Forums

Help › Forums

TO CATCH A CHEAT

Tue, Nov 23 2021 1:49 AM (79 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    2,501 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2021 8:08 AM

For me, the same rules when playing out on a real golf course apply :

• I usually start a round with a brief greeting such as "Hi, (I'm Simon.) Good luck!" Sometimes, I don't say anything when I'm tired or don't feel like chatting at all. I do, however, always respond out of courtesy when my opponent greets first.
    • I try not to talk when he/she's playing unless I have to give simple responses like "Yes/No", "Thx", "LOL", etc.
    • I only say GG first when he/she holes out and/or has a strong chance of scoring better than me. I've seen idiots who types GG like million times after making a birdie first while I'm preparing my turn. *smh*
    • When he/she shows no respect, spits expletives, I simply ignore. This is only on WGT, though. I've never seen anyone who greeted back with "F*** you!" in my face on a real golf course... yet.

No brainer.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2021 4:29 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

For me, the same rules when playing out on a real golf course apply :

• I usually start a round with a brief greeting such as "Hi, (I'm Simon.) Good luck!" Sometimes, I don't say anything when I'm tired or don't feel like chatting at all. I do, however, always respond out of courtesy when my opponent greets first.
    • I try not to talk when he/she's playing unless I have to give simple responses like "Yes/No", "Thx", "LOL", etc.
    • I only say GG first when he/she holes out and/or has a strong chance of scoring better than me. I've seen idiots who types GG like million times after making a birdie first while I'm preparing my turn. *smh*
    • When he/she shows no respect, spits expletives, I simply ignore. This is only on WGT, though. I've never seen anyone who greeted back with "F*** you!" in my face on a real golf course... yet.

That is probably most common Simon .

But as everyone is very aware . I have issues before the first tee . From 30 seconds to 90 seconds on every type of multiplayer . With more than 1 extra player like 3 or 4 total . It can be even longer .

Opponents waiting through that were at first few and far between . To top it off . There is a glitch that because they are so quick to first reconnect , then ultimately just quit . A glitch that gives me an error message telling me that I did not return in time . Lol . I never left . It then forces a forfeit on me and awards them the coins . Now only 1 in 10 are too impatient to wait . used to be 4 of 5 .

The program is supposed to give them the forfeit and award me the coins . It does that once in a blue moon .

But since this all occurred before the first tee .

Instead of me having to screen shot every one of those ( more than 2 dozen ) asking for reimbursement . Which they have for every one totaling 260,000 .

Instead of the default which plays out for most of you . To give the opponent that quit . The forfeit .

Since we didn't actually make it to the first tee . No shot ever taken . Why not just have the entry fee returned to both parties ?

Who knows what will happen ?

Anyway . Back to the topic . My situation being that it is . My greeting is :

hi pw hf thx for waiting . That is my new one . The old one just said thx for waiting hf .

Either is probably good . And most times elicits a U2 or NW's . If that is all they say . That's fine . I will keep posting throughout the round . With no regards to them not responding . Except on occasion I will ask them a question . Just to see if they can hold out the silence after the greeting .

I'm sure I have coaxed a few out of their stubbornness .

With 1 opponent . All they will see during their shot is a little white box with a " 1" in it . That is hardly distracting . And really the only time feasible to comment .

Here are a couple few :

recent

this is the last half of a silent chat

typical

random

here is an alt shot , where no one wanted to talk lol

sometimes it will just freeze on one of our shots . Sometimes we can chat for 10 minutes . It will eventually reconnect and we can continue .

• SamSpayed
    3,514 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2021 5:12 PM

ChrisDeGarmo:

Some have said they want a feature where your opponent can see that your chat is off - so as to save them from getting angry that you're not chatting.

This seems oxymoronic. Your chat is off. Why is this feature needed?

It's not absolutely needed, but it would be a nice convenience.  Being able to see that your chat is off would allow your opponent to know not to expect any responses... so they probably wouldn't waste their own time trying to chat with you.

• SimonTheBeetle
    2,501 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2021 1:45 AM

@pdb1

Wow... that loading issue is brutal and... unheard of, Paul! I often get stuck with "searching for an opponent" but never seen that one.

And as to the chatting, I don't bother and just play my game when there's no response. I'm there primarily to collect as many apparel packs as possible within the time limit of +/-30 minutes anyways so I actually prefer that way as well.

• LeftyMcGee7
    133 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2021 5:43 AM

It would be nice. 

But this game is so glitched for me that any implementation of somethin just seems to add another opportunity for errors.

As a Club Owner, if a player is unaffiliated I'll say, "Howdy & GL" and if replied to decently I'll inform em that I've sent an invite to join our Club.

If replied to by a jerk then I'll just say, "Plz disregard the accidental invitation."

I otherwise answer questions and offer advice if asked, say, "GG & GL"  But generally I just try to not ignore folk as I was raised that that is rude.

I certainly understand folk not chattin though and for many, I'm probably glad they don't chat ­čśÇ

• BigBlockVettes
    426 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2021 8:20 AM

I enjoy the game play them all, I don't worry about cheats noting I could do if I knew one was cheating. I enjoy playing mostly with members in my club I know want quit. As far as chat I could care less one way or another I just want to play. If I really feel the need to talk and play golf I will go down to my real CC and see  the guys lol. This is just A game some like to chat some don't some don't like to type and again who cares I am just here to play. At the end of the day to each there on I understand some people just don't come here to talk they just want to play. As far as quitters well there here there going to be here end of story. That's why I prefer to play with people I know.

• CaverNolema
    10 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2021 7:44 PM

Yes, quitters ate here to stay, and its my biggest complaint with the game. 

I played 5 H2H coming games tonight and had 3 opponents quit while the outcome was still in question. Yes, I was in better position to win, but not for sure. 

1st (1 hole) - I hit tee shot into fairway on dogleg hole (Wolf Creek). Opponent tried similar shot, but landed OB. Instant quit.

2nd (1 hole) - opponent hit 1st in tiebreaker....green side bunker. Their *** hit slope and rolled back off front of green.  Opponent quit before my shot. I may have done the same thing, or worse.

3rd (3 holes) - approach to 3rd hole.....opponent hit a little long, and right onto fringe.

I only had 60 yards to pin, so opponent quit before I hit my shot. 

I had a 1 stroke lead, but it wasn't over  

I hate quitters. Has any idy ever discussed penalties for quitters?

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2021 12:26 PM

CaverNolema:
    Has any idy ever discussed penalties for quitters?

Yes , a response was given . I posted it in one of these threads .

But I believe that this would not cover formats that do not record statistics , player averages .

Such as Alt Shot , Match , Coins . If players were forced to commit to non counting formats . That would not go over well .

I can see it implemented in Multiplayer Stroke play , Brackets , Tournaments .

• tramilleo
    1,654 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2021 12:51 PM

But you won the coins, why care if they quit??? the purpose is to win you won quit complaining about winning sheesh

• Mythanatos
    1,994 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2021 1:56 PM

CaverNolema:
    I hate quitters. Has any idy ever discussed penalties for quitters?

Why do you have a problem with them conceding the match to you? you aren't hurt in any way. your match is over quicker and you can move on to the next one. more coins per unit time for you.

The opponent can move on to the next match that much quicker and possibly get in another apparel round or two by being time efficient.

I get it. you're upset.

why?

RSS