1,869 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 2:44 PM

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 10:23 AM

HamdenPro:

bypass07:
    There are a lot of not-nice people hiding behind keyboards

Not just in game play. Same applies to the forums. Those people should be called out when they post and put to task.

Seems like no one wants to do that.  Fear of moderation prevents decent people from doing the right thing - IMHO

Not just moderation. I have seen nice players banned from the forums for calling out jerks, 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 10:54 AM

borntobesting:

HamdenPro:

bypass07:
    There are a lot of not-nice people hiding behind keyboards

Not just in game play. Same applies to the forums. Those people should be called out when they post and put to task.

Seems like no one wants to do that.  Fear of moderation prevents decent people from doing the right thing - IMHO

Not just moderation. I have seen nice players banned from the forums for calling out jerks, 

^^^ that is correct.  Refer my earlier post on this topic. It all boils down to which Mod is on duty that day. 

ct

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 11:29 AM

ct690911:

^^^ that is correct.  Refer my earlier post on this topic. It all boils down to which Mod is on duty that day. 

ct

And that being a "Jerk" is in the eye of the beholder kind of thing, rarely will people think their friend is a jerk or even being a jerk...But are quick to spot "Jerkiness" of people they don't know or dislike.

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 6:24 AM
    Maybe a female wgt moderator would help the situation . You can get a thousand nice comments and you have one mean comment and your day is absolutely ruined, crushed . 3 strikes and your out ..
  • PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 7:05 AM

craigswan:
    Maybe

• Badputter01
    365 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 7:34 AM

That’s the beauty (and downside) of this frustrating game. It’s brilliant to be able to converse with people from across the World. To be able to make friends across the Globe is (the word mostly used by Americans) AWESOME. In my nearing 5 years playing, I’ve also encountered some hilarious conversations, some have been downright disgusting. Not all of them down to me… (you’re supposed to laugh at that last comment). I play in the coin rooms and that’s where inappropriate comments have been chucked in my direction. I tend to not say much nowadays. Apart from ‘good luck’, ‘enjoy’, ‘good game’, ‘thanks’ and that’s about it. Of course I do have the option to mute conversations, but rarely do. One friend from across the pond has described these avatar coinroomers as all cloned from Clive Owen. And to be fair, he has a valid point.

im sorry you have encountered stupid remarks from people who think they can say anything they want without recriminations. Screenshots sent to members@worldgolftour.com will expedite most, if not all, issues. Stay safe and hit straight, David.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 12:25 PM

craigswan:
    Maybe a female wgt moderator would help the situation .

That would certainly get the "who will have the last word" thread shut down in a hurry.

@PureGro1 - LOL 😂

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 12:42 PM
    Gotcha . You still read it . Very interesting stuff on there .
  • craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 12:50 PM
    A rule about online engagement has floated around the internet for a while, called the Rule of Participation Inequality, or the 90-9-1 Rule. The rule goes something like this: User participation in any online internet community generally follows the 90-9-1 rule: 90% of community members are lurkers who read or observe, but don’t contribute . 9% of community members edit or respond to content but don’t create content of their own . 1% of community members create new content .. We need to change this .
RSS