I'm not saying I don't now believe you were doing as you said

Somehow, that doesn't sound right - LOL

Lol, you're right and I shouldn't be allowed to post after 10pm :-( 

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 7:46 AM

DodgyPutter:
    I shouldn't be allowed to post after 10pm :-(

If you would like, I could moderate you.

I have some experience.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 7:50 AM

HamdenPro:

If you would like, I could moderate you.

I have some experience.

Hmmm, It's possible that I have more, I'd reckon it's very close.

Edit: But yes I tell you what.  If I come on the forum (suppose you can only supervise post, not read) at all in the next month I have to buy you a sleeve.  A sleeve each time I post that is, but the one below (8:09) doesn't count as it was before this edit. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 8:09 AM

Robert1893:

I guess. But the coin games (via mobile) were around before the other player even joined. 

That brings up this question: Even though I joined in 2015, would I not be considered an "old timer" simply because I chose to play the mobile version rather than the flash version? 

If so, I kinda feel like this word does not mean what some think it means. 😉

If a player joined 10years ago and has played 10 times are they an "old timer"? Is 20 hours playing in 10years more of an old timer than 500 hours in 4 years? I feel that when applied to a game it has to focus on the experience part of what the phrase "old timer" means (to me anyway) 😉   The person being picked on had played a lot of games in their time here. 

If you're comparing flash to the new game then yes, it would be handy to have played both.

Robert1893:
    Regardless, the point remains: no players (old time or new time) are "getting the shaft."

The person doesn't really know what is required to tier up and that is what they want to do.  They wrote a slightly annoyed and inaccurate post for that reason, that's all.  They play all the courses, minimal (if any) red tee, not 'bagging, not a multi, buy expensive stuff etc etc.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 9:19 AM

DodgyPutter:
    If I come on the forum (suppose you can only supervise post, not read) at all in the next month I have to buy you a sleeve. 

I sincerely hope you reconsider, DP.  Although you and I have disagreed at times here in the Forums, I've always valued your thoughts and opinions... and I know others do too.

Also, HP is going to need that sleeve.  I've seen her play WC #8 😁

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 9:31 AM

Chill pill needed folks , this is getting too much ! 
    this isn’t real life , we are talking about a game . Everyone should be able to post things without it getting out of hand.
    I know in the past I too have allowed it to get the better of me , but seriously , a meeting with an oncologist is real , this isn’t !
    take five and chill ! Happy new year ! 

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 9:41 AM

Agreed, what we need is a distraction, so, Where's Scott is now mobile, no longer restricted to any one thread...

By the way, an "old timer" , Noun -a person who has had the same job, membership, or residence, etc., for a long time..."old-timers could reminisce about the days before fax machines"

EDIT: Maybe some people around here need to read The Greatest Game Ever Played thread, especially the part about forming bonds...hmmmm? NO REPLIES ARE WANTED - THANK YOU.

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 10:38 AM

SamSpayed:
    Although you and I have disagreed at times here in the Forums, I've always valued your thoughts and opinions

RSS