there only these 1 or 2 that we have now seen ?

I agree that we may not be able to know for sure if a player is a cheater, but isn't it WGT's job to make sure everyone plays by the same rules? An easy check would be to compare IP addresses. Yeah, 2 players could use the same computer...but at least IDENTIFY the duplicate IP addresses and monitor them.

pdb1:
    I hope it's over . So we can kick this thread to the curb .

I understand your frustration with this topic, but the title is "To Catch A Cheat" right?

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 3:20 PM

HOW TO CONTACT WGT IF YOU SUSPECT YOU'RE PLAYING A CHEATER

Step 1. Click on the icon at the bottom of your screen.

Step 2. Click on HELP CENTER

Step 3. Click on CONTACT US

Step 4 Send Topgolf a message. Let them check out the player.

Step 5 They will reply!

But, if we do nothing, we get this!

RSS