Forums

Help › Forums

Level 90-130 Tour pro's Cheating?

Mon, Feb 5 2024 11:53 AM (27 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 6:51 PM

IamNicklaus:
    The bolded bit  just isn't true .  Certainly  for a pc player you could reach say tourpro  and  then just play alt shot  or matchplay against  other tourpros or lower tiers, never saturate  , reap the benefits  of getting better clubs as you level up from the front tees and  be a very a good player .  If that isn't the definition of  sandbagging  and an illustration of how easy it is then I have no idea what is

Well, first of all, a player can be tiered up based on match play. And second of all, if they're sandbagging to simply win alt shot or match play round, where's the real harm? Sure, on a personal level, it could be irritating. But what benefits are they reaping? Additionally, the solutions is simple: don't play those people. 

But if they enter tournaments and start winning, then they'll be tiered up. 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 6:53 PM

EK2019:
    The guy who wrote they probably are not good players has no idea how leveling up or Tiering up works on WGT.

LOL! 

While you may or may not like the person, he most definitely knows what he's talking about. There's no doubt about that. 

• Shadowridge85
    8 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 7:51 PM

Well there is the problem a "Real" Tour-pro is facing. I busted my butt getting this far and what about the flip-side of this? I have encountered more Tour masters and Legends and Tour Legends and the 2 Champion levels, though only 3 or 4 I think. When it comes to the lower rooms, there are tons of low avg. great players and the match-ups are 75% unfair! Where else can I earn the sponsor packs? So, I got beat a lot and complained of the match-ups and then I set the Swing Edge bonus and tore off quite a few wins. The problem there was that I got addicted sort of and paid 75 credits or less for early sponsor play. I was not in rooms for coins as much as gear. 

Somewhere along the way golfing for fun, gear, new clubs, trying to lower avg. (lots of rounds need to be played yet) it got tougher to win and I got this feeling like Wgt was running matches, shots, and wind and everything against me and the match-ups got much fairer. Now it was pro, ams, tp's and masters that had higher avgs....even some hacks. Well it seemed fair and square but not so much as I still got beat by some ams, pros and tp's that didn't have avgs. or high. So I looked at the gear and clubs and many had nothing but wgt clubs and a level 2 SE shirt. And I am new, but up till this day it looks and feels like WGT has many ringers working the rooms. IDK maybe they target me for some complaints and suggesting I would go to the BBB and higher.....LoL I am jabberin now, but I am just glad someone pointed out the Legends workin the lower rooms! As TP I have 1 option for my level and its Bev Hills, but who wants to play 9 all the time and use the whole 30 mins up for sponsor time? Anyway, new to game and just started forums yesterday. Maybe will help me "simmer down now" lol

• IamNicklaus
    493 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 8:21 PM

Robert1893:

IamNicklaus:
    The bolded bit  just isn't true .  Certainly  for a pc player you could reach say tourpro  and  then just play alt shot  or matchplay against  other tourpros or lower tiers, never saturate  , reap the benefits  of getting better clubs as you level up from the front tees and  be a very a good player .  If that isn't the definition of  sandbagging  and an illustration of how easy it is then I have no idea what is

Well, first of all, a player can be tiered up based on match play. And second of all, if they're sandbagging to simply win alt shot or match play round, where's the real harm? Sure, on a personal level, it could be irritating. But what benefits are they reaping? Additionally, the solutions is simple: don't play those people. 

But if they enter tournaments and start winning, then they'll be tiered up. 

I'm well aware of being able to tier up by playing matchplay. I haven't just stepped onto the tees! .  I couldn't  care less whether they   are deliberately  holding onto their tiers or not and it certainly isn't a source of irritation for me . , I was making the point  that in my opinion  there are many decent tour pros at high levels  and the fact that it is easy enough to sandbag if you wished to do so . 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 8:50 AM

IamNicklaus:
    I was making the point  that in my opinion  there are many decent tour pros at high levels  and the fact that it is easy enough to sandbag if you wished to do so . 

And my point is that if they are sandbagging to earn coins or credits, it will catch up to them fairly quickly. 

Yes, it's easy to sandbag in the short run. But sandbaggers are unlikely to maintain it for very long, if they are attempting to game the system to earn coins or credits. 

But if they are doing it to simply win alt shot or match play, who cares? I still fail to see what benefits they reap, other than having a good alt shot/match play record. And I'm not sure why anyone would actually even care about that.  

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 4:22 PM
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 5:49 PM

AussieMick11:
    history repeating

It sure is. And won't be the last time.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 7:09 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    It sure is. And won't be the last time.

• LibTuhrdsSuk
    54 Posts
    Wed, Dec 6 2023 9:04 AM

you hit the nail on the head.  Simple fix?: Make equipment based on tier, not level.  Then we wouldn't be playing level 90+ hitting from the short tees.  Wake up wgt.  However, I'm sure the the $$ calculator has an algorithm that determined wgt will sell more stuff using the level.  Because, and we all know this, wgt is just another company figuring ways to earn money.

• LibTuhrdsSuk
    54 Posts
    Wed, Dec 6 2023 9:06 AM

Far from the truth.  They also play in tournament for credits, which is real $$, and THAT is why it's cheating.

RSS