Forums

Help › Forums

what a joke this app is now

Fri, Nov 3 2023 2:17 PM (54 replies)
  • IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Thu, Nov 2 2023 2:55 PM

craigswan:

Personally speaking i cannot do Discord .

And i don't want to learn it either .

And right there is the crux of what i said earlier in the thread relating to people making excuses ....you have made various posts about being too old to do certain computer related things , but the reality is highlighted ...you don't want to ...it's not a matter of age , just lack of desire .

And the fact you don't want to use discord is fine and understandable , but please don't use age as a reason why you can't , it's nonsense .

I also think that a percentage of  " digital natives " , probably also use the " I'm not good with computers "  as an excuse to get them past the fact they have no real incentive or interest to apply themselves and learn  at least the basics .

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Nov 2 2023 5:28 PM

IamNicklaus:

craigswan:

Personally speaking i cannot do Discord .

And i don't want to learn it either .

And right there is the crux of what i said earlier in the thread relating to people making excuses ....you have made various posts about being too old to do certain computer related things , but the reality is highlighted ...you don't want to ...it's not a matter of age , just lack of desire .

And the fact you don't want to use discord is fine and understandable , but please don't use age as a reason why you can't , it's nonsense .

I also think that a percentage of  " digital natives " , probably also use the " I'm not good with computers "  as an excuse to get them past the fact they have no real incentive or interest to apply themselves and learn  at least the basics .

Yep...you are exactly right. I also fall into the same category as Craig...and I would bet there are many others, if they were being honest with themselves.

I don't know how old Scott Hope or Gary are, but I'm betting they are not young and still they are whizzes with computer technology... 

• craigswan
    30,991 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2023 3:50 AM
    Question about Discord user's . Do you sit in your living room talking to fellow golfer's while the rest of the family struggle to hear the television . Or are you banished to the bedroom for the night .
  • craigswan
    30,991 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2023 3:52 AM
    For your information . Scott is in his sixties . He is waiting on that new beatles record coming out .
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2023 4:52 AM

And I am almost 75 in a couple of months.  In answer to Colin.  I am just flat out tired of trying to learn new things.  Could I, probably.  Do I want to, No.

I graduated H. S. in 1967, there are too many years between then and now.  I like many of todays' youth, lack the attention span to learn new things. 

I have forgotten more computer stuff then todays' kids will ever learn.  I have been involved in some form or another since before Dos 3.1.  And 8 1/4 floppies.   I used to love Win 98, as there was not much I couldn't make it do, but alas many years ago.  I became quite proficient at Win7 and am now learning 10.  Do I own a smartphone, Yes.  Did I want one, No.

But as times change, we to a certain degree, must change.

Luckily, I won't be around for some of the changes I see happening, today.

What used to be science fiction to me, is now coming to as the norm in todays' world, and in some cases I don't like what I see happening.

These are just my opinions' and may not be others.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2023 5:21 AM

craigswan:
    For your information Scott is in his sixties . He is waiting on that new beatles record coming out .

Yes and no.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2023 6:43 AM

craigswan:
    For your information . Scott is in his sixties .

So, he is actually young. 😀

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2023 10:21 AM

Maybe, I think what Scott is saying is, YES he is in his 60's and NO he is not waiting for the new Beatles record, but then again, I could be wrong, as it wouldn't be the first time.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2023 10:36 AM

garyk49:

Maybe, I think what Scott is saying is, YES he is in his 60's and NO he is not waiting for the new Beatles record, but then again, I could be wrong, as it wouldn't be the first time.

If this is for me, I think we all understood that. I guess I was being a bit too subtle. I was making a (slightly tongue-in-cheek) comment that being in one's 60s is still young. 😀

For context, in December, I'll be 64.

• HamdenPro
    2,417 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2023 12:29 PM

Robert1893:
    For context, in December, I'll be 64

RSS