Help › Forums

What just happened

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 7 2021 12:07 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 1UnionMan
    6 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 5:22 PM

I just finished a round shortly after earring Master and witnessed my average change from a hard earned 66 to 71. 
    we just had an update but that isn’t it I don’t believe.

Brett

1unionman 

• WGTShamWow
    906 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 7:35 PM

As your average is based off of your ranked round scores for that specific tier, when you move up in tier your average resets. The first few scores posted will have a larger affect on your average but as you continue to play ranked rounds, your average will stop moving so drastically. 

• sexysuzie
    4,129 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2021 5:39 PM

just another way to make you play more golf and spend more money....

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 2:41 AM

pdb1:
    they could have left it at 66 . One still has to saturate .
    Think it over please.

An average is not just a number, it's a calculation from a pool of scores. Would you want to keep the Tour Pro scores in your bag while moving on as a Master? It wouldn't help, IMHO, while aiming at a 63 average to become a TM.

To me, "Master at 66" is a wee display glitch, 66 being the final TP average while the Master techincally doesn't have one before his first score.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 7:51 AM

You’re turning a mole hill into a mountain ... your previous AVG is the equivalent of ONE scored round. Leaving the 66 in or out doesn’t really amount to much once you spread it over a 30-50 score AVG. And is almost unnoticeable when it’s over a 500-1000 score AVG.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 7:56 AM

pdb1:

alosso:

pdb1:
    they could have left it at 66 . One still has to saturate .
    Think it over please.

An average is not just a number, it's a calculation from a pool of scores. Would you want to keep the Tour Pro scores in your bag while moving on as a Master? It wouldn't help, IMHO, while aiming at a 63 average to become a TM.

To me, "Master at 66" is a wee display glitch, 66 being the final TP average while the Master techincally doesn't have one before his first score.

alosso:
    To me, "Master at 66" is a wee display glitch,

If you start the Master tier at 67 . Working your way up as a Tour Pro . The game gets harder . To have to work your ave down from that 67 to a 63 to become a Tour Master is quite a feat . But to have to go back to what you were as a Pro . With  72 . You are then having to work back down through 2 tier requirements . To accomplish Tour Master . Assuming that happens as a norm for most everyone At every tier . Essentially they are playing each tier twice .

Think of this . With a 66 ave . Your next round is a 71 . Your ave moves up . But not to 71 . Your next round is 69 . Your ave moves up . And will continue steadily moving up . Until you get your new tier figured out . And your saturation fulfilled .

This system is a steady climb up as it is . To keep your hard earned average for that steady climb . At each tier level . Does not give one any advantage . Does not give anything away . Or make it easier .

Could possibly reduce that 10 year tier climb . To 9 years and 3 months .

And that is the wrong direction . They found a way to stretch it out . And get more revenue . Very good plan by the marketing guy .

Get the player nervous . Lengthen the tee . Don't tell him that his new ave depends on the score of this round . Even without knowing  . They knew the odds were that it would be a terrible round . Then double wammy when he sees his ave jump dramatically .

Lol . Now he's pissed off . Guaranteed to purchase twice as many balls . And he decided he needed the balls that cost $ 1.50 more than the last ones .

And Geez these guys are hitting them long . Guess it's time for new equipment .

WGT knows all this . And then some .

Would have had nearly the same results by leaving the ave alone . And he wouldn't be as mad .

TLDR after i  scanned the start... 

ok think just a tad! 

If you just got done lowering your average to tier up. then that should be where your skill level is.

all other scores should be somewhere around that number. 

matter of fact keeping the average would increase the total pool of  scores so that any new scores would have a tinier effect. by resetting the average it's actually an advantage. 

• PAGES
RSS