Forums

Help › Forums

Level 90-130 Tour pro's Cheating?

Mon, Feb 5 2024 11:53 AM (27 replies)
  • EK2019
    36 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 6:28 AM

Hey community, what is up with the players that are on Level 90-130 that are still "Tour Pro's". Shouldn't that be consider cheating? I have played some guys recently and I have to tee off way back since I am legend and they are teeing off from the ladies tees and are on a much higher level than I am and "as good". This is a bad flaw in the game when playing for coins or for whatever game type.  

This should be dealt with some how..Did they just play practice games their whole time playing on WGT in order to NOT get moved up to the next tier...? 

Either WGT needs to fix this, or NOT allow pro's and tour pros to have access to drivers that are the same driving length from the Ladies tees as from the Legend tee's.

It is cheating no matter how you look at it..

Thanks!!

Eric

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 7:20 AM

Levels have nothing to do with ability. You can buy crap in the pro shop to boost your level, enabling you to purchase better equipment.   Tiers are still primarily based on ranked and/or tournament rounds to establish you so-called average.

Play all the unranked stroke play, CTTH, alt-shot, match play, etc. rounds you want and your level goes up with your "average"  being affected ...buy the boosts and levels go up even faster.

IMO, the single , dumbest thing WGT ever did was to make equipment level-based instead of tier-based.

• EK2019
    36 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 7:44 AM

Yes and that is the problem, someone can play just practice rounds and move all the way up through high levels but stay at pro or tour pro. Then they can buy long drives and tee off from the ladies tees. It is not "fare". WGT should make restrictions on the Driver lengths if someone is teeing off from Tour pro tees and I have the same driver from the Legends tee's. Not easy to do but something is not right with this. Fortunately I beat most of them usually, but it is not fare by any means. Specially on the coin base games...

Or they need to average out peoples real scores whether they are playing practice games or not..

• terryntx
    56 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 8:09 AM

well u are right alot of them do that and i think its funny if they do thatto win some bs coin on a video game they dont have much of a life and if you r worried about losing coins that mean nothing u should take up bowling

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 9:58 AM

Few things about this.

if they are tour pros and 90+ they aren't  good.

WGT has enough stuff in play to tier them up to prevent sandbagging. so if they haven't tiered their skill level is poor.

if you are a legend and playing in coin rooms that are tier based tees for more than two weeks then you aren't very good either. there are only 3 of those and 7 that are set tees. 

most of the  rooms have set tees regardless of level or tier.

so in the very beginning you might need to play lower rooms with tier based tees to get enough of a stack to move up to casablanca or  Rio both of which  are set tees and use the master/TM tees. 

Tokyo and above use the back tees.

also in regards to the poster that said gear should be tier based that's an even dumber idea than levels. levels at least take more time.

tiers are manipulated. by virtually everyone artificially lowering their averages by playing thousands of red tee tourneys. I've seen TCs less than level 100. and almost always those people are easy meat in Bellagio or Tokyo.

what you're saying is someone should have access to better gear than me because they play thousands  of easy tourneys. i i only play those from back tees and usually high winds. 

there may be some flaws in level based... but it's not as much as if it were tier based.

• IamNicklaus
    493 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 4:22 AM

Mythanatos:

Few things about this.

if they are tour pros and 90+ they aren't  good.

WGT has enough stuff in play to tier them up to prevent sandbagging. so if they haven't tiered their skill level is poor.

if you are a legend and playing in coin rooms that are tier based tees for more than two weeks then you aren't very good either. there are only 3 of those and 7 that are set tees. 

most of the  rooms have set tees regardless of level or tier.

so in the very beginning you might need to play lower rooms with tier based tees to get enough of a stack to move up to casablanca or  Rio both of which  are set tees and use the master/TM tees. 

Tokyo and above use the back tees.

also in regards to the poster that said gear should be tier based that's an even dumber idea than levels. levels at least take more time.

tiers are manipulated. by virtually everyone artificially lowering their averages by playing thousands of red tee tourneys. I've seen TCs less than level 100. and almost always those people are easy meat in Bellagio or Tokyo.

what you're saying is someone should have access to better gear than me because they play thousands  of easy tourneys. i i only play those from back tees and usually high winds. 

there may be some flaws in level based... but it's not as much as if it were tier based.

The bolded bit  just isn't true .  Certainly  for a pc player you could reach say tourpro  and  then just play alt shot  or matchplay against  other tourpros or lower tiers, never saturate  , reap the benefits  of getting better clubs as you level up from the front tees and  be a very a good player .  If that isn't the definition of  sandbagging  and an illustration of how easy it is then I have no idea what is . 

• EK2019
    36 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 7:45 AM

You are exactly right. Sandbgging is a better word for cheating. Coins or not, it is an error in the game.

The guy who wrote they probably are not good players has no idea how leveling up or Tiering up works on WG.

It is cheating, period. 

It cannot be that a level 90 tour pro average score of 150 has the same clubs as me and tees off from the ladies tees.  

• IamNicklaus
    493 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 9:44 AM

Having had a long think about the whole issue around sandbagging , the only way I can see a solution to prevent it happening is to form xp  around scoring averages ...i.e  you would only gain xp when you reduce your average ...in conjunction with clubs purchasable when you reach a certain level  this would prevent people from being able to hold on  to their tier falsely , to a degree

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 1:09 PM

EK2019:

You are exactly right. Sandbgging is a better word for cheating. Coins or not, it is an error in the game.

The guy who wrote they probably are not good players has no idea how leveling up or Tiering up works on WG.

It is cheating, period. 

It cannot be that a level 90 tour pro average score of 150 has the same clubs as me and tees off from the ladies tees.  

oh really?

I've tiered up every which way you can.

Master to TM and TM to Legend tiering up were both early because i won  Ready gos.

Legend to TL was because i saturated and then eventually dropped the average low enough 300+ rounds later.

TL to Champion i only had about 69 ranked rounds. But tiered up due to coin room success and whatever algorithm they use for that.

for the first 2.5 years i played I played about 50% on PC and 50% on mobile.

so to be quite frank about it. I know more how tiering up and levels work than you do. I know more about the nuances of both games than you do. I played each one probably more than you have on both combined. 

I've never played a Tour Pro level 90+ that was any good. and i've played lots in coin rooms. If you're getting beat then it's a skill thing. 

And actually looking at your score history it's definitely a skill problem. Did you red tee tourney your way to legend? 

it's not a gear problem because me and many others i know were posting better scores at level 80 and you're 90+.

The bottom line here is you're a Tour Pro with a legend label and that's why you're getting beat by higher level Tour pros.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 1:50 PM

EK2019:

I've encountered many of these players in the coin rooms. It's okay though 'cause I beat them most of times anyways and even if I lose, it's only the freaking useless coins that get wasted. So... let 'em be "ladies". LOL

RSS