Forums

Help › Forums

unwanted comments

Sun, Mar 19 2023 7:29 PM (45 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 2:56 PM

" ..90% of community members are lurkers who read or observe, but don’t contribute . 9% of community members edit or respond to content but don’t create content of their own . 1% of community members create new content .. We need to change this ."

Given some of the drivel I've read in this forum over the past 10 years (including some of my own), I'm not sure asking more people to think chit up is a good thing...lol

ct

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Wed, Feb 9 2022 1:22 AM

craigswan:
    Gotcha . You still read it . Very interesting stuff on there .

🤣🤣🤣

• LeftyMcGee7
    449 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2022 4:29 PM

craigswan:
    A rule about online engagement has floated around the internet for a while, called the Rule of Participation Inequality, or the 90-9-1 Rule. The rule goes something like this: User participation in any online internet community generally follows the 90-9-1 rule: 90% of community members are lurkers who read or observe, but don’t contribute . 9% of community members edit or respond to content but don’t create content of their own . 1% of community members create new content .. We need to change this .

"over 85% of all statistics are made up on the spot." - David Mitchell

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 12:09 AM

I have had many insults and strange things said to me. I have been told to get my champ azz out of the coin games. I really don't care if I win or lose just trying to get sone apparel points. One of the strangest is a player told me to ask my dad to put a window in my basement room lol. I usually just ignore this kind of thing and think maybe if they concentrated on the game more instead of throwing out insults, they would have more of a chance to win. But many that say things like that are not here to play the game, rather they are here to engage someone in their nonsense. I don't quit the game but if someone gets particularly bad, I simply block them.

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 1:44 AM

Good point. I only block someone who I have played more than once and has been particularly bad and that is rare. But sometimes after playing the same person 2 or more times that just wants to insult in chat letting the clock time out it is time to block them for me. If I play coin games at the same time, I often get the same player that I have played before, it even tells your record against them.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 3:05 AM

Without biting midges, we wouldn’t have chocolate:.

Cocoa plants are pollinated by them..

I continue to bite midges .

For the greater good of chocolate. .

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 3:38 AM

pdb1:
    ... since there is virtually no chance you will ever play them again . No reason to even spend any effort to block them . I just played right around 5000 coin games . And only played the same player twice about 4 times .

Just as an FYI;
    - Blocking a Player will not stop the game from matching you up against them again in the Coin Rooms. It will prevent that player from Chatting with you in game, trying to Friend request you and from writing a message on your Wall

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 4:04 AM

LeftyMcGee7:

craigswan:
    A rule about online engagement has floated around the internet for a while, called the Rule of Participation Inequality, or the 90-9-1 Rule. The rule goes something like this: User participation in any online internet community generally follows the 90-9-1 rule: 90% of community members are lurkers who read or observe, but don’t contribute . 9% of community members edit or respond to content but don’t create content of their own . 1% of community members create new content .. We need to change this .

"over 85% of all statistics are made up on the spot." - David Mitchell

Quotation marks :-)

The whole thrust of the article that was taken from is different to what the quoted portion suggests, that's the problem when there's no source or even quotation marks.

"We need to change this." In fact refers to the "90-9-1 rule".  The study actually found that participation is much higher than this.

RSS