Forums

Help › Forums

Players Quitting!!

Wed, Aug 30 2023 4:24 PM (225 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 8:46 AM

alosso:
    Think to never have thought, because any thinking of thoughts is thoughtless thinking. Never think that you are thinking, for, when you think to think you only think that you were thinking but you never think at all! (Erich Kästner, probably)

Never thought of that.

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 9:17 AM

So basically it's just best to stfu and not post anything ? 

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 9:40 AM

Jedef:

So basically it's just best to stfu and not post anything ? 

And that ....for the new community manager  wgt whatever he is called ...will sum up what a lot of people will think about this forum  and never entertain it.

Because of the select few on here with nothing better to do with their time than spam every other post with nonsense ( because they think they are funny)  and the sarcastic  ar se wipes who also have nothing better to do ...this is why the forum will never be even  a  fraction  of the representation of views of the player pool 

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 9:42 AM

It's only ever been an issue for me since flash ended ( 1 year ago )and I started playing the coin games. I wouldn't dream of quitting on a cc member or someone I'd played with for several years . I 've obviously not made myself clear but the next time I get a friendly, informative ,humorous or light hearted reply from anyone will be the first time . WGT is indeed populated with ******* ********* . :))

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 10:14 AM

OK, in all seriousness...

I re-read your initial post. I mean absolutely no disrespect when I say, I do not see a question being posed.  I read your post as an expressed opinion. Often times, people post threads to express an opinion, vent or just release frustration. It is a wonderful crazy game played by all types from all over.

As the topic of your opinion has been discussed, most likely, and nauseum, by some of the same people who posted here, this thread took a turn where most threads eventually end up, totally off topic and eventually to sarcasm, then satire until someone post a reply similar to your last one.

I do not profess to know the intent behind each, and every, one of the foregoing replies, but they seem to suggest two things:

1.  You replied to a post that was over 10 years old. I would imagine, some would feel that is violative of the 10 month rule. (See TOS); and

2.  There is a search bar to the right side of this thread. If you had searched your topic of discussion, you most likely would have found a thread which the same topic has been discussed, again, ad nauseum.

Now, it is possible that you used the search bar first and found this 10-year-old thread and replied. Which resulted in the initial responses that you received.  Let me point out, which I should have done initially, this is all IMHO.

If you had posted a question and received no replies, or those that you received were in jest, then I would agree that it is a bunch of crap and everyone here is ****** ******* . True, the thread would eventually break down into something else, but the question would have been answered first.

I disagree with getting all upset and mad because you did not receive the replies you wanted to hear when you invited everyone to "discuss".

Everyone here has had issues since flash ended (with the exception of those that have always been, and some still remain, mobile players).

If you take the time to browse the forums, and read some threads, you will find that some in the WGT community, and many in these forums (myself excluded), are the most helpful, the most skilled, the most kind, the meanest, friendliest, humorless, funniest, ruthless, nicest,  sinical, paranoid, schizophrenic (some of us - now leave me alone), craziest smartest, and most infuriating group of people you will ever meet.

So, in conclusion, lighten up a little, WGT is not just for those who play to win, it is also for those who play for fun, although, it is always fun to win.

I think.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 10:57 AM

pdb1:
    Did you ever stop to think ? And forget to start again ?

Would I have had to start in the first place, in order to stop in the first place, and then to forget to start again?  At least I think, unless, of course, I forgot to start in the first place and only thought I did.

If that was the case, then just by me thinking I started in the first place and only thought I did, is thinking, at least I think, or do I. I mean, of course I do, right. I think I do so therefore I must, unless I just think I do and then I am not, I think.

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 11:02 AM

yes I agree , thank you . I hadn't noticed the post was so old , I was just looking for a place to post my opinion on conceding a game.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 11:05 AM

Jedef:
    yes I agree , thank you . I hadn't noticed the post was so old , I was just looking for a place to post my opinion on conceding a game

No worries. Just like Hogwarts, help is always available to those who need it.

Although, at the end, that was modified to "all who deserve it".

People here really are not all bad, just some bad.

My bad.

RSS