Forums

Help › Forums

unwanted comments

Sun, Mar 19 2023 7:29 PM (45 replies)
  • gillian5048
    154 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 8:32 AM

I often join stroke matches, and enjoy playing against folks from around the globe. The vast majority are decent folks.

However, I have occassionally run into some real jerks. One such occassion occurred last night.  My first drive  landed in the rough. Another player then said, "I'd like to get rough with you." After my next shot, he stated, "I will travel." I promptly left the game.

I, like I think most women, do not appreciate these comments. This was not the first time. We are here to play golf.

Come on guys! You know who you are.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 1:35 PM

gillian5048:
    We are here to play golf.
    There are gamers who would object to that, and there are jerks.

Block them. Forget them. Period.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2021 9:18 AM
    You can't be thin skinned, and play in the coin rooms. Those that play that kind of game, think they are playing head games with u to win. There are alot worse out there, beware, and good luck.
  • bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2021 11:52 AM
    It never ends. There are a lot of not-nice people hiding behind keyboards, once WGT improves the friends list just play with people you know. Too bad it has to be this way.
  • AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2021 4:04 AM

Just tell them you're a 300 lbs male trucker and you'd be happy to meet up... ;-) 

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 8:38 AM

bypass07:
    There are a lot of not-nice people hiding behind keyboards

Not just in game play. Same applies to the forums. Those people should be called out when they post and put to task.

Seems like no one wants to do that.  Fear of moderation prevents decent people from doing the right thing - IMHO

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 8:56 AM

HamdenPro:

bypass07:

Not just in game play. Same applies to the forums. Those people should be out called when they post and put to task.

Seems like no one wants to do that.  Fear of moderation prevents decent people from doing the right thing - IMHO

Hi HP , sorry you feel you cannot speak your mind , within the rules , for fear of being chastised by other posters. I haven’t been on moderation (yet), but fear of being moderated would never stop me from standing up to bullies and nasty people. WGT , I feel will support you , and you should report unfair behaviour. There is an abuse button on all forum posts, there are moderators who you can approach or you can report with screen shots , by email. All the best Lesley

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 11:14 AM

bossbird:

HamdenPro:

bypass07:

Not just in game play. Same applies to the forums. Those people should be out called when they post and put to task.

Hi HP , sorry you feel you cannot speak your mind , within the rules , for fear of being chastised by other posters. I haven’t been on moderation (yet), but fear of being moderated would never stop me from standing up to bullies and nasty people. WGT , I feel will support you , and you should report unfair behaviour. There is an abuse button on all forum posts, there are moderators who you can approach or you can report with screen shots , by email. All the best Lesley

It depends on which mod you report the abuse to. I was getting gas-lighted by a couple of idiots and, after defending myself proved useless, reported it. Turns out one of the bullies was a friend of the moderator and I was placed on moderation for a year. The instigator received no punishment at all.

That said, I agree with most of what you wrote. IMHO the best thing to do if attacked is to say nothing in return and simply report the abuse. If the attacks are clearly one sided, the mods will have no choice but to punish the actual abuser.

ctc

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 3:16 PM

ct690911:
    Turns out one of the bullies was a friend of the moderator and I was placed on moderation for a year. The instigator received no punishment at all.

Oi vey

LMFAO....Colin that's crazy hilarious.  You of all peeps. Wow.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 3:31 PM

pmm711:

ct690911:
    Turns out one of the bullies was a friend of the moderator and I was placed on moderation for a year. The instigator received no punishment at all.

Oi vey

LMFAO....Colin that's crazy hilarious.  You of all peeps. Wow.

True story, Paul. I was gonna name the perp and the mod, but figured I'd get moderated again...lol

RSS