Forums

Help › Forums

What on earth has happened?

Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:19 AM (83 replies)
  • CaptRon48
    184 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 7:56 AM

Im legend and got it strictly through coin games. Believe me I did not want it. I still have lot to learn and since im still using non prem balls,  it has affected  my h2h record adversely greatly.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 8:01 AM

SamSpayed:
    They probably play a lot of coin games.  Don't really see how that equates to giving the shaft to old-time players, though.

And more to the point, I don't know that someone who joined in 2017 can play the "old time players" card. 

Jus' sayin' 😀

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 8:33 AM

Robert1893:
    And more to the point, I don't know that someone who joined in 2017 can play the "old time players" card.

LOL

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 9:55 AM

Robert1893:
    I don't know that someone who joined in 2017 can play the "old time players" card. 

I had the same exact first thought Robert, lol.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 11:55 AM

HamdenPro:

Robert1893:

LOL

Now, is that anyway to reply to Mr. Mostly RIght?

Although, consider the possibility that he may be a Second Accountor....which, of course, would make him Mr. Mostly V. Wrong, but an "old timer" none the less.

(V is for Very).

For someone who is being careful..........there is nothing at all to indicate that account is anything other than a first one, in fact I've rarely seen one that was less likely to be a multi.  I did see the "Top awards" were from rg's so had a look at the best of them (the gold ones) they returned 78c from 100c entry 25c from 50c and 38c from 50.

As to old timer, maybe it's not all about the date of joining, you joined in Feb 2014, (long enough ago to be considered an old timer?) yet they have played more Alt, MP and 1,100+ rr's more. I'd say they played a fair bit on the old version.   The fact they are L112 and you're L98 also should give you some indication that they have spent a fair bit of time on the game.

So from a short post where it is clear that they don't understand the system(s) for ranking up they get innuendo about cheating and told off for saying they were an old timer, lol did they even say that? 

Seriously though this is a L112 TM that wants to be promoted, not to cheat people.  MarchieB tried to tell them in October that "play better" was the way but maybe they forgot.

All that said I'm no help, as personally I'm off trying to explain how things work here and I don't know the mobile/new game ways anyway.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 12:31 PM

DodgyPutter:
    For someone who is being careful..........there is nothing at all to indicate that account is anything other than a first one

My reference was as to Sam, who I thought was the original author of the "old timer" comment and to whom Robert was addressing. I was also teasing a good friend who knows that I would never suggest he was, in fact a multi-Accountor. I am confident that he took it for what it was intended.

If my comments were of offense to you, or the OP, I sincerely apologize.

DodgyPutter:
    As to old timer, maybe it's not all about the date of joining, you joined in Feb 2014, (long enough ago to be considered an old timer?) yet they have played more Alt, MP and 1,100+ rr's more. I'd say they played a fair bit on the old version.   The fact they are L112 and you're L98 also should give you some indication that they have spent a fair bit of time on the game.

If you knew me, you would know I am not an "old timer" as you might presume....but that is a different story.

I do not get caught up on who is what Level or Tier, or how much more someone knows, all I know is, without exception, to date, I have yet to come close to scoring lower than Sam when we are playing.

Notwithstanding, once I master the new irons, I am confident that I will win in the upcoming Grudge Match and assume possession of the esteemed Bragging Rights Award.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 1:58 PM

HamdenPro:

DodgyPutter:
    For someone who is being careful..........there is nothing at all to indicate that account is anything other than a first one

My reference was as to Sam, who I thought was the original author of the "old timer" comment and to whom Robert was addressing.

Well he wasn't and Robert may have been addressing Sam but he was talking about someone else (the post before Sam's), it looked like you were too. 

I'm not saying I don't believe you were doing as you said, I do, just that it didn't look that way in the other post. My apologies.

(Edited, sorry HP)

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 2:11 PM

DodgyPutter:
    I'm not saying I don't now believe you were doing as you said

Somehow, that doesn't sound right - LOL

Not the first time, and will not be the last, that I get caught up on who is posting as opposed to the OP being referred to.

To avoid any confusion - it has been deleted.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 3:35 PM

DodgyPutter:
    As to old timer, maybe it's not all about the date of joining,

As I posted, I had the same first thought Robert did, but...

you are absolutely right DP, anyone who played pre-Flash Death could and should be considered an old timer, especially when I have felt like such an absolute newbie since a year ago come tomorrow.

Good point made.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 3:55 PM

twinponds169:

As I posted, I had the same first thought Robert did, but...

you are absolutely right DP, anyone who played pre-Flash Death could and should be considered an old timer, especially when I have felt like such an absolute newbie since a year ago come tomorrow.

Good point made.

I guess. But the coin games (via mobile) were around before the other player even joined. 

That brings up this question: Even though I joined in 2015, would I not be considered an "old timer" simply because I chose to play the mobile version rather than the flash version? 

If so, I kinda feel like this word does not mean what some think it means. 😉

Regardless, the point remains: no players (old time or new time) are "getting the shaft."

RSS