Forums

Help › Forums

Players Quitting!!

Wed, Aug 30 2023 4:24 PM (225 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 2:02 AM

I get the above paul .

It is because there is an advert in the middle .

Click on ad not wanted and try again .

Send feedbackWhy this ad? 

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 7:19 AM

Jedef:
    A forfeit is a sanction placed on one when the rules are not followed and the player is punished and as such has negative connotations whereas conceding is an acknowledgement of defeat and has a slightly less narky attitude about it .

+1

Agreed. Very good point. If there is not an option to concede, in the coin rooms, or matches, there should be.  If there is no way a player can win, rather than draw out the contest, and waste time (if playing for cases) or ball hits, a player should be able to concede, as opposed to a forfeit, and run the risk of being labeled in the forum, or elsewhere, as a quitter when, in fact, he/she was actually being considerate of their opponent.

I do not play in the coin rooms often, usually in the Showdowns. I do remember the old flash version gave the option to cc the match. If this new version does not, it would seem simple to add this feature.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 7:54 AM

It’s these small details and attention to the detail that would turn WGT game into something a lot better. Surely WGT could take on board some relatively minor amendments that would eliminate some major frustrations .

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 11:33 AM

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 11:35 AM

And then you get .

Fortune favors the bold.
    Old age favors the bald.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 11:43 AM

pdb1:
    Nope . Let me try a screenshot .

The screen shot you posted above does not look like moderation. I am not saying you are, or are not, on moderation. I am just saying what you posted looks like something different - IMO

Also, you may want to go back and delete it, unless disclosure of IP address and such is no big deal.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 11:49 AM

craigswan:
    I tried posting a phrase with an advert in middle paul and this is what happens .

You may want to delete your IP address as well.

From what I can gather, it is through British Telecommunications PLC, Scottland. I will not say the town, as that is private.

Just sayin'

RSS